Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Near Frome , big massive Georgian pile , needs filling with a shitload of free furniture, lights , sofas etc.

Reactions: 3
I always find it curious how scathing these influencers often are about the Daily Mail (right wing politics, sidebar of shame etc) until they can get favourable coverage in it?

(Haven’t seen anything specific she’s previously said, but it wouldn’t surprise me)

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I don't think she goes by Crilly though, that's just for work. So Ted's surname is most likely her husbands name

This (her latest post) made me cringe:

I think that I’ve mentioned Beauty Pie’s Plantastic Apricot Butter Cleansing Balm before, but it more than deserves its own review post so that I can truly go to town in the rave department.
(What the hell is a rave department? Imagine! Is it part of the local government offering? Does the council have a little section in its open plan offices specifically set aside for administrative tasks related to raving? Or is it more of a sole employee job? I like to think that his name is Tony – no, Tone – and that his job description is raving: the promotion and preservation of. Perhaps there a little sign on his desk that says “Head of Rave Department”. Tone, Head of Raving, spends all of his time at work absolutely spangled, topless, a whistle around his neck and hair drenched in sweat, dancing to tunes that only he can hear as he repeatedly photocopies documents just to see the light go backwards and forwards.
“Tone. Tone mate? Have you got that form BH796 for Mrs Middleton’s Bereavement Allowance? Tone! Tony! Oh never mind. I’ll get it myself

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This (her latest post) made me cringe:

I think that I’ve mentioned Beauty Pie’s Plantastic Apricot Butter Cleansing Balm before, but it more than deserves its own review post so that I can truly go to town in the rave department.
(What the hell is a rave department? Imagine! Is it part of the local government offering? Does the council have a little section in its open plan offices specifically set aside for administrative tasks related to raving? Or is it more of a sole employee job? I like to think that his name is Tony – no, Tone – and that his job description is raving: the promotion and preservation of. Perhaps there a little sign on his desk that says “Head of Rave Department”. Tone, Head of Raving, spends all of his time at work absolutely spangled, topless, a whistle around his neck and hair drenched in sweat, dancing to tunes that only he can hear as he repeatedly photocopies documents just to see the light go backwards and forwards.
“Tone. Tone mate? Have you got that form BH796 for Mrs Middleton’s Bereavement Allowance? Tone! Tony! Oh never mind. I’ll get it myself
Maybe she is trying to create this as an idea so she can add it to her insta bio "head of rave department"

• Haha
I followed Ruth for about 6 or 7 years, becoming really quite bored by her blog after her kids came along. I don't have children and I'm not interested in them. I kept reading her blog out of habit, finally ditching it after the Sali Hughes rant a few weeks ago when I had an epiphany and realised I don't need these strangers telling me what THEY think I should buy, wear, think .... In all those years of reading her blog I had NO idea she wasn't paying at Josh Wood and just how much stuff she was getting for free. It makes me feel duped and that makes me feel angry. I'm disappointed too as I wonder how/why it was so easy to have the wool pulled over my eyes. I had also started to feel really quite disturbed by how much information Ruth shares about her children, it doesn't feel right to me having their faces plastered all over the Internet for god knows who to see. Personally I think there should be laws about exposing children like this.

Reactions: 16
I followed Ruth for about 6 or 7 years, becoming really quite bored by her blog after her kids came along. I don't have children and I'm not interested in them. I kept reading her blog out of habit, finally ditching it after the Sali Hughes rant a few weeks ago when I had an epiphany and realised I don't need these strangers telling me what THEY think I should buy, wear, think .... In all those years of reading her blog I had NO idea she wasn't paying at Josh Wood and just how much stuff she was getting for free. It makes me feel duped and that makes me feel angry. I'm disappointed too as I wonder how/why it was so easy to have the wool pulled over my eyes. I had also started to feel really quite disturbed by how much information Ruth shares about her children, it doesn't feel right to me having their faces plastered all over the Internet for god knows who to see. Personally I think there should be laws about exposing children like this.
Completely agree. funny how her husband doesn’t want to be pictured on the show fest but it is alright for his children to be on there. I feel sorry for them as when they are older all their friends will be able to read about them and their potty training etc This is a massive issue which in the next few years as all the babies of mummy bloggers get older is going to go off like a ticking time bomb. Quite rightly too

Completely agree. funny how her husband doesn’t want to be pictured on the show fest but it is alright for his children to be on there. I feel sorry for them as when they are older all their friends will be able to read about them and their potty training etc This is a massive issue which in the next few years as all the babies of mummy bloggers get older is going to go off like a ticking time bomb. Quite rightly too
You’re so right!
Pretty awful that people can make a living shilling out their kids. The ones that annoy me most for this are the saccone-jolys, those poor kids are on camera every single day.

