Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
KJB has used MakeUpForever for months on end but (as a regular viewer ) her stories are now very repetitive and dull.

She should start making up models .
Yes she has always banged on about endless cacao, the hd concealer and the eye pencils. Agree her stories are boring because she basically does the same looks each time. It's a shame because her tips and tricks are quite useful but you have to sift through endless guff. Now she's captioning her videos you really see how much shite she talks!!

I guess cash is what they are mostly pursuing, perks comes 2nd or 3rd, not as highly valued?
Yes, and I wonder if sometimes they don't even recognise the perks - the lunches/dinners/receptions, the travel and hotels, the personalised gifts - as perks.

Reactions: 7
Yes, and I wonder if sometimes they don't even recognise the perks - the lunches/dinners/receptions, the travel and hotels, the personalised gifts - as perks.
That is because they view them not as perks, but entitlements

Reactions: 8
“It’s just socializing, been doing it for yeaaaaars!”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That film critic comparison is wrong on so many levels, it's actually quite embarrassing for a "journalist".

Reactions: 6
For me, Sali made it out (left out) that she was the only one. It’s apparent that there was a load of folks having their pics taken like it was an influencer production line. Well done Chanel, cos they nailed their marketing to people who follow influencers, rather than a mag ad. The photo of her was lovely (although I wouldn’t have recognised her) and must be lovely to have.

Reactions: 1
“It’s just socializing, been doing it for yeaaaaars!”
“Just hanging out with my incredibly tight group of besties, my squad”.

@Simplemind agreed, and she’s made herself look like a fool by implying she was the only one. Unless... surely not... She did KNOW other people were being “kindly invited” too?

Reactions: 6
Also must be cringe-worthy to have to tag chanel.beauty in the story, but on their grid posts, they only feature the top-notch models/celebrities who endorse the products. It's a win-win for Chanel - they get more coverage for the brand knowing the influencers are working with them and giving them exposure, whilst also keeping the influencers at arm's length i.e. treating them like the poor relatives

Reactions: 10
“Just hanging out with my incredibly tight group of besties, my squad”.

@Simplemind agreed, and she’s made herself look like a fool by implying she was the only one. Unless... surely not... She did KNOW other people were being “kindly invited” too?
I presumed this implication of an intimate shoot was all part of it, to look oh so casual. Not a conveyer belt. Relying on people to only follow one or two influencers so they didn't join the dots and perceive it as a full on influencer campaign. Hence no group photos. All quite low key. Because that is what IG influencers followers relate to.
If Flimflam hadn't put up those other photos I would've had no idea others apart from SH were invited to the shoot.

Reactions: 8
Yes, and I wonder if sometimes they don't even recognise the perks - the lunches/dinners/receptions, the travel and hotels, the personalised gifts - as perks
If any single event or gift is worth over £250 it's classed as a taxable benefit, and they should pay income tax on it. As they're all self employed, they should know this...

Also, companies have to have Anti-Bribery and Corruption policies which limit the gifts and 'perks' their employees can receive (normally £150 but can be lower), if not an outright ban. So in a normal employment situation, this #gifted shoot would be illegal too.

But as we know, influencer land is free of the pathetic rules, taxes and laws that govern normal beef-faced morons, all the better to mug those same morons of their properly taxed money for 'life changing' product that actually does feck all (when compared to a complimentary weak dilute of filler and botox...shhhhhh!).

Reactions: 14
- completely off topic - I was thinking about the nuface and if it would also work to help decrease old swelling from an ankle sprain 10 years ago. I have one ankle of a 25yo and the other of a 65 yo. Is there scientific logic to this?

I’ve been a member of BP for a year. I used to always be jumping in on my renew day. Haven’t done that for a couple of months now. I’ve bought stuff elsewhere like Superdrug as I rate their stuff. Agree with limits your spend in other areas - good point.
AND eyeliner doesn’t stay on...I’m still searching. Rimmel fab but want a brown one cos getting on in years and apparently it’s more flattering.
I use a brown liquid eyeliner from the Body Shop and it’s brilliant. Doesn’t budge and yes, more flattering than black (for me anyway!). Always used to use Maybelline which was also good but went cruelty free recently so switched.

- completely off topic - I was thinking about the nuface and if it would also work to help decrease old swelling from an ankle sprain 10 years ago. I have one ankle of a 25yo and the other of a 65 yo. Is there scientific logic to this?

I got a nuface for Xmas, it’s AMAZING! He got me the one with all the attachments, the eye attachment is pretty useless, just use the balls. The light fitting and the balls are fab. I think it should work, my face is certainly less puffy and more defined. The light should help too. Its essentially the same system as a caci facial.

Reactions: 2
I got a nuface for Xmas, it’s AMAZING! He got me the one with all the attachments, the eye attachment is pretty useless, just use the balls. The light fitting and the balls are fab. I think it should work, my face is certainly less puffy and more defined. The light should help too. Its essentially the same system as a caci facial.
I've been meaning to ask how any of the NuFace newbies have been getting on. I'm a long-time user and definitely find it worthwhile.

I've been meaning to ask how any of the NuFace newbies have been getting on. I'm a long-time user and definitely find it worthwhile.

I love it! I’m only early 30’s so I don’t have many issues (aesthetically 😂) but I’ve seen some change to the definition of my face, it contours so beautifully. I absolutely love it. I love the light fitting too. The eye attachment is just a waste for me, can’t get to grips with it nor do I see anything changing from using it.

Where do you buy extra gel from?

I love it! I’m only early 30’s so I don’t have many issues (aesthetically 😂) but I’ve seen some change to the definition of my face, it contours so beautifully. I absolutely love it. I love the light fitting too. The eye attachment is just a waste for me, can’t get to grips with it nor do I see anything changing from using it.

Where do you buy extra gel from?
I've got the mini, but if I was starting over I'd probably go for your one for the sake of the LED attachment.

I use Aloe Vera gel. I used to use Dr Organic (from Holland and Barrett) Aloe Vera Gel Maximum Strength but it was a bit fume-y and made my eyes water. I changed to Holland & Barrett ordinary (not Dr Organic) Aloe Vera Gel and don't have the same problem with that one. In the past I've also used any old micro-current gel from Amazon/ebay.

I've got the mini, but if I was starting over I'd probably go for your one for the sake of the LED attachment.

I use Aloe Vera gel. I used to use Dr Organic (from Holland and Barrett) Aloe Vera Gel Maximum Strength but it was a bit fume-y and made my eyes water. I changed to Holland & Barrett ordinary (not Dr Organic) Aloe Vera Gel and don't have the same problem with that one. In the past I've also used any old micro-current gel from Amazon/ebay.
Oh that’s good, I wasn’t sure if we could use a different gel. I have some aloe from my derm. I’ll have a go with that. I don’t find it painful unless it touches my hairline. Have you seen any good tutorials anywhere?

On influencer marketing - this video is a clever exploration of how Sex & The City gave rise to current influencer-led model of selling.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.