Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to love Ruth but she tries so desperately hard to be funny and kooky. Think I preferred her when she wasn't so heavy with the faux self deprecation.

Reactions: 5
Her hint that their threat of a terrible customer review isn’t working suggests that AMR and Husband have illusions of her Insta status being a bargaining tool but the company clearly doesn't give a tit 😁.

Reality bites .
These people are used to getting things for free and treated like a VIP.

I wonder if the odd time they have to pay for something they expect to be treated like royalty?

Reactions: 2
Has she ever said where in Somerset she lives?

They used to live in Leytonstone and someone here said mendip. So I guess Frome area?

Her nightfeed app seems so unnecessary. It's just 4 calming tracks to play, a timer and a blog all put into an app.

For the relaxing background music and timer there's loads of far better apps out there. Then all you're left with is a blog and that obviously is the whole point of the app - to place in affiliate links (which suprise suprise aren't declared in blog posts) and put in sponsored content.

Looks like she funded it herself, although it's pretty basic so wouldn't have taken a developer more than a 2 weeks to make if they were given enough information. If she ever does get a few thousand users she can recoup the cost with one sponsored article. Getting lots of free press to promote it. Lots of the comments look like shills, but that's common place.

Reactions: 3
I asked my friend who develops apps how much it would cost to make. He said 2k tops as most of it is off the shelf stuff pre made that would take a few hours to configure.

She could easily hoodwink brands and turn this into a money spinner.

It's free on Android but 3.99 on apple, what a rip off! It's not even worth it for free.

I asked my friend who develops apps how much it would cost to make. He said 2k tops as most of it is off the shelf stuff pre made that would take a few hours to configure.

She could easily hoodwink brands and turn this into a money spinner.

It's free on Android but 3.99 on apple, what a rip off! It's not even worth it for free.
I still follow Ruth and looked at her app page as she’s been plugging it for a few months now; £3.99😳, cheeky mare! I bet she’ll get a few impressionable mums hoovering up her every word.

Reactions: 1
The app has had over 1000 android downloads. I wonder how many are actually using it and if 98% opened it once then never again.

Nice review from a family member
Screenshot_2019-09-25-09-40-37-570_com.android.vending.jpg

Has she deleted her home ac ?
God no! Even though the house was all done up before she moved in she still wants to get as much for free as she can https://www.instagram.com/casacrilly/

I can’t watch her anymore, she is just a walking advert now. Does this woman actually buy anything? Moved into a country pile, but constantly moans about how cold it is, how much the oil costs to heat it , how draughty it is, stuffing the window frames with toilet roll to keep out ladybirds 🙄🙄. Sofa, free, Brinton’s carpets, free, holiday breaks, press trips, beauty products, clothes, her spectacles, her hair cut/colour, all the pr gifts we don’t see declared.....it’s obscene. Had to unsubscribe when she was doing the whole fishing/low key begging for wall lights...ones she wanted were around £360 each......she needed six of them. Just greedy, grabbing and devoid of any integrity.
Who'd of thought a 6 bedroom Georgian house would be cold and expensive to heat :LOL: . Unless they got really good deal (doubtfull a few years ago) I bet it's worth a lot less in today's buyers market.

Last edited:
I think they paid £1.6 million for it? I might be remembering incorrectly but it was that order of magnitude.

• Wow
They paid 600k more than the person that bought it in 2014! House prices went up a tiny bit not 60% in 3 years. They've overpaid for that house for sure. Does everyone from London think Somerset is Frome lol?

It’s a lovely house, but jeez, I’ll never use one of her affiliate links.

Wow. Imagine having that ridiculously easy life and whinging when you need to be held accountable for something. They’ve gotten away in the land of freebies and unicorns for too long and they are basically all completely bonkers and unrelatable.
They don’t want us to know how much of their “advice” is add because we can’t trust any of their recommendations, ever.
👏👏👏 @amodelrecommendsifpayedhandsomely

• Haha
I see she is flogging some new dress, but the insta post says not an ad, just gifted, well why go the trouble of getting your photographer husband to take loads of arty shots of you in it.... the simple answer is so that you can keep getting tit for free so in my opinion it is an ad.

Haven't watched her in months but I started watching her about 8 years ago when she lived in London. I really liked her then. She seemed very down to earth etc. About 6 or 7 years ago she did this little competition where you could win a bottle of this face oil and I entered - it was no big deal. Just put your name down and I will send it to you if you are the winner kind of thing. Next thing I know, she emails me telling me I have won it! So for that, I will always think of her fondly. But she can be a dick at times.

Is it me, or is her blog a total snooze-fest now? If you’re not into updates about her children (I’m not), there’s an awful lot to skip.

I find it impossible to wrap my head around the concept of a business where 100% of profits go to charity, but you are gifting influencers entire bundles of said product? Why don’t they just send one?

I get that #gifting products raises the profile but why do people like Ruth need SEVEN of the same thing? That’s £200 worth of fabric pouches. Isn’t that denying the charity proceeds? I’m genuinely baffled. Do the influencers donate to charity direct in lieu of not purchasing the pouches? Or just feel as though they are doing charitable work by promoting them? And they wonder why cynicism towards influencers is spreading like wildfire...

6FEFAFCC-F2B1-426A-B09E-17F8EA9C4BB4.png

Reactions: 5
And here she is in yesterdays Mail Online, shilling her app. Didn't someone say it would take just one sponned article to get it up and running?
Funny that most of the comments obvs don't know who the heck she is and ask why she called her son Ted Crilly, after Father Ted.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
‘Ted Crilly’ omg, hahaha 😂

Don’t these people have Google? Shame she didn’t think to use an already established parenting app like MN for an opinion on her new baby name. They’d have made the connection straight away. I love the baby name threads on MN, they’re vicious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.