Surely it can’t be too long before some sort of laws are passed around this, the children cannot consent as they wouldn’t be able to understand what they’re consenting to and there’s a huge difference between a fairly generic / anonymous mum blog vs pictures of the kids all over a blog / instagram account or vlog.

Reactions: 4
You’re so right!
Pretty awful that people can make a living shilling out their kids. The ones that annoy me most for this are the saccone-jolys, those poor kids are on camera every single day.

Surely it can’t be too long before some sort of laws are passed around this, the children cannot consent as they wouldn’t be able to understand what they’re consenting to and there’s a huge difference between a fairly generic / anonymous mum blog vs pictures of the kids all over a blog / instagram account or vlog.
Completely agree. These children have no say in having their pictures posted on the Internet and I think it's wrong from the perspective of consent (how can a very young child understand informed consent!?) and also dangerous. There are some really nasty and disturbed people out there who use pictures of children (however innocent the original pictures may be) for their own uses, it makes me shudder. I would have thought that any parent with an ounce of common sense would think carefully about these things and be very cautious about putting their children's images out there for any old Tom, Dick or Harry to see. I think the law needs to catch up and very quickly too! The fact AMR's husband won't have his own images on her blog, Instagram etc seems so hypocritical to me, I can't quite get my head round why he allows images of his children to be posted willy nilly. 🤔🤔🤔

I think in 10ish years time many of these children will be engaged in lawsuits against their parents (i am thinking like the macauly culkin emancipation one) or they will be doing tbe same as they have no other career option

Completely agree. These children have no say in having their pictures posted on the Internet and I think it's wrong from the perspective of consent (how can a very young child understand informed consent!?) and also dangerous. There are some really nasty and disturbed people out there who use pictures of children (however innocent the original pictures may be) for their own uses, it makes me shudder. I would have thought that any parent with an ounce of common sense would think carefully about these things and be very cautious about putting their children's images out there for any old Tom, Dick or Harry to see. I think the law needs to catch up and very quickly too! The fact AMR's husband won't have his own images on her blog, Instagram etc seems so hypocritical to me, I can't quite get my head round why he allows images of his children to be posted willy nilly. 🤔🤔🤔
especially with the fact that from all of the information many of the families show it is presumably easy to work out where they live/ where the children go to school etc etc

She's updated her pointless "The night feed" app on Android from free to £3.99. Although she's only had between 100-249 downloads for free, so can't see many paying for it.

If she's truthful about numbers this isn't going to make much from all the affiliate links embedded or get the thousands per adtorial she was no doubt after.

She's updated her pointless "The night feed" app on Android from free to £3.99. Although she's only had between 100-249 downloads for free, so can't see many paying for it.

If she's truthful about numbers this isn't going to make much from all the affiliate links embedded or get the thousands per adtorial she was no doubt after.
that must be a mistake surely, who would start charging for a previously free already a
wildly unsuccessful app?!

Reactions: 1
that must be a mistake surely, who would start charging for a previously free already a
wildly unsuccessful app?!
It was always 3.99 on apple. I think it could have been done on purpose for android to get more initial downloads / reviews as Google are more relaxed about the price you can charge.

Still seems like a huge flop if hardly anyone downloaded it for free. Unless all her followers are apple users

It was always 3.99 on apple. I think it could have been done on purpose for android to get more initial downloads / reviews as Google are more relaxed about the price you can charge.

Still seems like a huge flop if hardly anyone downloaded it for free. Unless all her followers are apple users
ah ok.. slightly more logical, although i still don't know who would pay lol. has anyone here downloaded it?

Why would the target market pay £3.99 when they can go to Mumsnet for free

Noticed a post on her site about her son's potty training and how potty training her daughter was a breeze in comparison. Crazy

Another thought. Imagine being wealthy with a successful celebrity photographer husband and a modelling career, earning money on affiliate links, never having to buy beauty products and being sent clothes & household things as well as lucrative sponsored deals and deciding that's not enough. Trying to cash in on the digital era by creating a chargeable and mostly redundant app & using your children's private moments and photos as content. The greed of influencers is staggering and knows no bounds. Capitalism at its worst

Last edited:
  • Wow
Why would the target market pay £3.99 when they can go to Mumsnet for free

Noticed a post on her site about her son's potty training and how potty training her daughter was a breeze in comparison. Crazy

Another thought. Imagine being wealthy with a successful celebrity photographer husband and a modelling career, earning money on affiliate links, never having to buy beauty products and being sent clothes & household things as well as lucrative sponsored deals and deciding that's not enough. Trying to cash in on the digital era by creating a chargeable and mostly redundant app & using your children's private moments and photos as content. The greed of influencers is staggering and knows no bounds. Capitalism at its worst
she will be one of the most interesting to watxh when her children finally realise what she is doing imo

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.