Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The description is equally hilarious, it's almost too perfect as a parody.
  • WHY IT'S CULT
    A true luxury for any Bella Freud fan, these Limited Edition 1970 Rainbow Matches are easily the most luxe, home decor accessory you’ll have ever set your eyes upon. Perfectly co-ordinated with the {Limited Edition 1970 Rainbow Candle} or any of Freud’s chic home fragrances, this vivid red box decorated with a graphic white stripe and multi-coloured rainbow lettering holds 125 rainbow colour-dipped matches (there’s a mix of mustard, magenta, scarlet red, indigo and mint green).
  • HOW TO USE
    Simply strike the match to create a flame to light your favourite candle.
£15 and not even all 7 colours of the rainbow 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hi me again with another question...

I'm curious to know what any of you think / know about the term and meaning of 'dragging sites'?

A quick search will bring you to this open dictionary definition : https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/dragging-site
(which was posted the day before the R4 broadcast) ...and various reports about SH's experience of them (i.e. this site). However other than that the term doesn't appear to have much of a history, especially if you restrict the search to pre September 2019.

Just wondering has it been around for a while?...who came up with it?...etc :)
Most users of *these* sites would call them gossip sites, maybe trash site. I'm guessing she'd never heard the term trash site/thread, and gossip site sounded too cosy. So...

Reactions: 3
Hi me again with another question...

I'm curious to know what any of you think / know about the term and meaning of 'dragging sites'?

A quick search will bring you to this open dictionary definition : https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/dragging-site
(which was posted the day before the R4 broadcast) ...and various reports about SH's experience of them (i.e. this site). However other than that the term doesn't appear to have much of a history, especially if you restrict the search to pre September 2019.

Just wondering has it been around for a while?...who came up with it?...etc :)
My opinion's right in line with @Enid Swamp and @NOID-phal. I would consider myself pretty up to date with internet slang etc, and haven't heard the term 'dragging sites' used even on YouTube 'drama channels'. As @Yel said, we have discussed this, although to what extent I can't remember. If it's in the last couple of threads then there's not too much to look through.

Worth mentioning that this site is technically neutral - you don't have to post negatively to join in, I'm told there are 'rave' threads, although I'm guessing they're not as popular, and some threads in other forums are purely for discussion e.g. films/movies, Coronavirus, Celebrity gossip etc.

Reactions: 6
Sorry for being a newbie and asking a question which may have been addressed in previous threads. I know naff all about make up precisely because I throw Botox at the problem. Has the issue of “weak dilute” been discussed and/or debunked? It’s at best meaningless, and at worst dangerous.

Reactions: 6
Sorry for being a newbie and asking a question which may have been addressed in previous threads. I know naff all about make up precisely because I throw Botox at the problem. Has the issue of “weak dilute” been discussed and/or debunked? It’s at best meaningless, and at worst dangerous.
We've all said it's a load of shite and disingenuous- botox is botox is botox. I do vaguely remember Sali saying it was an actual clinical term though

Reactions: 5
Well if you over dilute it you diffuse it and have a higher chance of problems! All Botox is diluted anyway otherwise you would get too much injected in an area. It needs some saline to get it in and not too much or it goes all over!

Edited to add - it’s actually made me a bit angry as women going about asking for a “weak dilute” could easily end up with poorer results than if they just asked for Botox. It’s irresponsible

Reactions: 11
I do mean to pick up where I left off in going through the Radio 5 interview, but one thing I want to get out of the way is this statement towards the end of the interview:

SH (at 18:55): ‘My colleague Lauren who has nothing to do with the public eye is bullied on there. Every. Single. Day.’

Those of us who read here regularly know of course that that is untrue (assuming of course that ‘there’ refers to here) but I wanted to be able to provide evidence that it is untrue.

For the benefit of anyone new-ish, I should explain why this colleague might be mentioned here at all.

It’s because SH says that she doesn’t read here herself but has others screengrab content and report back. Her colleague is assumed to be one of the main people screengrabbing and reporting back. As SH says, her colleague is not someone in the public eye, but she appears to have been – and still to be – very much part of SH’s engagement with these threads.

