Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hurrah! I might have partially inspired it too.

She will go nuts, I’m sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hurrah! I might have partially inspired it too.

She will go nuts, I’m sure.
Oh yes definitely! And I may have subconsciously remembered your comment, taken it and made it my own just like an influencer would 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just watched her latest IGTV, god she is so trite. Her cringeworthy first names for everyone is so irritating but hey, she is down with the kids with Lizzo and Stormzy is 72 years old and acting like a kid by dropping Glastonbury into the video at least three times.

Struggling much to be relevant Sali?

its so bizarre for her to have gone (and filmed) the launch for Pat McGrath's foundation but not have swatched the right ones to even get an idea of the right few samples to request

its so bizarre for her to have gone (and filmed) the launch for Pat McGrath's foundation but not have swatched the right ones to even get an idea of the right few samples to request
Hasn't she hosted Bobbi Brown sessions too where she has helped women to choose their correct foundations?

Reactions: 1
Just watched her latest IGTV, god she is so trite. Her cringeworthy first names for everyone is so irritating but hey, she is down with the kids with Lizzo and Stormzy is 72 years old and acting like a kid by dropping Glastonbury into the video at least three times.

Struggling much to be relevant Sali?
She isn't still talking about Glastonbury? That was weeks ago. Struggling for content?

Reactions: 2
Her latest Guardian column is aluminium free deodorant (thrilling I know). Yet it takes someone Btl to point out one of her recommendations contains kaolin, which is hydrated aluminum. Isn't it basic stuff to research the three items you are suggesting in a column about a specific thing?
Btw the modding of comments is bonkers - I posted an incredibly benign comment completely on topic which was deleted. I think it was something like 'thanks for the info' under the kaolin post.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Woah she’s more or less saying ‘There’s no scientific proof to back up what I’m saying, but...’
she’s the first to scoff over unsubstantiated scientific claims made by the beauty industry.
That said I use aluminium free cos anything else makes my pits itch. But it’s been around for years, why is she making out it’s a rare find? I use Dove 0% and it’s about 2 quid - who spends over a tenner on deodorant, she’s lost all sense of real-world spending.

Reactions: 2
One of her recent stories says she is obsessed with narcissist long wear liners as they don't budge.... a bit like her face

• Haha
Her make up is looking very heavy and dated, or maybe just night timey, next to all the dewy fresh faced looks from Katie Jane Hughes and others.

I have a very heavy look. I'm going to be that 70 year old still wearing the make up of her youth.

Her make up is looking very heavy and dated, or maybe just night timey, next to all the dewy fresh faced looks from Katie Jane Hughes and others.

I have a very heavy look. I'm going to be that 70 year old still wearing the make up of her youth.
I think she cakes on too much foundation, whichever generally ages you and your skin’s look.

Latest IG post: Your Good Skin cleanser is an ‘old favourite’ of Salis, despite being a new brand that’s been out less then 2 years.

• Haha
Another - I already loved...
On Instagram she is recommending Knock down the House on Netflix and manages to shoehorn in that she already loved Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but loves her even more now.... classic Sali

WWYD? I want to order some beauty pie stuff and could get extra £50 spending with her affiliate code. But it PAINS me to send money her way!

Give her her dues today though, latest post is very clear about affiliate and the option not to use it.

I think she cakes on too much foundation, whichever generally ages you and your skin’s look.
I think it's her eyes - very hard lines. I wear a tit tonne of eyeliner on a daily, office based basis, but I try and smudge it out and use eyeshadow in the inner corners.

WWYD? I want to order some beauty pie stuff and could get extra £50 spending with her affiliate code. But it PAINS me to send money her way!

Give her her dues today though, latest post is very clear about affiliate and the option not to use it.
you get first month free on beauty pie anyway if its from one of their normal social media ads

you get first month free on beauty pie anyway if its from one of their normal social media ads
actually I can send you a referral thing, will send later x

They’re definitely offering first month free at moment, with code FIRSTMONTHFREE
not sure if you can combine offers with Sali but I’d rather a month free then a £50 top up. Every new account gets a £100 top up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.