SacconeJolys #58 Childhood memories: iPad, sugar and calories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An aside : Jonathan's Mum looked after my little boy in her role as a paediatric nurse. She was delightful and very kind.
I actually think his family are all okay and it’s him that’s the oddball!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I knew Jonathan, his mam and his sisters growing up and their life was a far cry from poverty!!!
He even dissed where I lived as it wasn't in the same lucrative part of Dublin!!
Exactly what he's like! He's an absolute snob and always was. He loves the big house, cars, the kids private school etc because that's what he's used to. He told me his mam was a pediatric doctor when she was actually a nurse:LOL:
He may not have even had to pay college fees. Some mature students qualify for free fees and if he was getting the BTEA he may not have had to pay the student contribution either.

Where did he go to college?
He would have qualified for free fees definitely for his degree as he was a first time applicant, he's Irish and it wasn't a private college. He just had to pay the registration fee which was way lower than it is now. Think he went to UCC didn't he?if I remember correctly he dropped out of secondary school at 16 or 17 before the leaving certificate but I could be wrong?I really can't remember the nonsense he told me back then or if it's true.

I was doing some googling on where Jonathan went to secondary school as he told me Brian Mc Fadden was in his class. I found an article that Brian Mc Fadden was brought to court by the Christian Brothers/school as he lied in a song about receiving beatings during his time in the school. They accused Mc Fadden of trying to make money off saying he was beat in class, when school beatings became illegal in Ireland in 1982 when Mc Fadden was two!Jonathan and his book need to thread very carefully here as people aren't stupid.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Exactly what he's like! He's an absolute snob and always was. He loves the big house, cars, the kids private school etc because that's what he's used to. He told me his mam was a pediatric doctor when she was actually a nurse:LOL:

He would have qualified for free fees definitely for his degree as he was a first time applicant, he's Irish and it wasn't a private college. He just had to pay the registration fee which was way lower than it is now. Think he went to UCC didn't he?if I remember correctly he dropped out of secondary school at 16 or 17 before the leaving certificate but I could be wrong?I really can't remember the nonsense he told me back then or if it's true.

I was doing some googling on where Jonathan went to secondary school as he told me Brian Mc Fadden was in his class. I found an article that Brian Mc Fadden was brought to court by the Christian Brothers/school as he lied in a song about receiving beatings during his time in the school. They accused Mc Fadden of trying to make money off saying he was beat in class, when school beatings became illegal in Ireland in 1982 when Mc Fadden was two!Jonathan and his book need to thread very carefully here as people aren't stupid.

Is Bryan not a northsider? How were they in the same school?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
[QUOTE="Layercake, post: 7224522, member: 259140"
[/QUOTE]
Sorry I got the article wrong they said the Christian Brothers launched an investigation into the song lyrics. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is McFadden also tried to say he was bullied in school and it wasn't ok to be gay in that song and he was lambasted by the media and some schools for this accusation. Jonathan may find himself in the same boat with the book.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
He is clearly a Walter Mitty type lies are first nature to him
A victim of his own making clearly he has narcissistic traits and is emotionally unstable as is Anna for supporting this they are greedy, entitled and spoiled this is undeniable they are also very dishonest as influencers they are a terrible example as parents they lacking in all areas I am sure they love their kids as do drug aaaddicts and alcoholics do, loving is easy, putting their needs first safeguarding being able to say no and setting a good example are also necessary in this they are both failing in my opinion, their refusal to address this, their ridiculous defence of what they both are childlike and stubborn refusing even to consider genuine advice given, they see it as criticism.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Yes he is but I think he went to secondary school on the northside as maybe they had trouble getting him into one on the southside. Jonathan told me years ago he was in McFaddens class. It never made sense to me why he went to a Northside school either but I wouldn't have had a reason to probe that at the time tbh. Again it could be all lies but maybe someone who knew him during that time period would know for certain.

Yes he is but I think he went to secondary school on the northside as maybe they had trouble getting him into one on the southside. Jonathan told me years ago he was in McFaddens class. It never made sense to me why he went to a Northside school either but I wouldn't have had a reason to probe that at the time tbh. Again it could be all lies but maybe someone who knew him during that time period would know for certain.
Just to add his draw my life video he confirmed he went to Rosmini on the Northside and so did Brian Mc Fadden.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
[QUOTE="Layercake, post: 7224522, member: 259140"
Sorry I got the article wrong they said the Christian Brothers launched an investigation into the song lyrics. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is McFadden also tried to say he was bullied in school and it wasn't ok to be gay in that song and he was lambasted by the media and some schools for this accusation. Jonathan may find himself in the same boat with the book.
[/QUOTE]
McFadden is another twit 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have been following this disaster and all the various message boards for several years now, so I decided to do some research into Jonathan Joly's past. All of this information is directly from him via videos, interviews and social media. I suffered through his "draw my life" video and it contradicts a lot of what he claims now, so I am sure he will remove it before the book comes out.

As per this video Jonathan says that he grew up in an average house, in an average neighbourhood on a nice street in Terenure (middle class area). As a child he shared a bedroom, and played with his brother who was his best friend. His mum noticed that he was becoming more introverted and withdrawn so she contacted a special school and arranged for him to attend St. Declans. He attended that school for 3yrs and then moved to mainstream school, but he was having trouble adjusting so his parents decided to send him to Rosmini School. In his 3rd year he started going to Wesley College, he made friends, had girlfriends, went to discos and became popular.

