Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the MP is suing anyone (blueticks/big accounts?) who doesn’t tweet an apology and also donate £5k to charity. I know Sue Perkins and Alistair Campbell have done that.

Reactions: 8
I think the MP is suing anyone (blueticks/big accounts?) who doesn’t tweet an apology and also donate £5k to charity. I know Sue Perkins and Alistair Campbell have done that.
Actually quite smart of the MP for these high profile people to have to cough up, particularly as it seems he does regular fundraisers which the photos in question were from

Actually quite smart of the MP for these high profile people to have to cough up, particularly as it seems he does regular fundraisers which the photos in question were from

Reactions: 12
Ah thank you! So the dev/analyst stuff is grossly overstated lol, but even so you’re looking around £50k going by averages, as you can see it does skew a bit lower. But unlikely to be over £60k.

View attachment 1421232

Personally haven’t ever heard of UX designers earning much more than £40/50k, even in tech firms. He is freelance tho so may be able to tip it a bit over. Personally wouldn’t be choosing to buy a car equal to 100% of my single income household’s take home but to each their own.
I only know about the freelance side (I was a freelancer myself and did lots of networking, so am going by word of mouth, as well as helping hire freelancers as part of bigger projects). When looking for a UX designer, I’d never expect to see less than a £400 day rate. In fact, I’d probably be suspicious if someone charged less than that! I think the highest I saw was a day rate of £600 for someone who had years of experience. Freelancers don’t get solid work, but even if he only worked half the year he’d be getting 50k gross. So, top 10% of earners.

The cheapest leasing deal I can find on a Tesla is £475 a month. When I bought my very standard, reliable, unsexy car, my payments were half that. A couple of years and he could have saved 5k for rainy days, such as… I dunno, when someone tries to sue him?

Reactions: 16
Maybe if it's aimed at celebrities, but I think saying that to randoms is essentially blackmail, because it's saying "give money (that you might not have) to charity or I'll bankrupt you through the courts".

Reactions: 7
Maybe if it's aimed at celebrities, but I think saying that to randoms is essentially blackmail, because it's saying "give money (that you might not have) to charity or I'll bankrupt you through the courts".
Then again the Mp may have just targeted the celebrities and rear foo foo has just acted like billy big balls on twitter to build his profile.

Reactions: 12
So this neckbeard would show up in my feed once in a while as a retweet and I never paid any attention to him but then the blog thing came up a couple of weeks ago and my skin took instant leave of my body and crawled out the door.

Imagine my shock and astonishment at learning he's another twittergrifter. Why, I never.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This guy is such a twit. Truly appalling political commentator, and his attitude towards women is arse-inverting.

Reactions: 19
Then again the Mp may have just targeted the celebrities and rear foo foo has just acted like billy big balls on twitter to build his profile.
This is a good point. In Alistair Campbell’s tweet, it sounded like he was offering to donate to a charity of choice rather than being forced into it. Sue Perkins was a bit vague about it. The news outlets don’t seem to have much detail about the fiasco.

Did the tweet originate from Mr Foofoo? If he was the creator of it, rather than just some idiot who retweeted, then he should absolutely be made to apologise for it and feel lucky he’s not been hauled into court. A screenshot of the tweet with the author removed is still doing the rounds and people are posting it unchallenged.

Reactions: 9
I only know about the freelance side (I was a freelancer myself and did lots of networking, so am going by word of mouth, as well as helping hire freelancers as part of bigger projects). When looking for a UX designer, I’d never expect to see less than a £400 day rate. In fact, I’d probably be suspicious if someone charged less than that! I think the highest I saw was a day rate of £600 for someone who had years of experience. Freelancers don’t get solid work, but even if he only worked half the year he’d be getting 50k gross. So, top 10% of earners.

The cheapest leasing deal I can find on a Tesla is £475 a month. When I bought my very standard, reliable, unsexy car, my payments were half that. A couple of years and he could have saved 5k for rainy days, such as… I dunno, when someone tries to sue him?
Tbh duck knows what he does - stalked his Twitter earlier and saw him refer to himself as a data scientist…? Tbh that term is so mis/overused anyway, but suspect he pulls out whichever job title best supports his tweet’s point.

