Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sherry50672

I just noticed something in the video. At 11.41 in the video, when Jonathan comes into the room with Alessia: Eduardo says “what happened?”, Jonathan says “Lessie got a cold shower”, and Eduardo replies “like last night”. So that’s twice in 24 hours they’ve put her in a cold shower. Imagine how much a little kid screams in a cold shower.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

GoLando

VIP Member
Its so odd that lots abuse goes on in secret yet this family are openly abusing their child and filming it and nothing gets done.
Do we think theres been a few reports to social services and they will follow up?
On a wider point nscpcc we not just looking at 1 family abusing their children they have a large follwing and may encourage their fans to think this acceptable behaviour influencing others to use cold shower method
They're "influencers" so they're influencing their followers to do this. I bet this week a few little children have been subjected to this because these absolute twats have made some of their sheep think it's ok.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

OliviaPope

She’s an evil bitch!!! She couldn’t even dish out her punishment/torture herself she made dad of the year do it and he obliged!! 😳😳

In the comments,it was said by A or J the day before Alessia is scared of showers, which is normal for a 2 year old, or a consequence of cold showers!!

539964D1-6608-4DD1-903B-31C775BE7101.jpeg
1AE739A1-B6CD-4D06-AF50-80D17DFF3027.jpeg
63C22F66-5BC9-4986-9E6A-7E4F35FE0B9E.jpeg
Poor kid doesn’t even understand why she is having a cold shower, how could she fully understand she’s 2 FFS!!

• Sad
Reactions: 32

Largerlout

I am actially quite confused...I am on a number of threads on here and seen mention of social services needing to be called several times. Mostly inappropriately. However, this is easily the clearest case I have seen yet. Has anyone contacted them? As a child, I was a bed wetter, my parents ised to dangle me over the River Calder, literally over the bridge telling me they would throw me if I carried. Of course I carried on; I was shit scared and uncared for. The thought of telling my children the story brings me to tears, let alone ever treating them like that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

notaneffingclue

I personally think that a lot of the backlash toward many so-called influencers, is due to the attitude they have regarding their position. They enjoy the very income that buys them their mansions, luxury cars and clothes, etc, to you and I, the every-people who watch their content and engage with them via social media. I don't deny that there is work involved in what they do, but it certainly isn't the hard graft that many of us do to simply keep afloat. If I were paid as well as they are for the hours I work, I'd be richer than most influencers. I think their bleating about how much hard work they put in is a massive insult to those who follow them. I would love to watch an unedited day in the life and see how many hours a day they actually spend on running their channels and socials. And to dismiss the notion of luck in regards to their popularity. The Saccone-Joly's, Louise Pentland, Zoella, Alfie Deyes, Joe Sugg and their comrades who burst onto the scene at a similar time have enormously benefited from being on YouTube at exactly the right moment. Had they arrived later, I'm sure their journey would be different.

I personally think these influencers need to colour their interactions with their audiences with a humble, gracious attitude. If it were not for us, they'd not have the careers they love so dearly. We as followers also need to respect their right to live safely, and certainly not bully or threaten them. No one has the right to do that to another. However, I am afraid these public figures have waived their right to private lives by broadcasting their lives to the world. You can't make a living off selling your family's life and then complain that people are impinging on your privacy, when you invited them inside your home yourself.

I also feel that if you are going to broadcast incidences of malicious behaviour, there should be some proof of it, so long as legal proceedings are not in place. I am definitely a 'I won't believe it until I see it' kind of person.

I harbour no bad feelings toward any influencer, and have never bullied, intimidated or threatened one. I've never tried to pry into their personal lives or make their lives difficult in any way. I do feel that they all need to take stock of their positions, and realise that their very livelihood relies upon engagement from the every-person, you and me, before they alienate their entire audiences with their extravagant lifestyles and entitled attitudes.

Sorry for the essay, this issue is really bothering me.

Oh, and Jonathan and Anna, if you do read here. I am not a sad little person with a sad little life. I am not experiencing a horrible life event, nor is it making me behave in a horrible manner. I found gossip sites like this after other influencers directed me here by not allowing any kind of discourse on their channels and socials regarding their conduct online. There needs to be somewhere for people to express their opinion, especially where it cannot be doctored or managed by the influencer in question. I am simply a consumer who wishes to make her opinion known and to be able to discuss it freely. I wish you and your family well, and have never and would never harm you in any way. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to chat.

