Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if that staff member just swiped their own discount card while signed into the till. Every retail discount I’ve ever had was a unique code for my employee number and couldn’t be used if I was using the till. If I did swipe my card on a transaction I performed I’d be approached by management and fired within hours. That sort of thing is taken seriously across retail because big companies see it as stealing, which it is. If the transaction is legitimate you shouldn’t be serving yourself 🤦🏻‍♀️

I guarantee you that if a staff discount was given to someone not staff that there will be trouble brewing for the little people. They may not be fired for this offence given Sali has put them on the spot publicly. But you can always just cut a persons hours until they have to find another job to survive.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
As if that staff member just swiped their own discount card while signed into the till. Every retail discount I’ve ever had was a unique code for my employee number and couldn’t be used if I was using the till. If I did swipe my card on a transaction I performed I’d be approached by management and fired within hours. That sort of thing is taken seriously across retail because big companies see it as stealing, which it is. If the transaction is legitimate you shouldn’t be serving yourself 🤦🏻‍♀️

I guarantee you that if a staff discount was given to someone not staff that there will be trouble brewing for the little people. They may not be fired for this offence given Sali has put them on the spot publicly. But you can always just cut a persons hours until they have to find another job to survive.
Yeah, it's all bullshit. The shop were put in an awkward position and couldn't say no. When I was a checkout girl, those halcyon days, I couldn't give my own mother a discount on a 30 euro sale. And I didn't work in a cut-price supermarket. Lidl/Aldi and the like are notorious for being fastidious on costs. duck you, Sali, for feeling the need to humblebrag your way into this.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Well she sure as hell aint dressing for Leonard any more.

#joggers #myhushstyle #cashmerebeanie #jesusgivemesomestillies

• Haha
Goodness, yes! You need to try on your jeans every couple of days to check they still fit. The minute they start feeling tight, ditch the cake and get on that bleeping treadmill!
I fear it is too late for me. Somedays I can even justify cake for breakfast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Cake was MADE for breakfast.
I just put my jeans on :sick:
The good news is the lack of exercise has withered my legs so I think they are actually thinner. The recent excessive wine consumption/breakfast cake consumption has added an extra layer of bloat round my middle.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have been AWOL and can’t catch-up. Just lost in hilarity at the latest Hush #AD don’t know where to begin with the awkwardness, am embarrassed for her. Does she really think it looks cool, effortless and tempting. Cringe. If Kevin & Perry did Hush Ads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I still can't get over the cringe of the ad. I just can't imagine the Sali we all admired at first would have had anything to do with something like that. What happened to her?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I only just watched it and I won't be doing any work today because my entire body has cringed itself inside out.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I really thought Sali's 'gaining inspiration from the sea' Fitflop advert could not be beaten for cringe. I was wrong. The Hush one really is dreadful.
Her walking down the street oh so nonchalantly 🤭 is a high point.
Oh Sali. What happened?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And the combo of the song too. It might well be a good song in it's own right but I'll never know now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The ad is shocking - she looks nearly as uncomfortable as Lauren Laverne did in her Boden ads.
Am still trying to work out how the director (no less) of Lidl knew it was a member of staff from one of their stores to contact Beauty Banks when SH had been so careful not to identify the store. Perhaps she was contacted by the top dogs at Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco etc all eager to know if it was one of their staff so that they could pass on their congratulations. Like Sali asking her husband to tell her all about the threads here she knew nothing about 🤪 it makes no sense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
She’s so awkward. Uncomfortable in her skin. Nothing looks cool or fun or breezy. Just self conscious & try hard. Nothing wrong with that, but combined with a snotty & superior manner it’s just...unlikeable.

Reactions: 16
The Hush clothes she's swaggering about in look like they've been washed 100 times already. I don't want to spend £45 on sad and faded joggers.

Consider me not influenced.

• Haha
I really thought Sali's 'gaining inspiration from the sea' Fitflop advert could not be beaten for cringe. I was wrong. The Hush one really is dreadful.
Her walking down the street oh so nonchalantly 🤭 is a high point.
Oh Sali. What happened?
I've watched it about 500 times, it's amazing 🤭 my favourite part is the first catwalk strut.
She is so incredibly rude to some people who comment, why be so snippy with the people who are commenting telling you how wonderful you are? They are the ones who will be off to purchase all the Hush joggers.

ETA the catwalk strut has broken me 🤭 :ROFLMAO: I've got a Right Said Fred 'I'm Too Sexy' ear worm now

Sorry one more edit, someone stop me watching it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I can't concentrate on anything at all now.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.