Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
How much for a tree? Wtf? And you know whats even worse......Ruth will most likely replace it next year because it won't be right. That is crazy, some folks wouldn't even have that sort of money for their entire Christmas budget, of course that's not Ruth's problem but still, maybe read the room. Honestly! Sorry for the rant, I have a comfortable existence but I wouldn't dream of carrying on like this because I understand other people may not, its extremely dickish behaviour in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LaTela

Chatty Member
Can she just shut up about her bloody artificial Christmas trees. It’s not funny or entertaining to hear a very privileged person moan about delivery times for multiple expensive Christmas trees that she doesn’t even want or need. Gah.
£2,229 for a Christmas tree. How out of touch is she? Silly moo.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

happyforest

Chatty Member
I don't know. Her AF linkage (terminology?) shows me this is her job. End of. She isn't trying to be chatty or social, she's hustling. Perhaps they aren't as minted as they seem, or don't have retirement locked down, or hell, maybe she just wants more expensive tat for the house and Mr AMR has told her she has to pay for it herself. We'll never know. The only thing I feel with certainty is that anyone on social media that "influences" isn't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts to connect with the unwashed masses. They're sales people through and through. I think that's why there were so many temper tantrums when the rules changed for declaring ads, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

BigMavis

VIP Member
Ruth used to be great. My first love on YouTube.
Either she changed or I did. Can't fathom it.

Reactions: 17

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I posted this on the Hirons thread about Ruth and her posting of that affiliate link:

I've totally lost all respect for Ruth Shilly. She's married to a very successful celebrity photographer, has a lucrative and successful career of her own, is clearly minted. I've nothing against anyone wanting to make more money for doing something useful but she wants to make money by doing naff all except posting an AF link on Instagram for the Hirons kits. At some point do these people not turn around and say to themselves I have more than most people do in their wildest dreams, do I really need to bother with that AF link?!

• Heart
  • Sad

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
And she’s a bit too in love with that *qUIrKy* ditzy *so relatable LOOK I’m such a frazzled mum but I’m still so fUnNy* internet persona she’s come up with. Shame.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
And these influencers are the loudest to shout ‘let’s get the old Instagram back’. They are the ones who turned it into a fucking QVC channel? Selfish, greedy morons.

• Heart
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Previous thread here!

Thanks to um, me and @NotDumbNotBlonde for the thread title!

This may be one of the slowest moving influencer threads on Tattle, the first one was started in 2019!

Ruth is now shilling TVs in between the million renovations she always seems to have going on and oaf in chief Caroline Hirons has moved into her previous house.

And speaking of Hirons, Hirons has given her best mate Ruth an affiliate code for her Black Friday kits so the very wealthy Ruth can make some more money on the back of Hirons freaks!

• Sick
  • Heart

LovelyDay

Thanks for new thread. I’ve followed Ruth for years, since the days of her beautiful gold wallpaper background 😁 but all her content now is just the same favourites on repeat or shilling ads. I no longer watch her videos or read her newsletter.

• Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
so did I, initially when I started following her (until the new rules came in) I had no idea that the recommendations for things she made weren't ads/sponsored. Seems pretty naive of me looking back on it
  • :ROFLMAO:
I still dip into this thread for a read but haven’t commented for ages, as I’m not really too bothered about her house renovation etc.

The reason I joined the thread at the beginning was because I followed her and liked her, but was really disappointed when she had the hissy fit over the change in advertising rules. I saw a different side to Ruth. She was so entitled and I couldn’t believe she thought she was above doing as the ASA were asking (along with the rest of the Gleam crew, and certain others 🙄). I don’t think it’s too much to ask to label an advert as such, but the way she (and the others) began calling things #presstreatments and #presssamples, etc. anything rather than #ad, just appears petty and entitled. It’s still an advert, so use the correct term. Yet they keep doing it, and nobody pulls them up on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
She started trying to sound posh when they moved to Somerset. I used to like her blog but it turned sour in the first lockdown. While people were barely able to get hold of everyday necessities in the pandemic she ranted how long it took to get an antique cabinet shipped from Belgium. Then she moaned how people dared to take walks in the woods near her house. (Maybe they don’t their own land to walk on like she does?)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Can she just shut up about her bloody artificial Christmas trees. It’s not funny or entertaining to hear a very privileged person moan about delivery times for multiple expensive Christmas trees that she doesn’t even want or need. Gah.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Lilas

Ick. Cringing. Read the room, Ruth!

She has never struggled, ever. Ruth went from college her parents paid for to modeling. Then married a successful photographer. She moves house on a whim when she feels like it, has remodeling as a hobby, and dabbles in ads for extra income just to say "I do something for work." So out of touch.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Jfc that is appalling. Using the cost of living crisis as joke fodder for your sky mobile ad?? There are so many people on the very edge right now. Seriously fuck her. Sky mobile would have signed it off so they can fuck off as well

• Angry

peebleweeble

Has anyone seen the latest ad from Ruth? Really tone deaf. Acting out being troubled by the cost of living crisis which clearly isn’t a problem for her. Really thoughtless.

• Wow
  • Sick

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Ugh. She was one of the remaining few influencers I actually liked but she has been acting like a clueless twit a lot over the last few years. This takes the biscuit. Also Ruth, please stop trying to be funny, you really aren't

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The other thing to remember about Ruth is that she wasn't as honest as she liked to make it. When 'ad' labelling requirements were brought it she was one of the loudest to criticise it, I'm not sure why

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Silverback

VIP Member
I looked through her insta a few days ago and ended up watching a video of her in her hotel room in London, talking about how she bought a duck wrap from pret for lunch and how she had forgotten to bring her pants on the trip, so went to Calvin Klein to buy more. She then hiked her dress up and pulled said pants on to model for her viewers. I was like wtf am I watching?! I don’t need to see you try pants on!!

• Wow
  • Haha

Silverback

VIP Member
I really enjoyed her blog back in the day when it was amodelrecommends. She came across as very normal and down to earth- still a working model albeit married to a monied photographer. I can’t deal with how much she has lost touch with normal life and is buying xmas trees for thousands of pounds and making ‘funny’ content.

• Heart