Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Santa Fe hahahahaha that’s the shade I was wearing when I had a tan lololol omgggg so pale 😂😂😂 DYING

Just spotted this. Apparently it's 'naff' to try to hold a publication to account for not paying writers.

Can anyone point out the bit where Sali was polite cos I totally missed it?

16F38E14-A86D-483A-BFFD-BF1E97BE8562.jpeg

🙊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I hear Nars are bringing out a brand new paler than pale shade called Cardiff in honour of Sal

it’ll be Medium 2 to everyone else

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I hear Nars are bringing out a brand new paler than pale shade called Cardiff in honour of Sal

it’ll be Medium 2 to everyone else
No wonder I could never get that bloody Suqqu foundation to match my skin if that's what she calls super pale. Because my shade match in the NARS range is Siberia.

Reactions: 5
Ha!! I’ve just realised I’ve out paled Sali — not hard, obvs…

I’m literally a 0 in the old Nars TM 🤣 👻
18A8B192-3216-4544-8F65-03F39012BFFA.jpeg

worst. Competition. Ever!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
“I’ve never taken publications that upset me to task on here”
Hmm took the guardian’s beauty column to task tho…
Classic Sali. Punches down but sees it as some kind of weird badge of honour that she has never taken publications who've upset her to task.

I don't think any of the women who took the Pool to task on Twitter were doing it lightly- they were doing it as a last resort and who could blame them. How many people can afford to go months without pay? Obviously Sali could but that doesn't mean she should look down on those who are trying to get what is theirs.

It's funny how she can say things like "well I have only just been paid by a glossy for a job I did a year ago" but still act like she is the better person for saying nothing. Maybe if more women stood up it would help other women in the same scenario, rather than a precedent of writers being unpaid or paid in a very delayed fashion? Just a thought

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The Ren eye lift thingy and the Vichy serum in the blue bottle which actually made my forehead flake
Yes! That crappy ren 'beauty shot' or whatever it was called which was about £30 for a teeny bottle and left weird white residue around my eyes 😔
I trusted Sali's recommendations so much when I bought that crap that I put it down to my own especially awful skin that it was no good on me (my skin is fine! 🙄)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes! That crappy ren 'beauty shot' or whatever it was called which was about £30 for a teeny bottle and left weird white residue around my eyes 😔
I trusted Sali's recommendations so much when I bought that crap that I put it down to my own especially awful skin that it was no good on me (my skin is fine! 🙄)
I used to feel that way too. That nothing ever worked for my crappy skin. I ignore recommendations now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The Ren stuff had a whole column dedicated to it so I assumed that was a sign of its greatness. How naive I was...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Its so strange how ten, seven years ago seems so dated now. The idea of going to the counter, joining a waiting list.

Reactions: 9
I'd forgotten about the Vichy serum....dreadful scent, had to bin it. The Superdrug one she recommended was very good though.
Completely opposite way round for me. I really liked the Vichy one - bought loads when they changed packaging and local Boots reduced to £3 - it gave a nice sheen under foundation (I use a Beauty Pie one now when I wear makeup which has similar effect) whereas the Superdrug one (bought 3 as it apparently was often out if stock, as so cheap not a biggie) literally did nothing for me but made my skin flakes. One of worst products I've ever used in any price bracket. 🤷‍♀️

The Ren stuff had a whole column dedicated to it so I assumed that was a sign of its greatness. How naive I was...
I had a sample of this with something and honestly, wtf did it do?
And then she put a recommendation for another similar but I think more expensive product in comments which was then mentioned in the infamous Mumsnet thread which RUINED HER MOTHER'S DAY (not SH's mother's day, Sali's Mothering Sunday)
Think earlier threads have now gone but this one remains https://tattle.life/threads/19920/
SH's response here

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Well that’s a very interesting statement about the Sali Hughes Beauty website.

The brittle fragility goes way back...
Hundreds of thousands of women will read the mumsnet thread? Really? I think they read AIBU, not every single thread.

