RVKLoves #35 RSV Loves #ihavethisthingwithspreadinggerms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RE Latest post, 'it's her job {Freya's} to work out the boundaries I guess'........

No you utter plank. That's yours. That's the parents job to 'work out' and implement to help not bring up a spoiled little madam *COUGH*.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
RE Latest post, 'it's her job {Freya's} to work out the boundaries I guess'........

No you utter plank. That's yours. That's the parents job to 'work out' and implement to help not bring up a spoiled little madam *COUGH*.
How is she so clueless as a mother? Also why does Freya's hair look so dirty and greasy, and look at the absolute STATE of the skirting boards.

Reactions: 9
No, he’s still there, sans bib and place mat! 😂Grubby Grabby!
How is she so clueless as a mother? Also why does Freya's hair look so dirty and greasy, and look at the absolute STATE of the skirting boards.
I’d say it’s because she’s still in that child mindset herself! Stuck in a time warp of her 13 year old self! 😬

Reactions: 10
Another day of Freya looking like she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards AND forwards. I haven’t even read the text that accompanies that post because you know…..🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s such a bullshitter. SR nutrition does not advise weaning at 5 months. It’s ‘around 6 months’ for a reason. 5 months is not around 6 months, it’s 5 months! Of course it’s her passive aggressive response to DMs asking why she’s weaning early so of course Waffy is 100x more developed than other babies and Grabby knows best 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s such a bullshitter. SR nutrition does not advise weaning at 5 months. It’s ‘around 6 months’ for a reason. 5 months is not around 6 months, it’s 5 months! Of course it’s her passive aggressive response to DMs asking why she’s weaning early so of course Waffy is 100x more developed than other babies and Grabby knows best 🙄
In her world 5 months is 6... Her 2 year old wears 5yo, etc... So advanced! (so wishing her life away...)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Isnt the advice for weaning "around 6 months or when baby is showing signs like sitting up unaided, no tongue thrust" that could be 5 months. I wouldnt be holding her arse to the fire over that.
If he's showing the right signs then middle of the first year/around 6 months can also be 5 months or 7 months. (I stuck rigidly to 6 months but my daughter was displaying the right signs at about 5 months. I was scared to start then with her)

Reactions: 4
Isnt the advice for weaning "around 6 months or when baby is showing signs like sitting up unaided, no tongue thrust" that could be 5 months. I wouldnt be holding her arse to the fire over that.
If he's showing the right signs then middle of the first year/around 6 months can also be 5 months or 7 months. (I stuck rigidly to 6 months but my daughter was displaying the right signs at about 5 months. I was scared to start then with her)
Holding her arse to the fire 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m pretty sure there’s evidence that the gut isn’t ready before 6 months, that’s why advice has changed from the 4 months it used to be

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure that if he could sit unsupported (which is the #1 requirement for weaning early, apart from health-rated reasons obviously) there would have been photographic proof but he’s laying down in all the pictures.

Reactions: 12
I’m pretty sure that if he could sit unsupported (which is the #1 requirement for weaning early, apart from health-rated reasons obviously) there would have been photographic proof but he’s laying down in all the pictures.
I thought this too. He is sitting pretty well in the high chair but I still don’t get the rush to wean before 6 months unless it’s medically advised. If she loves breastfeeding as much as she claims to why is she so desperate to shovel solids into his mouth?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m pretty sure there’s evidence that the gut isn’t ready before 6 months, that’s why advice has changed from the 4 months it used to be
I'd need to go searching for the exact wording but I think it says "around the middle of the first year" rather than 6 months. Weaning should never be at 4 months and that changed in 2003 so its been nearly 20 years since 4 months was the regular advice.

I agree that its early for waffy, I've never seen him sitting up independently so I don't think he's showing the ready signs. Some babies will though and that can be at around 5 months. I personally waited until 6 however as I said before, My girl showed all the correct signs but I was too nervous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'd need to go searching for the exact wording but I think it says "around the middle of the first year" rather than 6 months. Weaning should never be at 4 months and that changed in 2003 so its been nearly 20 years since 4 months was the regular advice.

I agree that its early for waffy, I've never seen him sitting up independently so I don't think he's showing the ready signs. Some babies will though and that can be at around 5 months. I personally waited until 6 however as I said before, My girl showed all the correct signs but I was too nervous.
I know people do wean earlier than 6 months/half a year and don’t have any problems with that but my issue is she’s an influencer - she shouldn’t be influencing anyone to go against NHS guidelines by saying she knows better. She put on a post they were about to start weaning on the 16th Dec and the photo posted on the 15th shows him clearly slumped against the sledge with Bentos so he definitely wasn’t sitting up when she decided to start. He was born on the 15th July.

I get people starting a week or two earlier than their 6 month milestone if they’re showing all the signs (its not what I would do as I don’t feel there’s a rush to start solids unless medically advised) but I’m not sure why Grabby has started nearly a month early when he clearly isn’t even close to sitting up, as demonstrated on her grid.

• Heart
It seems like all the Insta-mums do it. Makemeamummy who is the cockiest, most insufferable show off “I know best about my perfect baby” has started weaning her boy already and he has just turned 4 months old (and was early). No idea why they all rush!

• Wow
It seems like all the Insta-mums do it. Makemeamummy who is the cockiest, most insufferable show off “I know best about my perfect baby” has started weaning her boy already and he has just turned 4 months old (and was early). No idea why they all rush!
Same as Lifeofcharlouise - her son was born at 34 weeks and she started weaning just after 5 months. She feeds him in a bouncer chair as he can’t sit up 🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Why is he brushing his teeth at the same time as slopping on green pasta? So advanced he can even do that now?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why is he brushing his teeth at the same time as slopping on green pasta? So advanced he can even do that now?
[/QUOTE]
It’s a spoon 🥄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.