Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand now why she started talking about her love of interiors ; that Georgian like pile she moved into will be hugely expensive to fill with furniture unless you can wangle a few freebies here and there.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
AMR- latest post (which is obviously an #AD for fellow flogger Trinny) " contains gifted items and affiliate links" and that is that.
Influencers do not have to follow CMA rulings because it upsets them too much.
I'm curious to see if CMA will accept this cop out or the likes of RC will be forced to adhere to the rulings.
Will have to ask them.

Reactions: 3
"I'm going to be working with" sounds exactly like an AD, they come across as so bitter and passive aggressive.

Is there going to be a petulant little disclaimer every time they are required to actually stick to the rules?

Reactions: 7
It’s hilarious watching one spoilt influencer after another throw their toys out of the pram over this. They have completely lost all perspective - it’s a small tightening of rules on the hoardes stuff they either get for free or are paid crazy sums to promote. And it’s not like thats going to change. All they are asking for is a hashtag ffs you privileged knobs.

Reactions: 18

Yel

The problem is they're used to sly ways and being rewarded very well. They came to see that as the norm.

When it was never going to last. Rather than just admitting they lucked out and made a fortune while regulations were catching up they act like spoilt brats.

She's been posting several times this week about a lamp from John Lewis, asking them for advice. Obviously just a thirsty attempt to get a freebie. Then goes on so many have been asking about her lamp. Then posts links to the lamp and more droning on about. It's pathetic and transparent.

Reactions: 9
When your biggest woe is the fact that nearly all your belongings are gifted and therefore all need tagged so that your advertising is clear, it’s time to have a word with yourself.
In my opinion there are two options.
  1. accept the privilege that you have and get tagging, as required by law.
  2. close your account and stop accepting items, when you need something new go and buy it!

Simple really!

Reactions: 16
When your biggest woe is the fact that nearly all your belongings are gifted and therefore all need tagged so that your advertising is clear, it’s time to have a word with yourself.
In my opinion there are two options.
  1. accept the privilege that you have and get tagging, as required by law.
  2. close your account and stop accepting items, when you need something new go and buy it!
Simple really!
You would think so wouldn't you but the entitlement with these ones is strong. They actually feel hard done by. They have been shady and greedy for so long they don't know what is normal any more.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Today's gifted sample seems to say in the background blurb "a high stress lifestyle can make you look 3.5 years older" how will a cream help with that?

The gifted seems to be getting smaller with every day

I've had a response from CMA regards RC's idiotic posts copied by Yel at the beginning of this thread. I also complained about the free haircuts/treatments which are not disclosed as such, that she has been plugging for years. Amongst other things.
Probably their standard generic email stating that they will be investigating, but not updating me. Links were included but not actually any use. Also I will not be informed of the outcome.
Basically they are too busy to respond to everyone.
Time will tell if amr starts being honest on her posts regards freebie hair appointments.
They are too busy to keep updating everyone who complains. That's the only positive. People are fed up and aren't letting this deceitful practice continue.
I don't follow amr now as the lying/failure to disclose #AD # paidpartnership was way more than I'd assumed.
I've always had a problem with the way she uses her children for monetary gain while her husband is able to maintain his privacy. That RC cannot even afford her own children the same respect is shocking. Money first then.

Reactions: 6
Oh glad you did that. Hopefully she'll get the wind put up her over it. What IS wrong with both her and Lily Pebbles? Are they the two worst for moaning and being self pitying over the law? Acting like they are doing us a favour when they actually bother to be law abiding?

Reactions: 4
Thanks Jellybean. I've decided the ones who moan the most have been given so much free stuff ( undisclosed) that even they are embarrassed. Probably worried their sheep will wake up to how greedy and dishonest they have been.
If you can't afford a certain lifestyle without begging freebies stop bragging. You do just end up looking like idiotic showoffs.

Tbf Lily's great chum Anna (who I actually like as a person but rarely watch as her content isn't for me) last time I checked had sucked it up and was clearly declaring gifts/ads (of which there were a lot) without the obligatory passive aggressive moan. Could be wrong as I don't look often. So it is possible Lily. If you aren't sneaky and entitled I think people would give you more of a by ball.

Yel

She's talking about a deal she did, taging things she has a business relationship with but no ad anywhere in sight

Reactions: 1
Oh wow this thread has opened my eyes a bit. I always thought she was one of the good ones ??‍♀
Though to be fair I haven’t watched her in a little while. She seems really scatty & unorganised, it started to bug me watching her lol

Still avoiding actually saying AD, must be such a jungle when so much of your life is freebies

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Still avoiding actually saying AD, must be such a jungle when so much of your life is freebies
View attachment 5779
Press sample!! Pull the other one!! Boden didn’t send her a £140 jumper as a press sample!!did she review it on their website?? Nor is it a gift!!

Your Granny might send you a jumper as a gift but now a huge company!!

It’s a cheap ad/product placement!! AD!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Yel

Shes given up with even saying gifted let alone ad. Now it's just called a press trip

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.