Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He gets MUCH more flak on Twitter than most on here. Loads I follow are always slating him/laughing at him. If you search for him there’s more stuff slagging him off than praising him.

Reactions: 13
He gets MUCH more flak on Twitter than most on here. Loads I follow are always slating him/laughing at him. If you search for him there’s more stuff slagging him off than praising him.
On a tangent but once at work my friend (in a diff department, creative) had a job application from someone who featured their blog and Twitter on their CV. Both were active with a following so kinda made sense but the content was actively terrifying, just quite dark/conspiratorial, we were scared laughing about the whole thing and my friend would email through new blog posts like thank god :/.

The sad thing was he was clearly talented and otherwise would have likely got through interview but the very intense internet presence was just too much. Same with Jack I wonder if these people clock that their audiences are causing them to self destruct? Neither that bloke, Russ, or Jack can lead normal/optimal lives now because of the digital footprint they’ve left behind…?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
On a tangent but once at work my friend (in a diff department, creative) had a job application from someone who featured their blog and Twitter on their CV. Both were active with a following so kinda made sense but the content was actively terrifying, just quite dark/conspiratorial, we were scared laughing about the whole thing and my friend would email through new blog posts like thank god :/.

The sad thing was he was clearly talented and otherwise would have likely got through interview but the very intense internet presence was just too much. Same with Jack I wonder if these people clock that their audiences are causing them to self destruct? Neither that bloke, Russ, or Jack can lead normal/optimal lives now because of the digital footprint they’ve left behind…?
I’ve seen this happen too. We had a link to a CV that was hosted on something like personsname.com/cv. All very nice and professional, but of course we clicked on the rest of the website. It had a personal blog which had some really horrible stuff about self harm and a page of their poetry which was just odd. And it of course linked to their Twitter which had a bio of ‘here’s a list of all the ailments I suffer from’, which would just put off anyone looking to hire someone.

I can excuse the older millennials doing this kind of thing because in our day, we didn’t know the internet was forever. It was a fun novelty thing and we all over shared. But you’d think we would have got the message by now.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I bet he loves a bit of nightmeat. I can imagine him ending up in the supermarket at 5 to 10 on the regular.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve seen this happen too. We had a link to a CV that was hosted on something like personsname.com/cv. All very nice and professional, but of course we clicked on the rest of the website. It had a personal blog which had some really horrible stuff about self harm and a page of their poetry which was just odd. And it of course linked to their Twitter which had a bio of ‘here’s a list of all the ailments I suffer from’, which would just put off anyone looking to hire someone.
I was helping a friend with a website for a project of hers. Three of the four team members had proper bios that talked about their professional experience, and one just had "X is autistic and comes from a working class background. They are non-binary (they/them)."

The really sad thing is that the person in question actually had decent professional experience, and could have (and eventually did) whipped up an appropriate bio, but that was their first instinct?!

I really feel that social media has blurred the line between private and public, personal and professional, way too much. In fact dear old Russ is a great example of this. The initial incel blogs were written under a pseudonym, but he was sharing photos on his Twitter and linking to the blogs, so even then, he wasn't really trying to stay private. Then he changed his Twitter name to his real name, and now he will be Captain Rear Foo Foo for eternity.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I knew a guy just like Russ. For my shame, I dated him. He spent ages watching YouTube videos on “technique” and “what women want” and had a blog about dating and how to be a successful dater/ flirt.

He used to strut round like an actual bleeping peacock.

He also would openly flirt with other women in front of me. If I called it out, he said it was practice for his blog/ technique/ etc etc.

If a man approached me in the pub he would immediately peacock over and become overtly PDA with me to make sure it was quite clear I was not available. It used to really, REALLY frustrate me that he would project this single persona quite happily himself, but absolutely HATED if another man so much as sniffed in my direction.

Russ gives me the same vibes. What’s fine for him is not fine for his poor, captured, meek lady friend. I would hazard a guess he’s a bit of a bully and a gaslighter in relationships.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Russ gives me the same vibes. What’s fine for him is not fine for his poor, captured, meek lady friend. I would hazard a guess he’s a bit of a bully and a gaslighter in relationships.
Definitely a put money/effort* in, get sex out type.
*Effort being a variable concept in this scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Rear Admiral is planning a positively hil-ari-ous riot.

Be warned this is sooooo funny, you might do yourself a serious mischief.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

What is it with liberal blue tickers thinking a riot is a cute little day out 😭 The way they think they'd be at the forefront making the tea and offering around bournons when in the reality they'd be Caitlin Moran circa 2011 calling for the met police or Jack Monroe suing someone for thinking she vandalised a war memorial.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Forget the eyeroll everyone wants, we're gonna desperately need a yawn reaction if the Russ threads get much traction.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What is it with liberal blue tickers thinking a riot is a cute little day out 😭 The way they think they'd be at the forefront making the tea and offering around bournons when in the reality they'd be Caitlin Moran circa 2011 calling for the met police or Jack Monroe suing someone for thinking she vandalised a war memorial.
If Enid Blyton organised a riot. #japes

Tbf I think that's the point of his twitter post, but it's just not that funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m blocked so I don’t know what this was in response to but if we get to a second thread this is a title nomination for sure

F010EF15-2FFE-4A8D-A405-D1D6DE3F8A6F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.