Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜‚ No - Jesy Nelson of Little Mix.
I can't quite follow the whole story. There is a thread on here about her.
I can't quite follow either - but I thought she was mixed race (never listened to Little Mix) and as for Nicki Minaj and her sex offender husband....sometimes it's OK not to get involved, not for Sali though.

Reactions: 9
Remember though, Sali is the UKā€™s Bullying & Trolling Tsar (self-appointed) so however ambiguous or unclear the situation may be, her prompt input is essential.

Now The Hair is old news, how long before Sali tries a bit of blackfishing?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Guilty as charged! Come on then, what is your most suckered in influenced-by-Sali purchase?
I was actually suckered in to Sali by Marian Keyes. I used to quite like Marian, so I looked at her YouTube and Insta, and she assured me that Sali was a good egg, always oin the side of women, and I bought the Pretty Iconic book on her recommendation. I was disappointed. It was like browsing an out-of-date Cosmo in a dentist's waiting room.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she has intergenerational heritage to be honest, I know someone vaguely related to her.

Reactions: 1
The Ren eye lift thingy and the Vichy serum in the blue bottle which actually made my forehead flake

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The Soap & Glory Lime Crush body lotion. I rushed to buy 2 500ml bottles as it was on offer at Boots "hard to get hold of". I quickly found the smell cloying and sickly. I forced myself to use one bottle (literally drawing lines on the side of the bottle to mark progress, i was determined not to throw it out wastefully but gritting my teeth by the end) and I'll give the other to my mum whose nose is less sensitive than mine. It's nothing special in terms of performance and stays sticky for too long.

I've learned that Soap & Glory smells seem to have something I find fleetingly attractive in the shop but overwhelming on the body.

Reactions: 7
The Ren eye lift thingy and the Vichy serum in the blue bottle which actually made my forehead flake
I'd forgotten about the Vichy serum....dreadful scent, had to bin it. The Superdrug one she recommended was very good though.

Other than that: Suqqu foundation (nice but not life-changing) and Guerlain Meteorites. Both a bit meh (especially for the price!).

Reactions: 5
Yes the scent was so overpowering. I also think it made my skin flake due to the hyaluronic acid, I remember Sali and Hirons made HA out to be the be all and end all of ingredients but it never worked for me. Dr Shereene Idris and others have said it can be problematic so I now feel vindicated

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah I remember throwing all the hyaluronic acid at my skin and it actually became drier. But the Superdrug was a good (for many) and actually cheap recommendation.

Reactions: 6
Guilty as charged! Come on then, what is your most suckered in influenced-by-Sali purchase?
A couple of ā€œuniversally flatteringā€ lipsticks that made me look unwell. Quite an achievement because I have a neutral skintone. I also bought a Clarisonic but thankfully second hand.
I do quite like that Soap and Glory body lotion but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d buy it again.
Weirdly I bought in to the Breton top and red lipstick thing which looking back I do not understand as it is very Not Me. I recently got rid of the tops.

• Heart
I'd forgotten about the Vichy serum....dreadful scent, had to bin it. The Superdrug one she recommended was very good though.

Other than that: Suqqu foundation (nice but not life-changing) and Guerlain Meteorites. Both a bit meh (especially for the price!).
Oh God I have several versions of Meteorites including the metal compact! They were a real cult item at one time. I was obsessed with them and the packaging but they're messy, highly scented, too shiny and overpriced. I should purge really.

A couple of ā€œuniversally flatteringā€ lipsticks that made me look unwell. Quite an achievement because I have a neutral skintone. I also bought a Clarisonic but thankfully second hand.
I do quite like that Soap and Glory body lotion but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d buy it again.
Weirdly I bought in to the Breton top and red lipstick thing which looking back I do not understand as it is very Not Me. I recently got rid of the tops.
This universally flattering myth is pretty cynical. I have a ridiculously sensitive nose thanks to my autism.

Reactions: 12
Oh God I have several versions of Meteorites including the metal compact! They were a real cult item at one time. I was obsessed with them and the packaging but they're messy, highly scented, too shiny and overpriced. I should purge really.

This universally flattering myth is pretty cynical. I have a ridiculously sensitive nose thanks to my autism.
Oh I got some Meteorites too! They did nothing for me at all so I sold them on, I think.

Reactions: 4
I remember some members on the forum having a meltdown when Guerlain changed the compact size on the Meteorites so they could no longer buy refills. There were Guerlain boycotts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I remember some members on the forum having a meltdown when Guerlain changed the compact size on the Meteorites so they could no longer buy refills. There were Guerlain boycotts.
There were. How utterly ridiculous.

Now that I look back it strikes as actually not normal. I mean, it's really annoying when something you love gets discontinued but is it something you'd have a meltdown over? And bear in mind that many of these women would have had a huge collection of other similar powders. They weren't the type to just use Meteorites and that's it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.