Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I struggle with anyone who is left wing also loving the queen. Lots profess to be republican but go all soft on the queen because she’s so great for some reason. Apart from the fact that she's still going at however old - having received the best of everything including medical care and experienced minimum stress her whole life - I fail to see what people actually like. Do they think they know anything about her other than what they've projected or rumour? Truly baffling. The only one who gets a free pass stanning HMQ is Alan Bennett (please protect him at all costs 🙏) and even he had the good sense to decline a knighthood

Apologies for going completey off topic there

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Agree, “oh but she’s cute and old” is incredibly patronising for someone who has had immense power and who had atrocities committed in her name. She’s not even cute 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I struggle with anyone who is left wing also loving the queen. Lots profess to be republican but go all soft on the queen because she’s so great for some reason. Apart from the fact that she's still going at however old - having received the best of everything including medical care and experienced minimum stress her whole life - I fail to see what people actually like. Do they think they know anything about her other than what they've projected or rumour? Truly baffling. The only one who gets a free pass stanning HMQ is Alan Bennett (please protect him at all costs 🙏) and even he had the good sense to decline a knighthood

Sorry to go on but I've just remembered about all the bowing and curtsying that they observe even behind closed doors. If she was such a good sort as these liberal queens stans make out wouldn't she have dispensed with all of that nonsense. Keep the ritual for the state opening of Parliament if you must but otherwise stop being bleeping daft

Reactions: 28

Sali only likes the Queen for style purposes (I'm not saying the Queen is stylish but Sali does). It's like those wretched Ginsberg candles and the Nazi sympathiser Coco Chanel being lauded for the same reasons.
How somebody looks really does seem to be the most important thing.

Reactions: 20
I said I'd shut up but just remembered the ridiculous jubilee column she did. It stuck in my head cos she said she used a tangle tweezer daily and then said in a later column she favoured a wet brush because she couldn’t keep hold of a tt
In the accompanying vid she mentions Butter nail varnish not being full of "horrible chemicals". Sam Farmer will be after you if he ever finds out, Sali!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I said I'd shut up but just remembered the ridiculous jubilee column she did. It stuck in my head cos she said she used a tangle tweezer daily and then said in a later column she favoured a wet brush because she couldn’t keep hold of a tt
In the accompanying vid she mentions Butter nail varnish not being full of "horrible chemicals". Sam Farmer will be after you if he ever finds out, Sali!
A load of tripe, but it made me quite nostalgic for the innocent days of Saturday vids and naivety (on my part).

Reactions: 22
A load of tripe, but it made me quite nostalgic for the innocent days of Saturday vids and naivety (on my part).
Yes same here.
She seemed to have a more pleasant demeanour then (ignoring the twitter stuff we now know), and her recommendations did seem genuine. Not all her various chum's stuff and stupidly expensive.

Reactions: 23
And here. The vids and early columns were my favourite part of the saturday Guardian.

Reactions: 15
Oh god, yes, @Jellybean, I hadn’t twigged that was around the same time she was being foul on Twitter. Puts another slant on it.

I’ve still got my Garden Mint and Bergamot handwash branded with the Union Jack (refilled with inferior products many times).

Reactions: 5
She looks so much better in that vid! I realised quite early on she was foul on twitter (probably around 2010) but at that point still trusted her recommendations (well, some of them, I have oily skin whereas she is the dryest most dehydrated person to ever walk the earth so what was great for her wouldn't necessarily be on me)- also noticed the constant cool girl public chats with Caitlin and Lauren and the not engaging with anyone who wasn't a blue ticker, but think she has got much more unpleasant over time. I twigged the shilling when once of my friends (who is also an ex SH devotee) pointed out she was suddenly doing loads of paid partnerships so didn't feel like she could trust her for honest recs anymore. I wonder if a lot of the unpleasantness and snippiness comes from the fact she knows that she's now an influencer and no

Realised my internet crashes halfway through posting this! so what I was saying was, she knows that she's now an influencer and not a journalist and is embarrassed by this, hence even more snappy with her followers. There's no need for the rudeness and nastiness. Plenty of other influencers and celebrities manage to be pleasant and polite in their responses. She should outsource interfacing with her followers to one of her minions if she can't help being unpleasant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh God the Scamp and Dude jumpers. Forgot all about those wankers.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.