Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the title. I’m starting to feel sorry for Hughe (deliberate singular), she doesn’t seem very happy, despite her career, house, family and blue tick mates who do genuinely seem to care about her. I don’t think her reaction to what is mostly just constructive criticism is very proportionate, and her seeming inability to see that maybe (!) she’s guilty of some double standards is a bit off as well.
Wasn’t she meant to be writing a novel? That feels like a lifestyle that might fit her better. Not sure the world needs a SH novel, but she might be good at it.

Reactions: 4
I think her expectations were after That Friday that any threads about her here would tank, as others have done before. I also suspect that she thought her blue tick friends would all come to the rescue, but as she keeps trying to insert Tattle into discussion on Twitter, her blue tickers are politely nowhere to be seen, and she's left with small scraps of people to engage with her about it. Even her family didn't want any discussion about it in the house on Christmas day.

Reactions: 7
Just throwing it out there

Reactions: 1
I'd suggest:

The Tattle 2019 good housekeeping award to India Knight for her massive Twitter clean-up before sharing with the nation (Sunday Times 6 October) her concern about the nastiness on social media.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Face is looking a lot better today, thanks to all your superb advice and an Origins hydrating mask tube I found down the back of a drawer.

And the Michael Hutchence documentary on iPlayer is worth a watch :cry:

Reactions: 7
She's linked to the awkward Emily Weiss interview. States she's never had a commercial relationship with Glossier, but has tagged their products as #presssamples :rolleyes:

This bullshit is exactly why the CMA came up with social media guidelines in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It is so weird to think you are not compromised or biased in any way unless a brand deposits cold hard cash into your bank account.

Did anyone see Nadine Baggott’s 2019 wrap video? So refreshing to hear her openly (but respectfully) talking about how Victoria Beckham’s makeup range was dull and disappointing.

Reactions: 14
It is so weird to think you are not compromised or biased in any way unless a brand deposits cold hard cash into your bank account.
yes, absolutely. No nepotism involved in any way, nope, none at all. The way she cannot hide her contempt at having to obey rules regarding her schilling is also quite a big tell, so we get the bent truths with #presstreatment hairdos etc. Hope the rules get sharpened even more.

Reactions: 9
Yes, why would brands spend £££s regaling beauty writers and influencers with extravagant launches, lunches, dinners, flights, hotels, personalised gifts, access to celebrities - even donations to a favoured charity - if they didn't know they'd be getting something in return somewhere along the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Face is looking a lot better today, thanks to all your superb advice and an Origins hydrating mask tube I found down the back of a drawer.
I'm planning a skin revival this evening. I've reread the previous posts and going to do a cleansing massage (up and out) followed by steam in the bath, then cold flannel then a mask of whatever is left in my box of samples (samples from buying tit loads of stuff, not press samples obvs).

Have I understood correctly what I need to do?

How do people deal with white headed spots? I thankfully don't get them often anymore (retinol has made a massive difference) but have had a couple of crackers recently. I cannot leave them alone and not pop them. I just can't, I've got no control over it but wondered if I could arm myself better to do it. Any tips?

I'm planning a skin revival this evening. I've reread the previous posts and going to do a cleansing massage (up and out) followed by steam in the bath, then cold flannel then a mask of whatever is left in my box of samples (samples from buying tit loads of stuff, not press samples obvs).

How do people deal with white headed spots? I thankfully don't get them often anymore (retinol has made a massive difference) but have had a couple of crackers recently. I cannot leave them alone and not pop them. I just can't, I've got no control over it but wondered if I could arm myself better to do it. Any tips?
I've recently started using a salicylic acid cleanser and salicylic acid toner and this has massively helped with blackheads and whiteheads.

Reactions: 2
I don't know if any of you have looked at this but one of her Instagram highlights is "lipstick" - literally 50 pictures of her wearing essentially the same pinky nude lipstick bit of course not the same, all different and expensive brands. Most of which (when the rules changed) are tagged with #presssample. Now, in what insane world do women need millions of the same coloured lipstick?! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big lipstick and make up fan but we are living on a planet that is literally on fire and she's encouraging wasteful,needless consumption.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Yes that’s right - I also used an AHA toner before the mask for an extra squeaky feeling.

On spots - yeah same. I give them a gentle squeeze with clean hands, then dab on The Ordinary salicylic acid. Clears them up in no time. Once healed use niacinamide to fade any marks.

Reactions: 1
@Colin, I agree with you totally as someone who’s often found myself down the lipstick rabbit hole. I actually find SH quite easy to ignore in that front these days as she seems to have 1-2 make up looks revolving around pinky nude lipstick and eye crayon/ possibly eyeliner smudged kind of eye make up. I don’t find it particularly inspiring and you are 100% right in saying, one can only have this many nude lipsticks at any time. I have never understood what SH’s particular skill in makeup artistry is, I find many non-trained people more inspiring.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.