Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her father often worked abroad and her mother travelled to London for business. Her words. Poverty my arse.

Reactions: 6
Her father often worked abroad and her mother travelled to London for business. Her words. Poverty my arse.
Like the articles she’s written about being homeless... when she was actually staying with friends.

Ah yes, she even appropriated the ‘non-homeless homeless’ tag especially for any awkward ‘well I wasn’t exactly living on the streets, but...’ conversations.

Reactions: 2
The more I read here, the more I remember how disgusting a person she is. I know the take the piss out of a lot of influencers etc on this site but she’s a particular brand of crappy person - vile

Her mum was assistant director of education (her LinkedIn is available) during the time Sali has said she lived with her. I've seen articles where Sali says her mum worked for the local council or LEA. No idea about her dad, she always vaguely says he was involved in politics. I doubt very much he was a founding member of CND although he was theoretically old enough.

The CND thing is my favourite Sali claim. Her tweet has been deleted when she had a mass clear out but I remember it at the time.

Ah yes, she even appropriated the ‘non-homeless homeless’ tag especially for any awkward ‘well I wasn’t exactly living on the streets, but...’ conversations.
Street homelessness is not the only type of homeless. Her definition is completely correct but why she is still friends with Julia bakescakes if she chucked her out after Sali split up with her boyfriend. This makes me think Salj may not have been homeless.

Her mum was assistant director of education (her LinkedIn is available) during the time Sali has said she lived with her. I've seen articles where Sali says her mum worked for the local council or LEA. No idea about her dad, she always vaguely says he was involved in politics. I doubt very much he was a founding member of CND although he was theoretically old enough.

The CND thing is my favourite Sali claim. Her tweet has been deleted when she had a mass clear out but I remember it at the time.

Street homelessness is not the only type of homeless. Her definition is completely correct but why she is still friends with Julia bakescakes if she chucked her out after Sali split up with her boyfriend. This makes me think Salj may not have been homeless.
This is why I'm cynical.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
What was/is GLT, I’ve never heard of it?
GTL is a FB page set up by Sali (Get The Look). I think it started around 2011. She wound it down in about 2014 (???) to set up SaliHughes.com forum which bombed tbh. She restarted GTL a few months ago. General feeling is the forum wasn't generating the advertising she thought it would and she was funding it (which she liked to remind people of on a regular basis).
At the end of the podcasts I see she mentions the FB page, does she even mention the forum?

This is why I'm cynical.
Yes I know Street homelessness is not the only type of homelessness which is why I said Sali has appropriated it. Living with boyfriends and mates is not being homeless.

So - is "Sali Hughes 3 - a weak dilute of boiled piss" the next thread title? :unsure:
👍

Yes I know Street homelessness is not the only type of homelessness which is why I said Sali has appropriated it. Living with boyfriends and mates is not being homeless.

👍
Ah, I misunderstood, I thought you meant the definition she was using was incorrect not that she didn't fit it. I'm a bit touchy about this as my home was repossessed after a messy break up and slept in a friends lounge with my 2 children and people kept telling me I wasn't homeless. Apologies.

Reactions: 3
In Pretty Honest she says she left home at 15 with a £20 note. The trainfare to London cost £12 and she moved in with her boyfriend (eeuuww) and his female flatmate. Did she live on friend's sofas after this?

Ah, I misunderstood, I thought you meant the definition she was using was incorrect not that she didn't fit it. I'm a bit touchy about this as my home was repossessed after a messy break up and slept in a friends lounge with my 2 children and people kept telling me I wasn't homeless. Apologies.
No worries, I didn’t word it very well.
In Pretty Honest she says she left home at 15 with a £20 note. The trainfare to London cost £12 and she moved in with her boyfriend (eeuuww) and his female flatmate. Did she live on friend's sofas after this?
didn't she move in with a much older male soon after breaking up with boyfriend. She has definitely mentioned a platonic friendship with an older man who took her under his wing and is still a BFF.

Reactions: 1
So she must have broken up with the bloke in the video before he was in the video, if my maths are right
The song was released in 1992 and she went to London in 1990 (If she went at 15 clutching her Vogue covers) so I think that works out?

Sali says he's a wanker I see. In addition to being a paedophile.

The song was released in 1992 and she went to London in 1990 (If she went at 15 clutching her Vogue covers) so I think that works out?

Sali says he's a wanker I see. In addition to being a paedophile.

Ahh I see. yeah, he must have been quite a bit older

I have just found this thread (& site tbh) via a friend (who i incidentally met on GTL) and had to join! Just wanted to pop in & say you’re all doing sterling work & I’m trying to read every post. I left GTL right after Sali started using #povface while having photos up of her claw-foot bath and a few of us suggested it was in poor taste when, you know, there are actual poor people in the group. Then she had a spat with a friend of mine on twitter over some Whistles playsuits & went on a mass search of her name (not her @) & blocking anyone known to my pal! bleeping bonkers. Imagine purporting to be so busy & important & all the while searching your name on twitter.
Omg what

No worries, I didn’t word it very well.

didn't she move in with a much older male soon after breaking up with boyfriend. She has definitely mentioned a platonic friendship with an older man who took her under his wing and is still a BFF.
I think that's probably Paul Simper. She said something on GTL to the effect that she had known him since she was X years old and he had never even tried to kiss her. In Sali world this must be unusual and obvs makes him a saint.

Which reminds me of this. The original tweet's been deleted but it was definitely about her.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.