Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were. How utterly ridiculous.
Classic Sali shilling something as a beautiful weighty long term refillable investment 🤷‍♀️ then ‘oh oops isn’t it awful when things inevitably get changed’

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh God I have several versions of Meteorites including the metal compact! They were a real cult item at one time. I was obsessed with them and the packaging but they're messy, highly scented, too shiny and overpriced. I should purge really.
Same here! It does nothing for me whatsoever, was insanely expensive and can’t be refilled with a different guerlain compact.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
She recently talked about a 'sustainable' make up brand that offered refills, all very well until the company stop producing refills; which they inevitably will.

Same as the 'heirloom' refillable lipsticks she mentioned once before.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember some members on the forum having a meltdown when Guerlain changed the compact size on the Meteorites so they could no longer buy refills. There were Guerlain boycotts.
I remember #boycottguerlain
I had a limited edition Meteorites compact, too and sold it.

I remember #boycottguerlain
I had a limited edition Meteorites compact, too and sold it.
I think I’d better keep mine as a reminder never to fall for any shilling tactics ever again.
Im still furious with myself because of the bloody thing. 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My regretable Sali purchase was the horrible Vichy blue serum which was like undoing the lid of a perfume bottle and smearing your face with the contents.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t be surprised if Jesy had some intergenerational heritage. I’m sure Sali’s 23 and me results are the most Welshest of Welsh

• Haha
I got suckered in to so much stuff, thinking the recommendations were genuine. I still find it hard to believe how susceptible I was. My credit card bill still reminds me every month though and this goes back to the old GTL days.
Thankfully I am a lot more savvy now. Don't spend what I don't have and am much more mindful with anything I do buy.

Clarisonic and meteorites compact were definitely in there though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I remember once being influenced ( very unlike me ) to buy some kind of primer - it was a luxury brand,YSL or Dior. It had gold flecks in it I think. It’s not the current YSL primer - this was years ago. The column hailed it as some universally flattering miracle. I couldn’t believe how crap it was. I looked like the crypt keeper when I put it on.I have good skin and it aged me about 10 years.
So that was that for me.
I just buy what appeals to me on brand’s own websites plus the old favourites I’ve used for years. You know yourself better than any influencer does. I find influencers have the opposite effect on me , the more they praise the more I make a point to avoid it. Surely they must be creating an ‘anti influencer’ effect half the time now. People are wising up.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I find primers can make foundation look cakey and no I don’t think we need them. But gotta keep shilling that product !

Reactions: 7
Hi,

Check out our the new site InfluView where you can write reviews about influencers.

It aims to solve the problems with other sites deleting reviews and it will allow those that love an influencer to have their say without disrupting tattle.

It's a totally different site and your tattle login won't work there.

If you have a chance please do drop a review (positive or negative - all are welcome), and you can edit your review at any time.

If you have any issues or thoughts do reply to this thread - https://tattle.life/threads/influview-influencer-reviews.23701/

Reactions: 8
That name sounds familiar . I actually thought it was a manufacturing fault , it was so terrible on me.
I wonder if others had the same experience.

Reactions: 1
That name sounds familiar . I actually thought it was a manufacturing fault , it was so terrible on me.
I wonder if others had the same experience.
Was it a recommendation in this odd video that influenced you? I bought a different, but also disappointing, YSL product on the basis of the hyping here.

I think this video was the first time I began to doubt SH. Not so much the hyping as her appearance. Her forehead seemed so smooth and unmoving and there was something odd about her mouth. It looked to me like the result of cosmetic procedures but, given her commitment to honesty, I didn't believe that she'd have had a cosmetic procedure without being open about it. I sort of convinced myself that it was just the odd filming that was making her look different.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Blimey, @Aude! She looks botoxed and filled to excess there. I had no clue at the time, but it’s painfully obvious now. So 2015 (or before).

I’ve actually bought quite a few things because I read about them on Sali’s Grauniad column. One was the Wonderfull eyebrow stuff from Rimmel which is great. Other stuff has been from the Superdrug own brand, particularly the B range. Plus it’s always on special offer.

but none of those things has cost me more than a tenner, I would never spend my hard earned on anything significantly more than that because of Shill Here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.