Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, purely a nosey and salacious comment regarding Emma Guns but I find her quite an interesting character. She must be around my age, early 40s, and from snippets I have gleaned she made a choice a few year ago to be celibate and not have kids.

I suppose I find it interesting because it's rare for someone of our generation to take this strong stance. Some people don't marry/cohabit/have children but not through choice. Others choose to do one but not the other. But, you don't hear many women saying that they choose both with seemingly no regrets. I like people who dance to the beat of their own drum.

Am I right about her or did I get the wrong end of the stick somewhere?

Hello everyone by the way and great thread
name.
I didn't know about the celibate stuff but I do find her quite sanctimonious. She is attractive though in my opinion. There are a lot of selfies on her Instagram though!

Reactions: 1
I don’t think Emma has said she’s celibate but maybe she has and I’ve missed it (which is a possibility 😂) . She’s also around my age @Skiddidlydaddle and I’ve always had an amount of admiration for how she’s approached her content and output - podcasts etc. I think because she’s got a journalistic background she’s very planned and organised with her content, she has themes etc and regular posts - she reminds me of Erica Davies in that respect. She’s recently gone a bit more ‘influencerery’ I know that’s not a word but you know what I mean. I think in general she’s a good egg and is super approachable and conscious of her audience.

Reactions: 9
A few years back I listened to some of her podcasts and saw her on YouTube videos, so I was bit surprised when I saw her IG. Was not expecting her version of the overly attached girlfriend meme.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Admittedly I have never listened to her podcast so I wouldn’t know about the sanctimonious bit, but she’s very frank about her personal issues (facial hair, hair loss, issues with weight). This, in particular, is rather funny.

Was not expecting her version of the overly attached girlfriend meme.
What do you mean?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
A few years back I listened to some of her podcasts and saw her on YouTube videos, so I was bit surprised when I saw her IG. Was not expecting her version of the overly attached girlfriend meme.
Please explain, I don’t get subtext well 😀.

Reactions: 3
Wait, did she specifically say celibate? That’s unusual. Not just single?
Oh right, she might have said single and I inferred celibate from her comments. It was in a conversation with someone else ( no idea who) a couple of years ago on her podcast, she said about how people were surprised by her decisions and how it went against the norm. But, she sounded positive about it however if you google Emma Guns boyfriend there is an interview where she basically says she had a breakdown at 37 because she felt a failure as she had not achieved this milestones.

I have to be honest, i haven't listened to her podcast in years as I find her very sycophantic towards her guests. But, now I need to go and look at these terrifying pictures on Instagram 😒

Thanks. Intriguing! I generally find her ok except that she’s best buds with the egregious Lindsey Kelk.

• Haha
Okay, I had a peep at her recent pics and I noticed the Deirdre Barlow tense neck. I feel the overdone selfies are related to what we say Sali is going through.

People get more exposure (or want more) and then start ramping it up on instagram with the odd sponsored post here and there, scattered in with these very Instagram Influencer "done" selfies, a couple of years ago she was much more normal and natural looking. I have to say I think she is a stunning woman though! Her skin is incredible.

Reactions: 1
I think she looks bizarre. Like she's used a weird snapchat filter. Particularly in the strange laughing photos

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think whatever work she's had done is too much, it's crossed into the realm of the peculiar. (Obviously just my opinion, please don't read me the riot act)

Would that partly explain the neck thing? (Deirdre Barlow is spot on.)

I look like a collapsed soufflé these days, let me be VERY clear.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.