To test – as an independent researcher might – whether SH’s statement in the Radio 5 interview about her colleague was true, I took a sampling approach and read all the posts here on 10 randomly selected days.

Because the day on which I did the research (yesterday) was the 16th, I read the posts on the 16th of each month for 10 months, starting a year ago – so 16th November 2019, 16th December 2019 etc through to 16th August 2020. There were 491 posts in total (covering a surprisingly wide range of subjects).

Of these 491 posts there was only one that mentioned her colleague and only in passing.

The post – in May this year – was provoked by a tweet by SH in which she says: ‘They will say any tit to make themselves feel better. Also, they name me and publish screengrabs daily, I’m told.’

The post in response reads:

'The “I’m told” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

Hi Sali! I know you must read here. Or maybe you get Lauren to do it in exchange for some awful shoes. Anyway, remember that 90% of people on this thread used to be your fans. Maybe look at some things you’ve done and you’ve written before kicking off at us.’

This would seem fairly typical of the context in which her colleague would be mentioned – i.e. in response to SH making a statement about what is said here whilst also saying or implying that she doesn’t actually read it.

The frequency of mentions (one post in around 500) would also seem about right – i.e. occasional.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 278990
Has this been posted here before?
I’ve seen it on a previous thread - but it never gets old! Team O’Dowd forever!

Of these 491 posts there was only one that mentioned her colleague and only in passing.

The post – in May this year – was provoked by a tweet by SH in which she says: ‘They will say any tit to make themselves feel better. Also, they name me and publish screengrabs daily, I’m told.’

The post in response reads:

'The “I’m told” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

Hi Sali! I know you must read here. Or maybe you get Lauren to do it in exchange for some awful shoes. Anyway, remember that 90% of people on this thread used to be your fans. Maybe look at some things you’ve done and you’ve written before kicking off at us.’

This would seem fairly typical of the context in which her colleague would be mentioned – i.e. in response to SH making a statement about what is said here whilst also saying or implying that she doesn’t actually read it.

The frequency of mentions (one post in around 500) would also seem about right – i.e. occasional.
That was me! I feel famous!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I must say, even though I’m not a super regular poster to the Sali threads, I’m finding it really bleeping weird being treated as some kind of lab rat for some fella who is apparently making a “documentary”. Like, have the courtesy to read every single thread with a fine tooth comb, maybe some of the other threads, and get a feel for everything before asking women to do all the work for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
As you can tell, I’m still reading the old threads. Lauren is mentioned at times. But. Not. every. Single. Day.

Edited to add- is this her redhead colleague Lauren she refers to in her Guardian writing that’s literally published nationally and online?

Reactions: 10
I must say, even though I’m not a super regular poster to the Sali threads, I’m finding it really bleeping weird being treated as some kind of lab rat for some fella who is apparently making a “documentary”. Like, have the courtesy to read every single thread with a fine tooth comb, maybe some of the other threads, and get a feel for everything before asking women to do all the work for you.
Thank you! I was thinking the same but feel like I’m too new around Tattle to make that kind of point, and I doubt I’d have been able to put it as eloquently as you did.

Reactions: 10
I imagine calling the assistant the lackey has done much of the work for SH and that statement.

Aside from that the level, of hyperbole in just that statement is interesting, I wonder if it’s been present in all her writing - it was her writing style that led me to go right off her, once I clocked the superiority I couldn’t unclock it and now it looks as though wild exaggeration may also have been a device.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes! Especially when the issue being looked at is that nobody who worked on the r4 doc seems to have read these threads. Do the work then ask the questions if necessary.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
#FF was Follow Friday on olden days Twitter wasn’t it? When people recommended 5 people to follow, so I think Horgan is recommending SH.

Reactions: 5
I feel it’s a bit suspect. Not sure why. I imagine most of us have read the entire set of threads at some point. If you’re researching do the work. As @TriviaNewtonJohn says

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.