Thanks, chaps. Peace out! ☮

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Fizmozoo

Screenshot_20190816_183951.jpg

This has really annoyed me. His reply is just typical deflecting. And the minions backing him. Now he's off on a rant about some random person who tried to ruin them to make it look like it's not their fault and the incident never happened. It's just crazy people who want to ruin them!
No Jonathan, people who care more about your kids than you. People's eyes have been opened. The evidence is out there. No amount of lies is going to cover your ass now. You've shown yourself to be the liar you are. Caught rapid as a 'Dub' would say J! 😉

• Angry
  • Wow

HRB2019

This was the response I just had from the NSPCC:
We appreciate you contacting us with your concerns about the family you have seen on youtube and although we would not condone using cold water as a form of punishment, it would not meet a threshold for Children’s Service to investigate.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad

Jen

So Anna said "apparently if you wash them down with cold water it stops them doing it". But then when she asks Alessia seconds later if she knows why she had the cold shower, Alessia said no. So not only do they punish her in an incredibly cruel way, she doesn't even know why they've done it.

• Angry
  • Sad

MissTeddy

VIP Member
And whilst I'm ranting - people who genuinely frighten their children and call it a prank should be given a fucking taste of their own medicine. It's bullying. Home is MEANT to be a safe haven and your parents are MEANT to be protectors.

• Sad
  • Angry

viewtube

VIP Member
Reported the video for child abuse I’m disgusted
I'm shocked that one viewer who claims to work with health visitors, said that what they were doing with the cold water is a good idea, but both parents should be involved and not just Jonathan. As a health care professional I find it disgusting that anyone could actually advocate giving a 2 Yr old a cold shower as punishment.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Dupey13

is it classed as child abuse ? To me it is and would never ever do something like that to my two year old I’m Fucking disgusted

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I'm so genuinely upset by this. What kind of monster treats a toddler like this, it's absolutely horrific, I hate them and everything they stand for. What's worse is their followers copying - fuckung idiots. Poor little babies terrified and cold and for what ? Content ? Engagement ? Surely they don't actually believe this is a toilet training method. Fucking evil bastard I'd like to push him in a cold lake and see what he learns. Dick.

• Heart

Fatima

VIP Member
Video from 9th August 2017

(Thanks to another forum)
From 3:45,the answer to the question “what to you do if they are naughty ?” “I put them in MY cold showers”. (Speaking oh her dolls)

• Sad
  • Angry

stewpot

Chatty Member
Did anyone see Emilia and Eduardo's packed lunches the other day? There was barely anything in them, the next day anna said the teacher pulled her and said the kids have still been hungry after their lunch at holiday club so she packed them an extra piece of fruit... she's putting her obsessive healthy eating/starving onto her children now 😩 And don't even get me started on the fact they have to go to holiday club all day everyday when Anna is at home, even if going out with them was hard does she not want any days just playing in their lovely big garden? It was a nice surprise to see them all at the park recently, must be the first time Anna has gone out with them all in months!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

electricmallows

VIP Member
The part that stands out most to me is when Emelia and Eduardo ask what happened, J mentioned the cold shower and they both go 'oh'...which really gets to me because the way they respond makes it sound like it's a normalised punishment for all of them

Last edited:
  • Sad

Toby123

Wow did they really just admit to giving there kids cold showers as punishments! And they wonder why they have social services round !

• Angry
  • Wow

LurkyLou

Sometimes I wonder if they do it in purpose, remember the time period several months ago when all the family bloggers were getting paid to advertise proper seat safety and got their kids seats adjusted for them? But then I realise they've been doing this for nearly 7 years, and it's just for A+Js convenience that the As aren't rear facing, their straps are loose (no doubt they'd be annoyed by Alessia complaining that the seat was "too tight"), the Es are just in a booster and sometimes just in the seat with no support. And it bothers me more than just the kids aren't properly restrained in the car, if they got in a crash, the kids would fly out of their seats and Jonathan would have vlog content for months. CAR CRASH EMERGNENCY, FOUR KIDS IN HOSPITAL WING, HOSPITAL ROUTINE, DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HOSPITALISED CHILD, MAKING FRIENDS IN THE HOSPITAL, REPLACING THE CRASHED CAR, FIRST REHABILLATATION SESSION WITH 6 YEAR OLD, WALKING AGAIN, ALLOWED TO GO HOME FINALLY, RELIVING THE CRASH, (so many years later) 15 YEARS, MARRIED, 4 KIDS, 5 PREGNANCIES, 6 DOGS AND THE CRASH
God I hope that doesn't happen because the kids don't deserve it, but he needs to learn that his kids aren't properly restrained and are so likely to die should they crash

