RVK Loves #11 Save your airmiles Rebecca, there’s a B&Q in Watford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just scraping by 500 likes on that new Instagram photo.. diddums. Thought is was one of my friend's at first. Very surprising for Grabby. Not all squeaky clean is it?
I'm really not a fan of the massive white trainer with dresses trend. Or just those trainers at all. But you'd at least thing she would have them sparkling white. Her style is v strange. Obviously still not saltwater season.
Ooh, I missed the stain.

Not to mention bad parenting advice. If Instagram is her job, at least bloody research before you spout off on something
Exactly this! “As far as I understand...” etc..... Miss smug dishing out advice with her excellent sleeper and avocado porridge weaning inspo. Argh! Making other new parents feel crap since the Royal jelly conception 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I saw her reply about the nap routine. My children are older now but one they were in a routine, they didn't wake for a feed. They were weaned at 16 weeks, as per midwife guidelines. There meals a day and a few milk feeds, why at six months would she still be feeding at 1am? Apologies if this is a normal thing.

Reactions: 5
I saw her reply about the nap routine. My children are older now but one they were in a routine, they didn't wake for a feed. They were weaned at 16 weeks, as per midwife guidelines. There meals a day and a few milk feeds, why at six months would she still be feeding at 1am? Apologies if this is a normal thing.
Most likely a comfort thing? I know it was for my baby but I decided to wean her off the 3am feed around 5 months - reduced it by a minute each night and it was clear on the first night it was comfort more than hunger as she wasn't bothered by it being cut short. I just didnt want to keep feeding at 3am so it was more for my own sanity and to try and get her to sleep through (the 3am wake up sometimes resulted in what we called a cot rave for 2 hours)

Reactions: 2
Its perfectly normal for a breastfed baby to wake in the night for milk. It's perfectly normal for a formula fed baby to as well. It's not unusual.
She seems to be quite happy with their breastfeeding journey so no reason to change it while it works.
Its especially good for babies who are teething, breastmilk contains analgesics so would reduce any teething pain in the night as well as offering comfort, security and nutrition

Reactions: 10
My baby is 9 months, sometimes wakes twice in the night, sometimes wakes 4828483 times 🤷🏻‍♀️
He’s got a consistent nap routine and has taken to food well, he’s just not a very good sleeper! I boob him back to sleep because it’s quicker and easier 😂

Reactions: 11
half the time they are filming the baby awake at 11 and have also started forcing the poor thing to eat baby rice at 12 weeks!
That’s so sad, no way any health visitor has given that advice, why do people stray so far from guidelines!
‘Oh they were grabbing at food so they were ready’, my baby grabs at my wine glass and my car keys- I’m not going to let him loose with my car and a bottle of Rioja ffs 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
This is why portraying a perfect life on social media is so dangerous, particularly when your target audience are other new mums, often feeling inadequate, vulnerable and muddling through as it is.

Frequent night waking and needing milk overnight is perfectly normal. Sometimes a routine and gentle sleep guidance helps, sometimes it doesn't. I had a breastfed baby who slept through (with a dreamfeed) at 6 weeks, and another who didn't sleep through til they were 3 years.

I think if she portrayed more of the realities of life as a (very privileged) first time mum, she would endear herself much more to her followers.

This is why portraying a perfect life on social media is so dangerous, particularly when your target audience are other new mums, often feeling inadequate, vulnerable and muddling through as it is.

Frequent night waking and needing milk overnight is perfectly normal. Sometimes a routine and gentle sleep guidance helps, sometimes it doesn't. I had a breastfed baby who slept through (with a dreamfeed) at 6 weeks, and another who didn't sleep through til they were 3 years.

I think if she portrayed more of the realities of life as a (very privileged) first time mum, she would endear herself much more to her followers.
100%. My 2 and a half year old STILL wakes at least once everynight for breastmilk 🙄 no amount on routine and rules has made any difference. My first child didn't do it, and we've done exactky the same thing with both of them. Kids are all different.

If I hadn't been through it all before, these perfect smug insta mums would break me Im sure.

Exactly this! “As far as I understand...” etc..... Miss smug dishing out advice with her excellent sleeper and avocado porridge weaning inspo. Argh! Making other new parents feel crap since the Royal jelly conception 🤦🏽‍♀️
Good routine? Freya shouldn’t need feeding in the night at her age. I have twins who have slept through from 5-6 months. Dream feed yes, but she absolutely does not need feeding in the night at her age and size.

Reactions: 4
As Becky so wisely says "babies be babies" :sick:

there is no right, or wrong. They are all different. However, most of us, unlike dear Becky, don't give out parenting advice on line.

Its perfectly normal for a breastfed baby to wake in the night for milk. It's perfectly normal for a formula fed baby to as well. It's not unusual.
She seems to be quite happy with their breastfeeding journey so no reason to change it while it works.
Its especially good for babies who are teething, breastmilk contains analgesics so would reduce any teething pain in the night as well as offering comfort, security and nutrition
My children are now adults and the guidelines were completely different back then. I was a strict mum with routines, I had to be as I went back to work in the evenings and wanted them settled before going to work. I did breastfed them both but they were weaned at 16 weeks so there wasn't a need to feed them after a certain time.

Reactions: 3
Don’t hate me coz you ain’t me but one of mine slept through from 3 weeks and the other 6 🤣🙈
I was told by the health visitor my breast milk was gold top #blessed.....BUT one didn’t sleep for 10 bleeping months. Up constantly at night and wouldn’t nap in the day. That did improve but then at 2 decided not to sleep at night again. I nearly lost my mind and had to do controlled crying. Hard times but now a distant memory..... #livingmybestlife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.