Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hadn’t heard of this guy until seeing this thread a day or so ago, but he is now being “suggested” on my Twitter page because I follow two people who follow him (obviously I need to curate my feed better than I do).

His latest tweet posted just a few hours ago has a lot of RTs, presumably because it’s all about how the Tories are Bad. I do also dislike the Tories as it happens actually, but I also intensely dislike tweet threads crafted by their authors to fit a certain narrative by use of selective sources (some people have pointed out places the data is inaccurate or referenced incorrectly too) in order to “do numbers.”

Reactions: 22
I hadn’t heard of this guy until seeing this thread a day or so ago, but he is now being “suggested” on my Twitter page because I follow two people who follow him (obviously I need to curate my feed better than I do).

His latest tweet posted just a few hours ago has a lot of RTs, presumably because it’s all about how the Tories are Bad. I do also dislike the Tories as it happens actually, but I also intensely dislike tweet threads crafted by their authors to fit a certain narrative by use of selective sources (some people have pointed out places the data is inaccurate or referenced incorrectly too) in order to “do numbers.”
What I've found really interesting watching Russell's apparent grift play out is how many random people I follow on Twitter (people with popular followings in the 10s of thousands across just general British culture and more specific spheres eg Medtwitter) have engaging with the grifting call outs. It's a nice change to Jack, seeing people who I consider 'my' mainstream be readily critical of him and to have clearly felt that way a while. I think its really difficult to curate any kind of social media feed that doesn't end up being a bit of an echo chamber e.g. I follow a lot of left wing people/causes and inevitably I do get Russ in Cheshire posts appearing on my feed regularly too, commented on or liked by other people I follow. So to see the antagonism as readily has been refreshing.

Reactions: 22
Hello I’m just settling in. Still thinking JM but this character is worth the wait I’m sure 👋🏼 chapeau

Reactions: 13
So there I was, sitting in my one of my favourite restaurants, doodling away on the napkin - tits and fannies if you must know, but it’s my RIGHT as a MAN and that’s feminism, baby - slowly nursing a little chub as I did so. My doodles were turning me on, you see, because I’m a powerfully sexual man in a lot of ways that I don’t like to talk about, but if you’re a sexy lady I will, whether you want to or not.

Anyway, I was sitting there, and I noticed a table across the way, with six youngish lads all having something of a low-key, but clearly heated argument. Aha, I thought, this is a job for me, because I’m all about solutions, I look at problems, size up the data, and then fix it. I’ve had decades of experience, for which I’ve been paid various amounts of money. So I thought ‘You know, Russell, old boy (not ‘old chap’, which is what I call my erection), you could do these lads a solid. That’s right, SOLID. Just like when I slip it in.

So I went over, sat down with them, and found out they were a boyband from Korea - I knew they weren’t ‘local’ - I mean, I’d do the ‘slitty-eyes’ movement here, but no doubt I’d get cancelled for that. Now, usually I have no time for music like that - I’ve been around that world a LOT, and know everything about it, and boybands and the people who like them are stupid. They’re stupid people. What I mean is, they (the people who like that music) are a lot less scientifically intelligent than me (Russell), because they are stupid and I am not. Very few people are as intelligent as me, of course, it’s just a measurable fact. Like the length of my penis, the one which wakes me up every morning and have to spank until it cries at me.

It seems they were unhappy with one of their members, and were looking to replace him. Well, I thought, from what they were saying, this J-Hope lad sounded like he was a stupid person, one of ‘The Stupids’, as I call nearly everyone. And as it happened, I thought I could bring a special twist to these boys special blend of hip-hop, R&B and light rock, along with some obviously much-needed intelligence. I suggested this, and they all looked at each other enthusiastically, and instantly agreed. At this point I was very much needed to have a Number One (a prelude to the many Number Ones we’d all have together), and went to have one, holding my penis as I did so. Things were changing for ol’Russ, I thought. All of this UX stuff I’m so amazingly good at was about to stand for Unbelievable luXury!

But when I got back to the table, they’d all gone. It must have been too much for them as a concept, and I later found out they’d patched it up with the other bloke and gone on to unbelievable success. But, and I like to duck ladies, for a moment I was the seventh member of BTS. As it turned out, I think all that travel and money and youthful groupies and success and youthful groupies and sex and youthful groupies would have been a bit much, so I’m glad it didn’t happen.

Or do I cry myself to sleep over it every night? Relentlessly. OH WHO CAN TELL! Not me. I’m just over here, designing some UX. As you do.

My penis.

i love this so much man, i’m pretty drunk and read this like 3 times and laughed a lot - thank you 🥹

• Haha
Reactions: 12
duck me this guys exhausting. And not in the way he thinks he is either the dirty little bugger!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
9A53D6BD-20FA-4A29-8965-F4E99C5C50D1.jpeg

🙄🙄🙄

Is he poor fishing with this, too? Like idk if it’s just another dig at pop culture/traditionally women’s interests being below him or if he’s seriously suggesting money is so tight he can’t have a rain coat?

Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to any 20 somethings this man is selling dreams to tbh 😳😱

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1433064

🙄🙄🙄

Is he poor fishing with this, too? Like idk if it’s just another dig at pop culture/traditionally women’s interests being below him or if he’s seriously suggesting money is so tight he can’t have a rain coat?

Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to any 20 somethings this man is selling dreams to tbh 😳😱
Yeah, he's not like other boys, he has better things to think about than skinny jeans and loafers.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Is it aloofness towards triviality of clothes and fashion/a “dog whistle” style I’m too tough and primal to need weather appropriate clothing OR a man baby flex like those pickup artists brandishing a poorly bandaged finger on a date in an attempt to stir our maternals

eta I’ve had coffee and sugar past bedtime, punctuation no longer exists 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There was a bit in Louis CK’s show (before he was cancelled) where his luggage was lost, so he just goes to a local store and chucks several black tees and the same jeans into his basket. It’s not as clever or unique as he thinks. Most of us have a go-to uniform of sorts.

Reactions: 10
I think its a "I would rather spend my time on doing something useful like reading important books (that you probably haven't read), instead of wasting it on choosing outfits" thing.

Then he'll mansplain the book and tell you that you probably won't understand it anyway. If you have read the book and have a more intelligent take on it he'll call you a slut, and besides he doesn't even fancy you anyway.

Incel 101.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1433064

🙄🙄🙄

Isn't this quite normal clothing choices for a lot of men? My husband does that and doesn't remotely consider himself a bit wierd or quirky :sick: in fact he'd be horrified.
Argh SM is the worst for people thinking quite standard basic things are so unique and edgy.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, he's not like other boys
Haha, snap. I was just about to post the 'not like other boys' comment, but you got there first.

Is it aloofness towards triviality of clothes and fashion/a “dog whistle” style I’m too tough and primal to need weather appropriate clothing OR a man baby flex like those pickup artists brandishing a poorly bandaged finger on a date in an attempt to stir our maternals
Possibly all three, but I'm leaning towards the first one. After reading parts of his scroll of sexism blog, I imagine he's the kind of guy who thinks fashion is superficial and the people (mainly women) who care about it are shallow and beneath his level of intellect. Unfortunately, I've met a few men like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh my god, just what the world needs, another man who thinks he is above the frivolity of dressing nice or enjoying clothes, while not understanding that flaunting that attidue (not the disinterest) is a vanity itself.

"I am soooo unusual and a real weirdo. I read books and don't care about fashion, so I am smarter and more intelligent than other men. Now please clap".

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Screenshot_20220721-091636_Chrome.jpg

He clearly owns multiple non-identical shirts as well as hoodies, jackets, etc, the lying duck. 😂 You're not Steve Jobs, Russ!

The big vibe I get from Russ is the "I'm not shallow enough to care about appearances" thing, which a) allows him to sneer at silly superficial women who want to - gasp - look good, and b) gives him an excuse to take no care of his appearance* because he's just too deep.

He CLEARLY has the look of a man with a wild mane of untamed pubes he expects you to navigate uncomplainingly

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
View attachment 1433706

He clearly owns multiple non-identical shirts as well as hoodies, jackets, etc, the lying duck. 😂 You're not Steve Jobs, Russ!

The big vibe I get from Russ is the "I'm not shallow enough to care about appearances" thing, which a) allows him to sneer at silly superficial women who want to - gasp - look good, and b) gives him an excuse to take no care of his appearance* because he's just too deep.

He CLEARLY has the look of a man with a wild mane of untamed pubes he expects you to navigate uncomplainingly
nah I reckon he is a shaver as it makes you look bigger 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Are there any pics without the facial hair? He’s one of those guys who considers his beard part of his personality isn’t he? I bet if he shaved it off he’d look like Gail from Corrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Putting this behind a spoiler, because I don't want to provide any misinformation, but I think there is a strong chance that I knew this guy many moons ago...

This would have been somewhere between 2006-2009, my prime 'Big Going Out' years, and my memory is hazy of much of that time (happy days!). The Russ I knew had a girlfriend who was friends with my friend, so I knew them a little bit and probably met them 10ish times and went to a couple of their parties.
What I can remember:
He looked v. similar to Russ in Cheshire and had that same 'totally met Oasis' vibe.
His girlfriend was an absolutely gorgeous, Kate Winslet in Titanic type, and he talked a lot about her lovely curves (urgh), she'd have been a similar age to us so 23-24. He encouraged her not to work and to follow her art.
He drove a very fancy car, I think a BMW but cars are not my strongpoint.
They lived in a very swish flat somewhere near Canal Street
He was definitely an IT guy and said he owned his own business. They certainly spent a lot.

They were swingers, and we once awkwardly stayed a bit longer than we'd intended at what turned into a sex party and had to sneak off. His and his girlfriend's agreement was that they would only swing at parties. He inevitably cheated on her, and then when she found out, kicked her out like a super feminist.

Anyway, not conclusive, I wouldn't want to swear that they were one and the same guy, but the alternative is that there are two of them out there.

TOOT TOOT

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.