Sali Hughes #22 pretty narcissistic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why she says she's "just ordered a spare" of the concealer. She's the first to say she has oodles and oodles of products to use up. WHY would you buy a spare of anything when you've said yourself there are loads of great concealers (and she can get them all for free)? It seems so wasteful.

Reactions: 9
I don't understand why she says she's "just ordered a spare" of the concealer. She's the first to say she has oodles and oodles of products to use up. WHY would you buy a spare of anything when you've said yourself there are loads of great concealers (and she can get them all for free)? It seems so wasteful.
I thought exactly the same. Imagine receiving 2 or 3 concealers a week for free, probably high end ones, then buying more to have a stock. That makes me shudder. (Or does she give the excess to Beauty Banks, then fair enough. But, surely not all the people who receive the products are pale caucasian women?)

Reactions: 3
Didn't she mention always having a break after writing the special because it's such hard work? 😂😂😂
Knowing that I can't believe what she says, I'm not sure that I even believe this spin she puts on it. Could it not be that the Guardian pays her more for the increased word count one week and then, to stay within budget, doesn't commission her to produce a column for the next week?

Reactions: 13
Knowing that I can't believe what she says, I'm not sure that I even believe this spin she puts on it. Could it not be that the Guardian pays her more for the increased word count one week and then, to stay within budget, doesn't commission her to produce a column for the next week?
Aude coming through with some very plausible theories again. This makes so much sense.

That makes so much sense. No idea why she doesn't just say that there's usually a break after a special and leave it at that but our Sali is the master of the twist

Sorry, off topic, but what the duck is this?
12p a match! And to add insult to injury they're poor quality. Get some Swan Vestas, tippex and felt tips, flog em on ebay!

Screenshot_20201017-164825.jpg

Also, remember SH's silk mask recommendaton? They're useless as well! Only fit to be used outdoors. Not very cheering after all.

EkiXQXQXYAA6BSa.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The description is equally hilarious, it's almost too perfect as a parody.
  • WHY IT'S CULT
    A true luxury for any Bella Freud fan, these Limited Edition 1970 Rainbow Matches are easily the most luxe, home decor accessory you’ll have ever set your eyes upon. Perfectly co-ordinated with the {Limited Edition 1970 Rainbow Candle} or any of Freud’s chic home fragrances, this vivid red box decorated with a graphic white stripe and multi-coloured rainbow lettering holds 125 rainbow colour-dipped matches (there’s a mix of mustard, magenta, scarlet red, indigo and mint green).
  • HOW TO USE
    Simply strike the match to create a flame to light your favourite candle.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Hi me again with another question...

I'm curious to know what any of you think / know about the term and meaning of 'dragging sites'?

A quick search will bring you to this open dictionary definition : https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/dragging-site
(which was posted the day before the R4 broadcast) ...and various reports about SH's experience of them (i.e. this site). However other than that the term doesn't appear to have much of a history, especially if you restrict the search to pre September 2019.

Just wondering has it been around for a while?...who came up with it?...etc :)

I have never heard the term before in terms of a site. I’ve heard it as a metaphor for slagging someone off.

Recently in my professional life, I’ve encountered a situation in which it was pointed out that use of being lynched, as in “if I did/didn’t do that I’d be lynched” was highly charged and highly inappropriate (perhaps with the heightened awareness of black lives matter), I would add I didn’t use it but I was asked if I thought it was inappropriate, and I have wondered if dragging falls into the same category.

Just wondering has it been around for a while?...who came up with it?...etc :)
Welcome to the forum, all the questions you've asked we've gone through in the last two threads. You'll find all answers in them 😊

Reactions: 10
What - and I ask this rhetorically - the duck is she on about now? Is she really using a review of a skin tone-inclusive brand to again indulge in the fetishisation of her own pallor? 🤨 She’s often moaned about her column’s tiny word limit. Surely she can ‘call in’ a selection of shades from Uoma, so what’s she quacking on about here?

E337E290-E4D9-4162-8B47-E1B400D04367.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.