Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on , am I having a moment ?

I’m sure this was in Influencers a minute ago, now it’s in Gurus?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m sure it was too and guessing that was @Jelly Bean ‘s intention.

Sali’s touting Hershesons in her column/IG etc etc is now surely beyond all pretence of being impartial. We know she does it for the #presstreatment which is just another way for her to be shady and disingenuous about her Ad affiliations. She is no doubt hoping by keeping the number of mentions embarrassingly high she will be top of the list when they reopen.

she feels so bad for these salons, still won’t make her actually pay though.

Reactions: 11
It was - maybe only mods get to move them from category to category?
So near 😂

Seriously on the last thread - Sali ordered shampoo from Glasgow?
I’m sure it was too and guessing that was @Jelly Bean ‘s intention.

Sali’s touting Hershesons in her column/IG etc etc is now surely beyond all pretence of being impartial. We know she does it for the #presstreatment which is just another way for her to be shady and disingenuous about her Ad affiliations. She is no doubt hoping by keeping the number of mentions embarrassingly high she will be top of the list when they reopen.

she feels so bad for these salons, still won’t make her actually pay though.
I'm afraid her defense is always 'I didn't get PAID' but the ASA rules state gifts and press treatments count as payment.
Someone said on the previous thread it must a conflict of interest mustn't it?

Reactions: 4
Tattle management have spoken: the woman is a damn GURU!!

On an early thread someone posted that Tattle HQ hadn’t heard of SH and so didn’t know where to put her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tattle management have spoken: the woman is a damn GURU!!

On an early thread someone posted that Tattle HQ hadn’t heard of SH and so didn’t know where to put her 😂
Yes at the beginning she started off under 'celebrity' 😂

A cursory (and admittedly somewhat tragic on my part) look has shown the most recent mentions of Hersheson's by Sali in The Guardian.

March 18 'Your hair regime doesn't have to be hard work'
March 27 'Solitary confinement - a lockdown survival guide'
April 11 'Top 10 lockdown beauty tips'
May 2 'Supporting hair salons'.

When word count is so low I don't understand why prominence is given to one quite niche brand so often.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
zcfthc5
Sali's IG "My family ran out of our favourite shampoo and so I bought some more from an independent salon in Glasgow who do e-commerce."
I'm amazed that 1) she couldn't find an independent salon closer to Brighton, 2) she thinks that buying a non-indie brand shampoo from 450 miles away is a good use of a fuel and distribution networks?
Do as I say, not as I do? 🤔

2AEBC011-4041-4B92-B785-1BE760221BF0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
May 2 'Supporting hair salons'
Who is OKing her columns? Did they even read the last one? If we could bring ourselves to, there's no excuse!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 121424
[/QUOTE]

Disingenuous. I think the response to her reply there might be ‘but nobody is interested in where I buy my shampoo as I’m not a journalist?

Reactions: 1
Yes at the beginning she started off under 'celebrity' 😂

A cursory (and admittedly somewhat tragic on my part) look has shown the most recent mentions of Hersheson's by Sali in The Guardian.

May 2 'Supporting hair salons'.

When word count is so low I don't understand why prominence is given to one quite niche brand so often.
she just is bankrupt in the scruples department isn’t she? It’s hard sell in pantomime form. Her vocation is QVC, at least it would be an honest living, not dressing it up as something else.

Reactions: 7
she just is bankrupt in the scruples department isn’t she? It’s hard sell in pantomime form. Her vocation is QVC, at least it would be an honest living, not dressing it up as something else.
She really should be in the influencer section in my humble opinion.

Reactions: 12
Without being disrespectful , why order from Glasgow for Aveda shampoo when she lives within spitting distance of London and the areas with anyone wishing to sell Aveda to her.

😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
dafuq is a fug?

That column! Utter self-serving codswallop that no one even looked at before hitting send. A typo in the headline ffs. "Loving your locks" who talks like this except for leftover beauty editors? Where is the reader service in that column? Does shoehorning in a couple of products tick that box?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
dafuq is a fug?

That column! Utter self-serving codswallop that no one even looked at before hitting send. A typo in the headline ffs. "Loving your locks" who talks like this except for leftover beauty editors? Where is the reader service in that column? Does shoehorning in a couple of products tick that box?
Yes that just about sums it up. Utterly pointless with possibly duff information (the vouchers). Why is such a lot of her lockdown beauty centred around hair anyway? When the advice seems to be 'just leave it alone'.

Reactions: 6
Utterly pointless with possibly duff information (the vouchers). Why is such a lot of her lockdown beauty centred around hair anyway? When the advice seems to be 'just leave it alone'.
I'd say because Hershesons and SH don't have a written contract, just an understanding that she'll keep mentioning them and they'll keep giving her the freebies...Looking at Hershesons' prices, that freebie is worth a lot to SH.

Hairdressers will be just fine after lockdown. They have skills which will always be needed. Hair salons might not be, but if as SH claims, only a tiny proportion of the appointment fee (a cut and finish at Hershesons starts at £80) goes to the actual stylist, there's little point in shelling out the £240+ for three vouchers SH recommends as it will just go towards paying rent rather than the staff, who are presumably eligible for furlough or self employment schemes anyway.

Reactions: 13
I loved the down-to-earth take on maintaining hair at home by hairdresser Michael Douglass:

Lots of complaints were received because he said that home dyes are made of the same stuff as salon dyes.

Of course we go to hairdressers for their skill and experience. But guilt-tripping people into going into extra efforts to support flagship salons and brands is not called for in the current situation we live it. It’s tit that hair salons are closed, but so are so many other businesses.

I have paid loads of money for haircuts in a top-end salons once or twice and can honestly say they did not transform my life, or were times better than the haircuts I’ve had at a more average price.

And in terms of hair dyeing- I don’t do fancy hair colours or looks and home dye kits have always worked just as well as an expensive salon jobs. A little self-education in the colour wheel, understanding different types of hair dyes snd your own hair type and safe ways of hair colouring is all it’s needed- it’s not rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I loved the down-to-earth take on maintaining hair at home by hairdresser Michael Douglass:

Lots of complaints were received because he said that home dyes are made of the same stuff as salon dyes.

Of course we go to hairdressers for their skill and experience. But guilt-tripping people into going into extra efforts to support flagship salons and brands is not called for in the current situation we live it. It’s tit that hair salons are closed, but so are do much other businesses.

I have paid loads of money for haircuts in a top-end salons once or twice and can honestly say they did not transform my life, or were times better than the haircuts I’ve had at a more average price.

And in terms of hair dyeing- I don’t do fancy hair colours or looks and home dye kits have always worked just as well as an expensive salon jobs. A little self-education in the colour wheel, understanding different types of hair dyes snd your own hair type and safe ways of hair colouring is all it’s needed- it’s not rocket science.
Home hair dyes are so much better than they used to be even a decade ago. You had to leave them on at least an hour and they just made your hair one block colour, no tones, and they stank to high heaven.
It is imo ridiculous to suggest most people can't manage their own hair, at least temporarily. It is just hair. Even my 88 year old mum who visits the hairdresser ever week to maintain her perm, and has done for decades, has washed her hair and styled it and says it is fine. In fact after she has said she probably will look after it herself from now on apart from the occasional trim.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.