Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a 16 year old girl and I'm sure you will all agree we don't want to see this turn into an attack on her...I post this before we all get attacked for supposedly piling on the poor daughter.
I agree.
It's the grown ups that should examine their behaviour. Especially when claiming to be left leaning and calling for diversity in the media and the arts. If you're giving someone a leg up, you're keeping someone else out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@Mselvista I couldn’t agree with you more. I would really like to know what LL, CM, SH et al are doing with their connections to help black creatives get a leg up in their chosen spheres ... are they actively championing and mentoring black writers, artists, brands etc? They are most certainly in a position to.

I’m not saying that Eaves Wilder hasn’t got talent and hasn’t worked hard, however the point is that in a significant proportion of industries there are many people in roles and positions that they’ve had help getting into due to their network and connections.

So in order to turn around the imbalance and lack of opportunity we all have to actively promote, support and not play by the old rules and systems that our society is built upon.

Reactions: 7
I have no problem with Eaves Wilder at all and have no opinion on her record - as @Mselvista says it's the adults who should be held to account.
@GTL Old-Timer posted an excellent blog a few threads ago by a black beauty writer who was in despair at the way a few white beauty writers, influencers and journalists held all the cards and had a sort of closed shop (she named Sali amongst others) which didn't allow other voices to be heard - not by what they were doing, but by what they weren't doing.
It seems the music industry too still has this mentality (I don't mean in the issue of race here) of jobs for the boys.

Oh and if Sali and her chums are reading I'll stick to the party line they expect - I don't think Sali actually needs glasses. Is she even Welsh? We're all mental here! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t believe that this artist taught herself to play piano via YouTube and has never had a music lesson in her life. Feels like another thing to make her seem more ‘normal’ like any normal kid from a deprived background should stop complaining and become a professional musician off their own bat.

I haven’t heard her song so have no opinion on it but this group of women only give a leg-up to their own. I’m sick of their fake working-class routes providing cover for them to do whatever they like.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t believe that this artist taught herself to play piano via YouTube and has never had a music lesson in her life. Feels like another thing to make her seem more ‘normal’ like any normal kid from a deprived background should stop complaining and become a professional musician off their own bat.

I haven’t heard her song so have no opinion on it but this group of women only give a leg-up to their own. I’m sick of their fake working-class routes providing cover for them to do whatever they like.
Didn't she go to the Brit school? Or was that the other daughter?

Didn't she go to the Brit school? Or was that the other daughter?
I'm sure I haven't made that up but can't find anywhere that says so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Imagine any ordinary kid with no connections getting that sort of work experience!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is so depressing, I feel sick to the stomach every time these children of the wealthy/famous pop up at the top of the heap in areas that regular working-class kids could only dream of. That Caitlin "I'm mad me" Moran continues to milk her working-class roots and pretend to speak on behalf of the working class makes it even more sickening. Could the kid be a prodigy? Sure. Is it likely? No

An A&R person could walk into any high school and grab 10 random kids who could then be made into a pop star (that autotune eh). But they're not gonna

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Also, we’re supposed to believe a random 16 year old just happened to be able to email one of Blur’s producers her song? Pull the other one mate, it’s got bells on it!

Reactions: 24
They are labouring the "anonymous" line, thinking that it will later get them off the hook ("She did it all herself!" "No one knew who she was!" etc). But this only addresses the OBVIOUS aspect of nepotism, not all the advantages conferred behind the scenes: the industry contacts, the what I assume to be the fancy performing arts school (?), that the overwhelming majority of kids simply do not have access to. LL should be ashamed of herself. They are all such hypocrites

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Until SH puts on a growth spurt or gets a pair of varifocals (if she's there yet) I'm going to carry on talking about CM...

CM did an IG Live with Nadine Shah (apparently an old friend) a week or so ago. On her upper lip she has what looks like the sort of bruise I occasionally get from having dermal filler (or other cosmetic injection). She tells ND that it's a smudge of mascara she can't get off.

