Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is hilarious as Sali and India openly sneered over live, love, laugh stuff once
It's easy to sneer but not a bad way to think...
If only snippy, salty Sali could live by such an ethos (I'm rembering those p**do Alan Ginsberg candles now)

Reactions: 6
Never, in the field of hairdressing, has a hairstyle been maintained by so many and admired by so few.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
A man wielding a can of Elnette is trying like duck to pull my fringe into something like a hairstyle to show off my new blonde hair extensions.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A man wielding a can of Elnette is trying like duck to pull my fringe into something like a hairstyle to show off my new blonde hair extensions.
It's fully blonde, isn't it. Can you tell there are extensions?

Never, in the field of hairdressing, has a hairstyle been maintained by so many and admired by so few.
⚰

That hair needs at least four inches off ✂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He's hoping if he pulls long enough, Luke's revenge fringe will just grow the f*ck out!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
And her fringe thing makes her hair worse. She does not seem to be able to negotiate a fringe and glasses.

Reactions: 4
BLONDE

btw how often does she go to Hersheson's?
As often as she can blag a freebie!
FWIW I’ve had my hair cut at Hershesons - not influenced by She Here though. I’ve lived in several UK cities and had my hair cut in London a few times and honestly, the cuts at Hershesons were the best I’ve had. At £150 a pop you’d expect that but I’d say it was definitely worth it. I’m not sure what’s gone wrong with her cut…

Reactions: 3
He looks so bored by her.

On the subject of Sali, cultural commentator, here's an example of her insight:
Screenshot_20210914-203355-01.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had no idea where those jumpers originated and that Sali had chosen the wording! I thought it was another one of those obscenely expensive Bella Freud numbers 🤣
Me too! This new information makes it somehow even more cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 5
😂 You really can see the despair in his eyes.
Probably desparately hoping she won't publicly credit him.
And that hair is BLONDE.
The look of defeat

What percentage of Sali's day do you think she spends on her appearance? I reckon at least a quarter of her waking hours, maybe more

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I actually thought Tomiwa’s piece was good. I also thought Kate Clanchy was in the wrong and handled criticism badly. It’s so annoying how everything always has to descend into the sheer tribalism of “I am so good and so pure” and “they are so terrible and bigoted”. Ultimately people of colour aren’t a monolith and the expectation that every non-white person will hold the same beliefs is pretty bleeping racist. I love the work of Lorde and Crenshaw; I understand the conditions and implications of white feminism. However it’s ultimately becoming a stick for white, privileged women to beat down the opinions of other women they don’t agree with, and frankly I think weaponising a concept to shout down other women when you have personally benefited from the system you’re decrying is tacky. If people like Joanne Harris are so committed to eliminating white feminism why aren’t they, say, giving up their places as chair of the society of authors or whatnot to Black women? There’s very little practising what you preach going on.

In brief, though, Sali isn’t capable of such nuance and acknowledging it presents problems for her frankly unjustifiable tenure at the Guardian. If you’re so committed to amplifying Black voices maybe you could give up one of every four columns to an up and coming writer? No? Hm. And so the empty virtue signalling continues.
Good thread title right there! Sali Hughes: And so the empty virtue signalling continues

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.