Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the same thing, Richard and Alexander are such friends I would have thought Richard would have held back on applauding a woman who trashed Esther. I have to say that Richard has plumetted in my estimation, I won't be able to enjoy Pointless quite so much now. I have a major soft spot for Alexander though so I'll just focus on him and the contestants.
Did you buy his album? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The forum members (who Sali stalked online) sent the stalking evidence to Estee Laundry and they shared it on their Instagram stories.
Thanks for explaining. They're not wrong are they - the reporters I mean.

Do we have a new thread title yet?

Reactions: 1
I can imagine Sali being consumed with envy and hatred for Dawn Porter, as she probably had the kind of career and attention that Sali would have loved but isn’t capable of, plus Dawn’s much better looking and looks younger than her age and seems to be a happier person. Whereas Sali looks like someone who’s constantly battling depression and neurotic hysteria.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I still can't get my head round the systematic abuse of Dawn O'P around that time both both on twitter and The Guardian. Wtf was it all about?
I saw in a comment on Insta SH rather elegantly sidestepping a question about Esther saying that she had commented on a piece Esther had written and Giles Coren had stepped in from a sock puppet account so Sali blocked him. No mention that she said she pitied their children having them as parents. No mention this lead to an epic pile on of Esther lasting a long time and (a poster said this under SHs insta comment on this) no mention it lead to Esther having severe problems after. SH tried to deflect the issue by saying people here bring up the Esther issue as we all assume she, SH, fancies Giles. I suppose because we are so silly and trivial that's all we can focus on.
Now Giles and Esther don't strike me as delicate flowers or snowflakes. They don't strike me as the sort who would moan if they thought criticism was justified. And Giles certainly doesn't strike me as the sort who would make a video looking sad and distraught explaining how the whole episode had affected his wife so badly.

Reactions: 11
From her forum: "The consulting work I occasionally do tends to take the form of advising brands on how their written communication could improve, their own social media presence could be more appealing and effective (less common now most brands are up and running on social), or where their products are going wrong for me. "

SH offers advice brands on how their social media presence could be more appealing?! Good God.

Reactions: 8
SH just makes it up as she goes along.

This suits me today, that will suit me tomorrow..... I said this on Monday? duck it, I can change my mind if I like - it is not lying - tit is it lying? No it is not lying as I am Sali Hughes and I must never be questioned. Now duck off all of you, I have to have a maintenance shag within the hour or my marriage will spontaneously combust.

• Haha
Sorry

This suits me today, that will suit me tomorrow..... I said this on Monday? duck it, I can change my mind if I like - it is not lying - tit is it lying? No it is not lying as I am Sali Hughes and I must never be questioned. Now duck off all of you, I have to have a maintenance shag within the hour or my marriage will spontaneously combust.

It sounds like she has some type of personality disorder.

Suggestion for thread title - the thinking woman's maintenance shag?

Sorry, I know it's not very good. Mid afternoon slump...

Thread title: No time to punch you in the tit, I'm having a maintenance shag...

Or punched tits and maintenance shags

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jesus her poor husband no wonder he looks exhausted and put upon, the guy must have the patience of saint.

Last edited:
Not that she went into the comments once to thank them.
Not there and not in her forum either. Screw loyalty, right?

Incidentally, has she managed to address those pesky CT questions yet, or... :LOL:?

I hope SH realises this was all so avoidable. All we ever did was sit in our bit of the net occasionally asking her mildly awkward work related questions. That. Was. It. She just wouldn't let it bleeping lie
Exactly.

I’ve lurked here for a couple of days, having watched her staged video proclaiming all sorts of privacy infringements. She’s lied and lied and lied it seems to cover her own unsavoury behaviour. I buy the Graun on a Saturday, and have ignored her column since she took it over. No practical advice and so much product placement, and most of all ARROGANCE. The Queen book is a massive embarrassment and so establishment my skid marked pants exploded. Glad you guys continue to expose these frauds and hypocrites.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Afternoon all, another newbie here. Id never heard of SH before Saturday but was directed to her video by Alice JT's little outburst. Two days of lost work later im fully up to date on both threads and thoroughly outraged at what a disgrace these people are. I do hope it all comes crashing down.

Reactions: 11
My thread suggestion:

Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
From her forum: "The consulting work I occasionally do tends to take the form of advising brands on how their written communication could improve, their own social media presence could be more appealing and effective (less common now most brands are up and running on social), or where their products are going wrong for me. "

SH offers advice brands on how their social media presence could be more appealing?! Good God.
The most ridiculous part of that "where the products are going wrong FOR ME"... not to give advice about a wider audience or something, no, just for her. She is so self absorbed.

Reactions: 7
In life birds of a feather do flock together. Media personalities of all descriptions will find commonalities and social media has accelerated this. So I am not particularly outraged that a lot of 'blue ticks' have publicly supported SH; many of them are, I suppose, colleagues, and having these relationships [via social media especially] can seem important when you are freelance (which can be quite lonely).

The problem is when the critical faculties of journalists and media commentators become blunted because of these associations. This has been exacerbated by the decline of print media and the associated reduction in rates per word. They're all competing for the same few scraps. What results is a circling of the wagons and although this is not a brand new phenomenon ( you only have to look at the demographic many journalists have traditionally been drawn from), social media has shone a bright light on protectionism, nepotism, and favouritism. Because those birds of a feather have been flocking together for so long, and sheltering each other from the hard opinions of people outside of the flock, they've lost touch with how badly their behaviour comes across to everyone else.

Opportunities arise not from talent necessarily, but from who and what you know. At its worst, you end up with starfucking, where certain people can do no wrong- even when they do- and on an everyday level the need to circle the wagons is as much about protecting one's own investment (in relationships, associations, and in the rightness of one's public judgement) as it does about loyalty to friends and associates. When one's opinions and loyalties are so public, and one works in what is essentially a narcissistic field, it becomes even harder to see something [bullying] for what it actually is because, in many ways, you have become complicit and having to admit you got it wrong becomes a public thing with a potential audience of millions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.