• Haha
  • Wow
They are labouring the "anonymous" line, thinking that it will later get them off the hook ("She did it all herself!" "No one knew who she was!" etc). But this only addresses the OBVIOUS aspect of nepotism, not all the advantages conferred behind the scenes: the industry contacts, the what I assume to be the fancy performing arts school (?), that the overwhelming majority of kids simply do not have access to. LL should be ashamed of herself. They are all such hypocrites
This exactly. The 'anonymity' is a figleaf so they can all pretend it is highly ethical. Lauren's arch 'she's a 16 year old from London' without mentioning she knows her extremely well and is an old family friend is just cringe worthy. I don't know if she should mention it but she put herself in that position so I think is open to criticism. It's just a continuation of this lot helping their friends/relatives using a position of power - Sali constantly plugging Hersheson's (I see them as friends of hers by this stage).
I had a look at my trusty copy of Pretty Honest 😂 and all the glowing gushing soundbites on the cover were by Caitlin Moran, Lauren Laverne, India Knight and Marian Keyes. So wonderfully impartial and diverse then.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This should all probably go in the CM Thread....

I was tickled by this:

3AF911ED-3E76-49C9-8FCE-6E7C66080C0C.jpeg

.... so in the past 4 (?) months she’s written 2 albums, got onto Radio 1, Radio 6, and had Blur’s producer work on her debut stuff. But has managed to garner all this “independently sourced” support while she has never played live?

I’ve never heard her, she may be brilliant, but YY to previous posts decrying the closed shop privileged girls club Bobbins

Edited to add:

And her “anonymity” won’t last long when the following comes up in the first 20 results of a google image search...
425902B5-6A6B-435C-8685-31C5C52107E1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
I had a look at my trusty copy of Pretty Honest 😂 and all the glowing gushing soundbites on the cover were by Caitlin Moran, Lauren Laverne, India Knight and Marian Keyes. So wonderfully impartial and diverse then.
I raise my hand in shame as I too admit to buying 'Pretty Honest'. All I can say is that I must have been 'Pretty Gullible' at the time 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I raise my hand in shame as I too admit to buying 'Pretty Honest'. All I can say is that I must have been 'Pretty Gullible' at the time 😳
It's shite. How can I delete it from kindle? I kept dipping in and out of it waiting to read something revelatory but nope....Jackie magazine special...If it wasn't on kindle it would have been straight to the charity shop.

Reactions: 5
This exactly. The 'anonymity' is a figleaf so they can all pretend it is highly ethical. Lauren's arch 'she's a 16 year old from London' without mentioning she knows her extremely well and is an old family friend is just cringe worthy. I don't know if she should mention it but she put herself in that position so I think is open to criticism. It's just a continuation of this lot helping their friends/relatives using a position of power - Sali constantly plugging Hersheson's (I see them as friends of hers by this stage).
It's strange that this seems to pass them by. Anyone who works in the corporate or charity sectors (as I do) will know that it is well understood that transparency - such as in relation to personal interests and connections - is crucial to maintaining customer/donor/public trust.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think anyone’s blaming the girl at all. She’s only a kid and isn’t masterminding her own career. Her name isn’t Eaves though, is it? I’m guessing Evie? I don’t know CM’s kid’s names.

But nepotism... ugh I hate it. And the dishonesty of the likes of LL accidentally-on-purpose forgetting to mention she’s known this girl since she was little.

I hate the way that literally every young up-and-coming person in the public eye (be it TV/radio presenter, actor, model) is the child of a celeb. Nepotism has always existed but it just seems so endemic now. There used to be opportunities for working class people to be discovered and make it big if they were talented enough. I’m not sure that’s true anymore.
Her kids names are Eavie & Dora. Pete Paphides has always referred to them as such, but for some reason, for years, including in How To Be A Woman, she called them Lizzie & Nancy. I assume it was an attempt at some anonymity, but really, what’s the point when your husband is using their real names?

Sorry, it’s just always bothered me!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.