RVK Loves #2 Lady.. don't you know she's earned a second thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What gets me is that she can put 60 bloody photos on a blog post about fresh air, to make it that obscenely long that no one will ever spot the tiny 'ad' right at the end of the post.
But she can't add one extra line in a caption to say what's been gifted. Just some stuff was gifted, you guess what.

Don't you strain yourself Rebecca and do any actual work from your bed/hammock.

It is 100% because she doesn't want to admit that 90% of her bloody house is gifted. It would ruin her lux life image and reveal her as the greedy grabber she is.
Exactly. Thing is, I don't even begrudge that so many of her high end furnishings were gifted. If companies approached me, and were like "here have all this free tit!" I would not say no. What really puzzles me is why some influencers won't just state it honestly. I really don't understand this need for everyone to have this facade of wealth on IG. We know you didn't pay for it because all your IG peers have the exact same brass wall lights!

Reactions: 8
Exactly. Thing is, I don't even begrudge that so many of her high end furnishings were gifted. If companies approached me, and were like "here have all this free tit!" I would not say no. What really puzzles me is why some influencers won't just state it honestly. I really don't understand this need for everyone to have this facade of wealth on IG. We know you didn't pay for it because all your IG peers have the exact same brass wall lights!
Exactly! But that's just it though, isn't it. The less attainable the grid, the more people want/admire it.

They gain their following by humble bragging the perfect unattainable high end life, brands want in on that by slipping some of their products in to make others want them too.
You can have this perfect fancy life too if you just buy all this overpriced crap that all these influencers have, not realising they didn't buy it at all!

Influencers don't want to be honest because it ruins the illusion they've created, that got them the following in the first place. They'd rather carry on bragging. And many bands are more than happy for them to not be honest - the best advert is when you don't even know it's an ad at all.

That's why the influencer advertising has become so big and that's why it's so dishonest. Neither party gain from being honest about dishing out freebies for grid space - it doesn't make them seem as appealing. It's win win for the influencer and the brand, it's just the unaware consumer that it's so damaging to and the whole thing STINKS.

People are finally starting to wake up to it all though, and when the brands realise that, the whole bubble will burst.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
That's why the influencer advertising has become so big and that's why it's so dishonest. Neither party gain from being honest about dishing out freebies for grid space - it doesn't make them seem as appealing. It's win win for the influencer and the brand, it's just the unaware consumer that it's so damaging to and the whole thing STINKS.
I didn't think of it like that. I've not really thought of these brands as guilty parties, but they are! They benefit from the deceit.

Such a great point. So depressing though, it's so easy to get sucked in, always trying to keep up with RVK and her ilk when the game is rigged in their favour. 🤦‍♀️😥

Reactions: 3
When she puts Affiliate Link on her stories in the style section, is that another way of saying #gifted/ad ?

Reactions: 1
If they swipe up but don’t buy the item do they still get money?
Cookies can stay on the device for up to 30 days after a swipe up, so for eg if grabecca posts a swipe up for ASOS and you buy something within the next 30 days she can earn an
Affiliate % on it.

When she puts Affiliate Link on her stories in the style section, is that another way of saying #gifted/ad ?
Affiliate links should be declared with “ad” too under ASA regulations

Reactions: 2
Cookies can stay on the device for up to 30 days after a swipe up, so for eg if grabecca posts a swipe up for ASOS and you buy something within the next 30 days she can earn an
Affiliate % on it.

Affiliate links should be declared with “ad” too under ASA regulations
Thanks for the clarification. Thankfully I did not swipe up. So sneaky. Perhaps they need reporting too.

Reactions: 3
I find it so distasteful that she posted about it being a ‘bit of a sad day’ as she was going to a funeral, then put stories up of her holiday outfits and then a B&Q ad! She seems to know no shame.

Reactions: 7
I find it so distasteful that she posted about it being a ‘bit of a sad day’ as she was going to a funeral, then put stories up of her holiday outfits and then a B&Q ad! She seems to know no shame.
Yes this. Especially when it turned out to be weird (but we!ll paid) Ben's Nan. It's not someone she calls Auntie because her Mum became friends with them after meeting at the hairdressers. Have some decency!

Reactions: 1
This morning's grid post - 'we wanted our favourite chest of drawers in the baby's room' WTF? who on earth has this sort of mindset?! A baby's bedroom is literally the least used room in a house and will have literally zero appreciation of their parents giving them a nice chest of drawers for at least 30 years!

I thought exactly the same. It’s a very close family member’s funeral and she couldn’t even take the day off ‘work’. Wow.

As she is so dishonest about declaring paid posts and freebies it makes you wonder what else she is dishonest about in her life 🤔

Eugh she’s just a cretin. I bet she voted Tory too, let’s rid the pesky peasants but not before I shill affiliates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.