Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Next weeks column - “How to video conference with confidence”

- red lip
- freshly trimmed fringe
- Rolex watch on show

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't understand it as well. This charity wanted to do something similar and I presume the problem is in the name itself? Couldn't they make up some other name, as this one already exists? I don't have to declare my dislike for our Pulitzer prize winner Panty Pistol (the alliteration is an homage) here, and I'm sure any communication with her would be snippy, but if they have a trademark or whatever the duck, make up a different name?
I'm just guessing.

Reactions: 5
This thread has been great recently - she (actually, mainly you guys) has provided something to keep me entertained during these times. Thoughts go out to all the people she has hurt in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is she implying that they are close to supplying all NHS hospitals? That’s amazing if so. It does seem a huge achievement for a team of three...

64A5D53F-5AC6-4730-9272-ED72F4B0E44E.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Jo Jones is always sorting donations and moving boxes on her own or with her kids shown on her IG stories but it does not look like they have a massive warehouse full of stock, it looks like a small lock up and her front room :unsure:

Reactions: 2
Maybe they didn't have enough followers, or maybe they were too critical
Or they weren't 'someone reputable - a business, journalist or PR company'.

Curious what SH sees as 'reputable'. Why would any of these categories get involved with a charitable endeavour other than for publicity? (I refuse to call BB a charity as I don't think it is actually a registered charity so it doesn't need to comply with the rules and accountability charities are subject to).

Reactions: 1
(I refuse to call BB a charity as I don't think it is actually a registered charity so it doesn't need to comply with the rules and accountability charities are subject to).
It is registered as a charity in England and Wales.

There's absolutely no bleeping reason on Earth why they should use the same name as her charity. What massive wankers! I'd be pissed off too if I were her.

Reactions: 1
Jo Jones is always sorting donations and moving boxes on her own or with her kids shown on her IG stories but it does not look like they have a massive warehouse full of stock, it looks like a small lock up and her front room :unsure:
I think they work with a distributor / retailer to ship direct where possible.

There could be a legitimate reason why theres tension on both sides in an unprecedented healthcare situation.

*pure speculation* Maybe an Irish group started to set it up and began linking up with beautybanks, then coronavirus hit and beautybanks perhaps withdrew an offer to expand in Ireland and refocused their efforts for nhs hospitals and are more risk averse with their reputation, and the Irish team are frustrated that their hands are tied when they are thinking about utilitarianism?

There could be a legitimate reason why theres tension on both sides in an unprecedented healthcare situation.

*pure speculation* Maybe an Irish group started to set it up and began linking up with beautybanks, then coronavirus hit and beautybanks perhaps withdrew an offer to expand in Ireland and refocused their efforts for nhs hospitals and are more risk averse with their reputation, and the Irish team are frustrated that their hands are tied when they are thinking about utilitarianism?
I don’t think there’s an Irish team as such - the twitter account has 10 followers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.