Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Naturally the writer of the graun's beauty sustainability column has a perfect alibi to justify her buying from the industry's (most notorious?) packaging waster, but also the interviewer of McGrath for the same publication...

(Pat McGrath's makeup is flown rather than shipped, so are bad logistics-wise as well as packaging-wise - obvs neither mentioned in interview or column)

Attachments

Reactions: 3
What I love best about this thread is it’s long running heritage. It’s cheering how an old classic can maintain relevancy in today’s fickle world and not be thrown out like yesterday’s pungent chip paper.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The thing I don't understand is if she hates her own pictures so much why doesn't she do other people's make up.more often for her Instagram? Or just different sorts of content? Out of her last 12 grid posts 8 have been her face

Reactions: 12
Re: the Scouserachel post on the previous thread. I don't follow her but just had a quick look. Her piss taking and posting a link to an article about a slightly more sinister side of influencers (i.e. random strangers knowing their kids names, etc etc).

Again, irony, does Sali not realise she actually IS one of these people? The time has come for her to either embrace it, admit to loving the ego stroking, schilling and freebies and drop the serious journalism pretence/OR/quit trying to do both things badly.

Disclaimer: I bought a PatMcGrath lippie and eyeshadow palette in the US at Sephora a couple of years ago. They are undoubtedly the most divine bits of kit. Lippie was all used, I never do that. Eyeshadows still used.

Reactions: 3
Just had a read of the MOD FOD thread - which is all about what a massive bellend FOD is these days... anyway scouserachel is being praised over there for her vilification of FOD.

It’s making me laugh that SH’s mate is being talked about like that on here

6BD81D62-29CD-4A73-9704-4934CFA2991C.png 99804B96-C36F-48F4-AF10-13410E822B8D.png

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I bought a PatMcGrath lippie and eyeshadow palette in the US at Sephora a couple of years ago. They are undoubtedly the most divine bits of kit. Lippie was all used, I never do that. Eyeshadows still used.
Just admit that you are a nerd with serious skills 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Naturally the writer of the graun's beauty sustainability column has a perfect alibi to justify her buying from the industry's (most notorious?) packaging waster, but also the interviewer of McGrath for the same publication...

(Pat McGrath's makeup is flown rather than shipped, so are bad logistics-wise as well as packaging-wise - obvs neither mentioned in interview or column)
Is Sali trying to claim influencers receive Pat McGrath products in plain, basic, eco-friendly packaging while only the basic sides of beef receive oversized boxes full of OTT shredded plastic? Bullshit!

And if that was the case (which it is definitely not), how she receives her packages does not excuse how Pat McGrath sends out the vast majority of her products and you would have to be living under a rock to be unaware.

No wonder the beauty influencers feel so threatened by Estee Laundry.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I imagine Sali is hinting that there was no need for a big box containing lots of sequins because Pat simply handed her the products personally last time they met up 💅.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My apologies, perhaps there is less packaging buying from a middle man or does the middle man dispose of it instead?

(Although those sequins are everywhere in Selfridges and in all the packets of minis that I saw there, so I still think it is at odds for her to advise her readers to buy from companies that are 'trying', whilst soft influencing for McGrath who clearly couldn't give less of a tit)

Attachments

My apologies, perhaps there is less packaging buying from a middle man or does the middle man dispose of it instead?

(Although those sequins are everywhere in Selfridges and in all the packets of minis that I saw there, so I still think it is at odds for her to advise her readers to buy from companies that are 'trying', whilst soft influencing for McGrath who clearly couldn't give less of a tit)
Classic SH move of side-stepping the issue whilst absolving herself of any responsibility.

(If she makes a habit of calling out brands that send out excessive packaging, to influencers or just generally, then I stand corrected).

Reactions: 5
Pictures like the latest selfie she put on IG sharing her love of a new lipstick - I am genuinely interested in the mechanics of it and how IG works for influencers. I presume there is no payment of any sort from anyone so is it just for engagement? To keep people interested in the SH 'brand'? I suppose there has to be a low level presence on the platform in between the paid and sponsored posts? With a blurring between paid/unpaid ones so the #ad ones don't stick out like a sore thumb. Having said that I did notice in comments when someone asked about her blusher she @Bobbi Brown - would this be part of the ongoing BB campaign she is actively involved in or not?
(I realise this comes across as 'Instagram for Dummies' but in all honesty the whole thing baffles me).

Reactions: 2
If it gets really cold I’m tempted to by a Uniqlo down gilet. Must confess, have been looking on the site. Still influenced of course. ;)

Pictures like the latest selfie she put on IG sharing her love of a new lipstick - I am genuinely interested in the mechanics of it and how IG works for influencers. I presume there is no payment of any sort from anyone so is it just for engagement? To keep people interested in the SH 'brand'? I suppose there has to be a low level presence on the platform in between the paid and sponsored posts? With a blurring between paid/unpaid ones so the #ad ones don't stick out like a sore thumb. Having said that I did notice in comments when someone asked about her blusher she @Bobbi Brown - would this be part of the ongoing BB campaign she is actively involved in or not?
(I realise this comes across as 'Instagram for Dummies' but in all honesty the whole thing baffles me).
Apparently selfies help the algorithm because they get more engagement ... I have no idea about that but it’s something I’ve heard bandied around

If it gets really cold I’m tempted to by a Uniqlo down gilet. Must confess, have been looking on the site. Still influenced of course. ;)
They are really good... don’t let it put you off. I’ve had one for years and swear by it (sorry I really sound like a git or a bit SH here)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
No wonder the beauty influencers feel so threatened by Estee Laundry.
Just yesterday...

E1413C4F-01AC-407D-960B-5A200FA497AE.jpeg

The linked article is subscribers-only. But it’s clear that Estée Laundry definitely do have something to say. Does Sali really not want to hear about bullying occurring in her industry? Can she really not imagine why whistle-blowers might possibly want to retain anonymity? 🙄

45D5C557-E7A7-4371-BABA-8C7DF9D19695.jpeg

55DACB00-F1D4-4BF0-8F6B-CCB71955B2CC.jpeg

0D0F2C31-4399-48FC-9F24-70A7895B7B14.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It’s odd. You’d think they’d welcome an anonymous third party account to flush out the shady companies and practices in the beauty industry. It means those high profile people like Sali can cooperate to improve things whilst not getting their hands visibly dirty.

Unless, of course, they’re not interested in stopping any shady practices... :unsure:

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.