Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sod the mirror. What the duck is going on with that pose?!!!! Is she an IT girl or supermodel wannabe????!?!?

What about Mad Madame? That a lovely musky one that’s not in your face like POAL (which I HATE!).
The pose is ludicrous. Will check to see whether I have Mad Madame and report back 😃

Reactions: 2
Has anyone read Wintering by Katherine May? It’s a kind of memoir on how to ride the different seasons of our lives and how to embrace our ‘winters’. It’s a lovely read, I recommend it xx
I just bookmarked this after seeeing a book IG I enjoy recommend it. Shall definitely order now!

I rent, and my flat has mirrored wardrobe doors in both my room and study. It is the worst. I always accidentally make eye contact with myself 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
To those who have been feeling down in themselves, I just wanted to say I felt the same for the last few days. Felt so horrible and drawn and just bleurgh. Took myself off to bed early last night and had the most epic of sleeps and woke up feeling refreshed. So I now recognise that feeling horrible and drawn was just probably severe tiredness.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
TV comedy recommendation sharing to see us through jan?
I rewatch Derry Girls for the lightness and The Thick of It for the cathartic anger of Malcolm Tucker but curious for beefy recs, wouldn't say no to laughter lines these days

My Mystic Meg prediction for her book is either chapters on life stages/milestones with associated music, recipes, fashion, films & make-up OR tips for reluctant mothers/exercisers/vegetarians/couples with lots of recycled content from The Pool eg maintenance shags & rocking up at school-gates with vodka in a hip flask and a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch as a snack item. So insouciant and swaggy. So trite and over done.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To those who have been feeling down in themselves, I just wanted to say I felt the same for the last few days. Felt so horrible and drawn and just bleurgh. Took myself off to bed early last night and had the most epic of sleeps and woke up feeling refreshed. So I now recognise that feeling horrible and drawn was just probably severe tiredness.
Sleep would be nice. Deep and long.

I'm going to give Bridgerton another go as people I trust keep telling me to try. Also if no one has seen Marvellous Mrs Maisel already what are you waiting forrrrr. So. Damn. Funny. Although the lead actor is farrrr too pretty.

• Heart
TV comedy recommendation sharing to see us through jan?
I rewatch Derry Girls for the lightness and The Thick of It for the cathartic anger of Malcolm Tucker but curious for beefy recs, wouldn't say no to laughter lines these days
I rewatched all of New Girl last year and am sad it's over. It's much funnier than I remember and like a lovely comfort blanket you can just throw on any time.

The second series of What We Do In The Shadows was probably the funniest thing I watched last year - if you've not seen any of it then start with the film if you can (it's included on Prime atm) then both series are on iplayer. I think the second might be even better than the first.

I've been meaning to do a re-watch of The Thick of It but worried I will find it too triggering with the current government shitshow! Possibly worth it for the Tucker scenes but I'm sure the plot lines now look kind of tame, in hindsight?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't let the fact Sali is a fan of This Country put you off watching. It really is very funny.

Reactions: 7
I just hung a mirror above the table in the hallway, but high enough to crop out my jawline 😂Full-length mirror on the outside of the closet door I avoid eye contact with up close but it's OK for checking outfits from a socially approved distance

Accidentally catching myself in the front-facing camera is enough to ruin a day :m 😫 🥴

Women shouldn't feel like this, getting older, but here we are
I'm always terrified when in well-lit bathrooms (e.g. in a hotel) cause ours is rather dark and the mirror very forgiving.

• Heart
Sod the mirror. What the duck is going on with that pose?!!!! Is she an IT girl or supermodel wannabe????!?!?

What about Mad Madame? That a lovely musky one that’s not in your face like POAL (which I HATE!).

YES. I relate so much to this!

———

Which Biotin supplements are people taking for their hair, please?
I have Solgar Biotin 5000ug cos Trinny said they were good. But I’m not very good at taking them so I can’t say if they are effective

Reactions: 1
Biotin is biotin is biotin. Your body can only absorb so much, so massive doses are pointless. Also, stop taking it before blood tests. It really messes them up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.