Reactions: 6
I'll never get over this

"I go to so few launches that I think my reputation among PRs is poor. Perhaps I should go to more, but for me they are not a cost effective use of my time. I don’t live in London, I’m a single mother with no paid childcare, and so to travel there in order to see a moisturiser or lipstick seems wasteful – in terms of time and money (I could have written a feature in the same time and unlike salaried journalists, I am not paid for attending launches, only for writing words). I have several branches to my job and I can’t justify going to a launch when there’s always something I should be writing at home. I also prefer not to attend functions where every journalist hears the same presentation, sees the same demonstration etc. This frustrates some brands and PRs, and I understand why. But what I tend to do instead is sit at a table in a London cafe or bar for a whole day, and have PRs drop in one after the other to discuss which products they have coming up. This way I can pack in much more information and product, have unique, tailored and more insightful conversations, and can manage my own schedule. It’s a much better way of working for me, and yields better content from my perspective."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm sure all those PRs are delighted to have to line up and give Sali the highlights of their upcoming launches and have insightful conversations ( :ROFLMAO:) - may be a great use of her time, not sure about theirs! Also I'm dubious about the single mother with no childcare line - most working mothers manage to arrange paid childcare if they need to (even if they can't afford to, in many cases!), and I don't think Sali was exactly on the breadline at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
By turn, all of London's fanciest PRs, having clamoured to get an audience with Queen Sali, genuflect before her as they tremulously approach her table. The milk on a lone cup of builder's tea gently congeals as she's been holding court here since 11am and it's now nearing six. Makeup has been publically refreshed half a dozen times (so sassy!) and the wait staff, glared into submission, avert their eyes each time they pass her table ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I'll never get over this

"I go to so few launches that I think my reputation among PRs is poor. Perhaps I should go to more, but for me they are not a cost effective use of my time. I don’t live in London, I’m a single mother with no paid childcare, and so to travel there in order to see a moisturiser or lipstick seems wasteful – in terms of time and money (I could have written a feature in the same time and unlike salaried journalists, I am not paid for attending launches, only for writing words). I have several branches to my job and I can’t justify going to a launch when there’s always something I should be writing at home. I also prefer not to attend functions where every journalist hears the same presentation, sees the same demonstration etc. This frustrates some brands and PRs, and I understand why. But what I tend to do instead is sit at a table in a London cafe or bar for a whole day, and have PRs drop in one after the other to discuss which products they have coming up. This way I can pack in much more information and product, have unique, tailored and more insightful conversations, and can manage my own schedule. It’s a much better way of working for me, and yields better content from my perspective."
The absolute arrogance of this is mind blowing however many times you read it 😂
They must all bloody dislike her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'll never get over this

Carry yourself with the confidence of a mediocre white man and/or Sali Hughes

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I love how it's not even a case of she meets the PR reps in a location that's convenient to them. They're the ones who work in an office while she is seemingly the one that can sit in a coffee shop all day so surely she could find it in herself to meet them rather than imperiously sitting in a coffee shop and having them drop in one after the other

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Was it a recommendation in this odd video that influenced you? I bought a different, but also disappointing, YSL product on the basis of the hyping here.

I think this video was the first time I began to doubt SH. Not so much the hyping as her appearance. Her forehead seemed so smooth and unmoving and there was something odd about her mouth. It looked to me like the result of cosmetic procedures but, given her commitment to honesty, I didn't believe that she'd have had a cosmetic procedure without being open about it. I sort of convinced myself that it was just the odd filming that was making her look different.

I think she started to have Botox/whatever else at some point after Pretty Honest came out. Maybe around the time she got her hair cut shorter as change would be less noticeable and poss attributed to that change 🤷‍♀️
That video is dated Feb 2015 (date filmed obvs unknown). If it's true that she'd had injectibles by then, it's really not long after this piece in August 2014 issue of Red where she's quoted saying she's "too young" for injectibles. Again, we obvs don't know when she gave the quote but one wouldn't think she meant "too young" by a matter of months or even a year.
Screenshot_20211014-212012_Chrome.jpg

ETA - Apologies November 2014 issue not Aug

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.