AMEN! True story time. My husband works with a guy whose wife was driving on the highway with their two youngest children, ages 1 and 4 years. An asshole got mad because he was stuck behind a bunch of cars and decided to weave in and out of traffic. When he got up to her, he didn't realize he had run out of places to go and rather than collide with the people in front of him, he came into her lane. She lost control and her car literally rolled down an embankment. When the emergency responders came, they told her they had to cut them out of the car because not only where they upside down but the frame was badly damaged from the rolling that they couldn't get the doors open. She was unconscious with a broken pelvis but her two babies in the backseat were physically unharmed. Scared out of their minds, but physically unharmed. Why, because of the free course she and her husband took at the local high school on child safety a few months prior. A relative of hers told her she wasn't properly strapping her kids in and instead of blowing it off they fucking listened. Her babies are alive because she properly strapped them in. Car safety is not a joke. Why these influencers treat it as such I'll never know. I can understand blocking people if they are being outright dicks to you. But never ever block someone who is genuinely trying to help. And maybe, just maybe if you get enough comments you might want consider looking into educating yourself. Your mistake shouldn't cost your babies their lives.

• Sad
  • Heart

Vermilion

Also, this morning she talked about how hot it was in the house last night.
33 degrees? Do they not know how to prevent that at least to some extent?
I’m in Germany and we’ve had the hottest day of the year yesterday with a temperature of 42 for gods sake. You try to cool down the flat or house at night and at about 8am everything is shut, blinds down and it stays like that until nighttime.
And I was raging when I heard that they only have 1 fan (but a Dyson, thank goodness for that...) and that it’s in the parents bedroom. A felt bad for the children because they don’t have one in their rooms. Are you blinking kidding me???
The children don’t have a fan in this heat? And you don’t even consider giving them yours? Just so you can go to sleep at 8 and work out at 5? And you’re ok with your children being up and miserable until god knows when?
I’m furious...

And then she’s in the kitchen a few hours later saying that all the doors and windows are open. Not smart. At 8 it was already 28 degrees here. Shut the windows, woman! And shut your gob while you’re at it.

• Angry

Bishbashbosh

Honestly, this makes me feel really uncomfortable and sad. I’m definitely not what you’d call a ‘gentle’ parent and I tend too shout a little too much sometimes, but never in my life have I, or would I ever give a TWO year old a cold shower as a punishment, or any child for that matter. She must have been terrified, I know when I’ve accidentally put the shower on myself and it’s cold the shock I get. It’s potentially dangerous as well. It’s disgusting behaviour on their part and I hope they get everything that’s coming for them. The press will pick up on this soon, as they are huge.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Carrotcake

I saw the video yesterday and I'm still traumatised by it, I can't believe that:

-One, they finally admitted to giving their children cold showers publically on a youtube video - for thousands to see
-Two, anna and jonathan were so cold discussing the cold showers, to not even understand how DISGUSTING and WRONG it is to punish a child like that
-Three, how normal eduardo and emilia thought it was (the saddest part for me)
-Four, how traumatised alessia looked afterwards especially shrieking "no!" when anna asked her if she knew what she did wrong to deserve it
-Five, that this is normal behaviour for all their children, meaning poor tiny andrea is next
-Six, that nothing will come of this. They will keep on behaving like this. Nothing will ever change.

and finally Seven... the irony that as you guys said "dad of the year" and mom discusses giving cold showers as normally and so calmly.. just DAYS after their "trolls are ruining our lives by contacting social services" video. hello jonathan? Can you not SEE how bad this is??? You cannot punish a child like that period

Silver lining is that jonathan "defended" himself on instagram which only brings more attention to the cold shower video, for more and more to see just how bad it is and to bring attention to this cruel act

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27