Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All that time they could get back by not washing their faces *after* getting out of the shower! I'm so glad other people thought this was as stupid as I did.

Here's another gem from the same page (her 'routines' cheat sheet) that caught my eye:
"And no, you cannot use an SPF instead of a moisturiser. That’s like going out all day with a raincoat on and only bra and knickers underneath. Unless that is your everyday outfit of choice, I suggest you wear actual clothes (moisturiser) underneath your raincoat (SPF)."

Literally what is this nonsensical analogy. I think she thinks it's clever? And no room whatsoever for different skin types, climates or products (like my CeraVe SPF25 daily moisturiser) - just "no you cannot".

I'm sure she has some good advice/recommendations too like Sal, but her manner is an instant turn-off for me.

Sorry to go so off topic!
I can't believe I ever swallowed that BS. I actually ran out of sunscreen and just purchased a moisturiser with SPF50, gone are the days of piling on multiple products

Reactions: 2
I'd rather have a bit of shampoo trickle down my face (how long is it going to stay there, less than a second?!) than attack it with a flannel the way CH does.

And when it's really hot I'll do serum, then straight on to SPF - and I have dry skin! Don't see what the problem is.

But then, up until a couple of years ago she said she got her SPF from make-up, so....🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
The mask she modelling on her latest insta story. Could that be used in the shower to protect one's face from all the hazardous elements? Sounds awful risky to go without.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone shampoo their hair in the way caroline thinks we do? If your eyes are protected from shampoo suds then so is the rest of your face?

Sali's "only introduce acids when the initial fortnight of retinol use is over and skin has settled" so despite a skin cycle taking 6 weeks, does she only test her product recs for two?
Seriously two weeks? Literally everything I've read about skincare says you should give a product two months to see if it works or not. I get that some things you might notice a different sooner or even straight away.

Seriously two weeks? Literally everything I've read about skincare says you should give a product two months to see if it works or not. I get that some things you might notice a different sooner or even straight away.
And retinols, especially prescription ones, take way longer. Some people say it could be 6 months before you see an improvement with prescription retinol

The SPF thing - we are meant to have 15 minutes without to get Vitamin D aren’t we? I’m pale and Irish and I only wear it if I’m going to be outside allll day (I’ve got that watery essence stuff cos anything else makes me shiny and itchy) and I look alright. Mind, I wash my face with actual soap so god knows what she’d think of that. Spent years acting like soap was poison, but turns out my face loves soap and cheap moisturiser. I use any old grease first if I’ve had makeup on and then I just soap up, rinse, put on cheap cream (currently like Lavera in a tin). I’ve done Clarisonic, expensive cleansing balms, chemical exfoliants, brief fling with squareness, but “leave me alone” seems to work best.

Reactions: 6
This UV phobia is weird. I use SPF on my face only if I'm going to be outside for a considerable amount of time. Otherwise, meh, who cares? I spent years in the sun slathered in baby oil as a child and teenager; I grew up on a Sydney beach and spent all summer at the beach. The damage is done. My dermatologist says my skin is great for someone who grew up doing that in a hot climate. He is surprised and said he can't tell. I've never had a precancer. My vitamin D levels are good without supplementing and I get more rain than Seattle where I live. My friend who died of melanoma had it between her toes 🤷‍♀️

In other, more cheering news:
104481401_3108873945894935_8619347017250850808_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.