In other videos and interviews he mentioned a variety of activities his parents enrolled him in (swimming, track, dance etc), several family vacations, and his mum also made the children take elocution lessons. As per LinkedIn his father was an Area Inspector, then a business owner, and his mum was a Paediatric Phlebotomist. According to Jonathan his parents didn't get along, they fought a lot and that affected his happiness.

When I look at this picture, I do not see a family living in poverty, struggling to eat and pay the bills, nor do I see neglectful parents. His mum especially seemed like a very involved and caring parent. And before Jonathan changed his life story for a book deal, he referred to his mum as his "biggest cheerleader". I think it is disgusting that he is portraying his family this way. He is lying and just trying to manipulate his young followers. He said that he made up a fantasy world in his head, but not once did he mention anything about an inner gender conflict, or female personality inside him. Personally, I think he has stolen stories from other books, and other people's hardships to re-write his own middle class history. He will go to any lengths for attention, praise and relevancy.

Draw My Life Video:

Jonathan's Tweet About His Mum:
His school stuff makes no sense. Why send him to Rosmini which is the other side of the city and would be an absolute pain for him to get to when there are perfectly good schools in his area and the areas around him.

Whereabouts on the Northside is Brian from? I didn't think he was near enough to Drumcondra to go to Rosmini. A lot of the Secondary Schools in Glasnevin/ Drumcondra have like an order of requirements that make it easier for you to get into the school. One of them would be you have to be from the catchment area. So it makes even less sense that Jonathan went to Rosmini.

Interesting fact, Brian's eldest daughter moved to Ireland from England when she was 15 to go to secondary over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for A2 that he looks so much like his dad? Poor guy. Hopefully he grows out of it and doesn’t get the hairline 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
His school stuff makes no sense. Why send him to Rosmini which is the other side of the city and would be an absolute pain for him to get to when there are perfectly good schools in his area and the areas around him.

Whereabouts on the Northside is Brian from? I didn't think he was near enough to Drumcondra to go to Rosmini. A lot of the Secondary Schools in Glasnevin/ Drumcondra have like an order of requirements that make it easier for you to get into the school. One of them would be you have to be from the catchment area. So it makes even less sense that Jonathan went to Rosmini.

Interesting fact, Brian's eldest daughter moved to Ireland from England when she was 15 to go to secondary over here.
Brian’s from the Donaghmede area. Jono was probably raging Brian got into Westlife and he got into whatever band he was in that faded into obscurity. I always think Jono looks down on people he feels aren’t as well off and is overly jealous of people who have done better in life than him. Pathetic existence.
Even more pathetic to make up stories to feed a narrative. Also he came from an area of Dublin that lobbied to get their postcode changed so they wouldn’t be associated with a less well off area….yeah that screams poverty 🙄
I hope people from his past life come out of the woodwork to speak the truth when this book comes out. His ex band members have spoken out on Twitter before against him. His family should cut their losses and throw him under the bus. I certainly wouldn’t want a son or a brother like him in my life who abuses his children for financial gain and badmouths my mother and father.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Brian’s from the Donaghmede area. Jono was probably raging Brian got into Westlife and he got into whatever band he was in that faded into obscurity. I always think Jono looks down on people he feels aren’t as well off and is overly jealous of people who have done better in life than him. Pathetic existence.
Even more pathetic to make up stories to feed a narrative. Also he came from an area of Dublin that lobbied to get their postcode changed so they wouldn’t be associated with a less well off area….yeah that screams poverty 🙄
I hope people from his past life come out of the woodwork to speak the truth when this book comes out. His ex band members have spoken out on Twitter before against him. His family should cut their losses and throw him under the bus. I certainly wouldn’t want a son or a brother like him in my life who abuses his children for financial gain and badmouths my mother and father.
What was so great about Rosmini that people were travelling ages to go to it?

How none of his family have come out and called him out for all the crap he comes out with I'll never know. My family would be the first ones to do it if I were to ever come out with any of the shite he does. Don't even get me started with what they'd do if I filmed any kids I ever had the way they do.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
All this talk about his earlier years reminds me of when his dad bought the internet cafe for Jonathan so he had something to do. And then he just spent all day in the basement in his ‘office’ and employees ran the place. Hasn’t changed at all and he’s still holed up in the annex most of the time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
All this talk about his earlier years reminds me of when his dad bought the internet cafe for Jonathan so he had something to do. And then he just spent all day in the basement in his ‘office’ and employees ran the place. Hasn’t changed at all and he’s still holed up in the annex most of the time.
He was so very poor and his family did not care about him, like, at all.....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for A2 that he looks so much like his dad? Poor guy. Hopefully he grows out of it and doesn’t get the hairline 😬
Considering the child doesn't get a chance to have a hairline with Anna around, he'll be happy with anything when he's older! 😂😂

Guarantee if A2 genuinely wanted to grow out his hair or be like Eduardo, he wouldn't be allowed...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Considering the child doesn't get a chance to have a hairline with Anna around, he'll be happy with anything when he's older! 😂😂

Guarantee if A2 genuinely wanted to grow out his hair or be like Eduardo, he wouldn't be allowed...
OF course not, his narrative is that of 'real boy', and real boys have short hair and play rugby...

When Eduardo was Andrea's age, Jonathan would label him 'the sensitive child' because he would cry so easily, not seeing and/or caring that there was often good reason for Eduardo to cry. He was often pinched or pushed by Emilia, right next to their dad who would be too busy talking BS to the camera.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Ugh that would be like looking at Jono in a red wig 🤢poor kid

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.