Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought my derm would mention fillers, but he skipped straight to facelift :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
When Sali says she puts 'effort' into friendship, which she says a lot and repeats on this podcast, what she always seems to mean is 'giving extravagant gifts' (most of which she presumably recycles from freebies/discounts come by as part of her job) and chatting to them fairly regularly on the phone. Maybe drinks or lunch once a week when that's allowed and inviting them as plus-ones to swanky 'industry' parties? Zoom drinkies? Dinner parties? Letting them babysit her dog and then giving them make-up samples by way of saying 'I like you, this is not transactional'? I don't understand this constant harping on what an amazing friend she is. I am sure she is a good enough mate, but the idea she somehow goes above and beyond what others are capable of in friendship is nauseating. She seems to have legions of mates, given all the references online, in her writing etc. But yet where does this time to go above and beyond come from? She has a presumably packed schedule with writing books, a weekly column, doing interviews. Running a charity. Raising 2 teenagers with an ex. A marriage. How much 'effort' is she really putting in to these friendships and why does she keep banging on about it? It's irritating. Does she think the rest of us just ignore our mates year-round and do nothing to nourish our friendships? Does her public estrangement with her family mean she's desperate to prove she has strong attachments outside her husband/kids? Very very annoying, and the extreme instagram face she keeps posting selfies of suggests all is not well mentally.

Reactions: 17
I am fascinated to know how things stand with India now. One of her longest standing girlfriends. I see she wasn't name checked on that podcast. How far does Sali's famous great loyalty stretch?
On another note could she humble brag much more on that podcast about being 'soo sooo tiny and slim' with no exercise? 'It's soooo annoying - people assume I exercise a lot because I'm soooo slim {{{gulp, swallow}}}'

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
[QUOTE="Kate123, post: 3325872, member: 148668] Does her public estrangement with her family mean she's desperate to prove she has strong attachments outside her husband/kids? Very very annoying, and the extreme instagram face she keeps posting selfies of suggests all is not well mentally.
[/QUOTE]

This. It’s all more special than anything anyone else has or could possibly be doing. That chosen family crappola.

Reactions: 6
There’s nothing shameful in liking exercise, being healthy and wanting to take care of yourself!

Why on earth would she push such a narrative (by implication)?
Tbh I hate exercise even though it's necessary to my wellbeing. And I will probably never change. And I'm grateful that there are others who will admit to it. However I can see how coming from her it sounds like she carries it like a badge of honour. Because everything is a personality quirk to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's all just the typical mean girl/6th form common room attitude. "I'm so skinny and I eat whatever I like/barely touch my skin, it must be my genes/I've got sooo many female friends, I'm a great friend" She's never moved on from it. Don't they say if you have some type of rupture in childhood/teens some people can kind of stay there mentally. She seems stuck at age 15 when she #ranawayfromthevalleystothebigsmoke

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just popping in to thank the Tattler who offered up the tinfoil tip for candle tunnelling. My candle had melted evenly but a lot of wax had been left on the insides of the jar. The tin foil tip worked a treat.

Huge thanks!! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's all just the typical mean girl/6th form common room attitude. "I'm so skinny and I eat whatever I like/barely touch my skin, it must be my genes/I've got sooo many female friends, I'm a great friend" She's never moved on from it. Don't they say if you have some type of rupture in childhood/teens some people can kind of stay there mentally. She seems stuck at age 15 when she #ranawayfromthevalleystothebigsmoke
I've thought this too. And that "early twitter when I didn't have many followers" was the mean girl in full flight. It's still very much there, but she self-censors now. I think this may be why tattle is such a thorn in her side

Reactions: 12
I've thought this too. And that "early twitter when I didn't have many followers" was the mean girl in full flight. It's still very much there, but she self-censors now. I think this may be why tattle is such a thorn in her side
Yes, totally. She absolutely hates that her behaviour is called out here. Look at how she is slowly changing her stories bit by bit (eg Lauren Luke, Dawn O'Porter) to paint herself in a more positive light.

I mean if you have to publically state that your husband is amazing in bed then there is some massive over-compensation going on. It's like those mad couple on Facebook always declaring their love for each other and then 12 months later it's an acrimonious divorce.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
She got to know her husband through twitter and their "witty" banter, didn't she? Doing it irl 24/7 would get old pretty quickly, I reckon

Reactions: 5
Yes, totally. She absolutely hates that her behaviour is called out here. Look at how she is slowly changing her stories bit by bit (eg Lauren Luke, Dawn O'Porter) to paint herself in a more positive light.

I mean if you have to publically state that your husband is amazing in bed then there is some massive over-compensation going on. It's like those mad couple on Facebook always declaring their love for each other and then 12 months later it's an acrimonious divorce.
Or couple profiles. I always wonder which one of them cheated when I see stuff like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry to go off topic, but thought some of you would be interested in Jessica Defino's latest article. It's a goodie -

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.