He also said his best year was £80k, normally it’s £40k. The difference would make sense with a book launch, surely? He’s on a 25 year mortgage term which he says will mean higher repayments… barely tho hun? A standard FTB term is 30 years! And apparently the Tesla is 12% of what he spent on a peaugot and all its petrol. Amazed he’s driving this much as a desk worker who we can only assume is remote/hybrid? All very odd. Will be watching with interest 😳

Okay so done a bit of research, think it’s safe to say he’s actually a UX/UI designer but likes to pull rank on people by pretending to be a dev/analyst…? Which is sad as it shows immense insecurity, if he was interested in learning he could easily upskill into either of those roles. But sorry to offend anyone a UXer calling themselves a web dev is a vast overstatement.

30CDCC8D-5388-43FA-8ED1-562857F96C75.jpeg
4F6D0CC2-AD70-454F-902D-8923468DC0E1.jpeg
9B8A589D-5061-4892-A8B5-C00EF00ADFE9.jpeg
2F1105C4-E4E2-4BDB-B0F2-D4C315BC7D72.jpeg

Also that merge tweet doesn’t come across as bad arse and elite coder as he thinks, it suggests an atrociously maintained code base being fucked with by yet another moron? I’ve searched for other buzz words or languages that would indicate he is a dev/analyst and absolutely nish has come back. Wonder why!

In the spirit of fairness, he does have a GitHub. Considering this is his personal you’d expect to see a lot more repositories/starred? Unlike a work one which is all private so you wouldn’t see. For context I’d say my personal GitHub is p much dead (motherhood!) and I’ve got 5 repositories. He must have just opened it for his #brand and called it a day?

You’d also think someone in web dev would understand the importance of….. a password manager to delete your pervy blog?

Sorry I’ve gone OTT he just makes my skin crawl, he reminds me of every tit contractor or agency person who’s thick as tit but really good at selling themselves, so gets the initial booking but thankfully never darkens your door again. Always talks down patronisingly to women in dev/data teams too. He’d get along with FOD, another agency side moron with delusions of grandeur.

DF0BB4F1-21E5-4188-B333-0AD3C4AF84CD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
"Job security code" and the like is a real problem, but I do think it gets used as an excuse by organisations and developers a bit too much.

(I have a computing degree which focused on programming)

Reactions: 10
At the time of the Honey & Cream blog, Russ had another blog. Honey & Cream links to it, but it has long since been deleted.

Sadly for anyone with a gag reflex, the archives are still up: https://web.archive.org/web/20120312080733/http://heterocephalusgabler.wordpress.com/

Russ loses his virginity:

Screenshot_20220716-212640_Chrome.jpg

Russ indulges in some casual bantz about Johnny Foreigner (but it's okay because he's a leftie):

Screenshot_20220716-212106_Chrome.jpg

Russ helpfully tells us silly women how we can attract a sex god like him: don't diet, don't wear too much makeup, and be smart (which he defines as: stop watching reality TV and soap operas. I dunno, my dainty little girl brain can't cope with current affairs). This one gets posted in its entirety because it is SO SO BAD. The funny thing is that Russ links to this in a comment on the H&C post shared above, as an example of his skills with nuance.

Screenshot_20220716-212934_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-212940_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-212946_Chrome.jpg

It's fair to say that Russ is obsessed with anal sex - he mentions it in every post he writes about sex. Which, OK, when I was in my 20s I knew men like that. Russ was in his 40s writing this blog.

...I'm going for a shower.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
At the time of the Honey & Cream blog, Russ had another blog. Honey & Cream links to it, but it has long since been deleted.

Sadly for anyone with a gag reflex, the archives are still up: https://web.archive.org/web/20120312080733/http://heterocephalusgabler.wordpress.com/

View attachment 1422296

Russ indulges in some casual bantz about Johnny Foreigner (but it's okay because he's a leftie):

View attachment 1422298

Russ helpfully tells us silly women how we can attract a sex god like him: don't diet, don't wear too much makeup, and be smart (which he defines as: stop watching reality TV and soap operas. I dunno, my dainty little girl brain can't cope with current affairs). This one gets posted in its entirety because it is SO SO BAD. The funny thing is that Russ links to this in a comment on the H&C post shared above, as an example of his skills with nuance.

View attachment 1422309
View attachment 1422310
View attachment 1422311

It's fair to say that Russ is obsessed with anal sex - he mentions it in every post he writes about sex. Which, OK, when I was in my 20s I knew men like that. Russ was in his 40s writing this blog.

If I hadn’t already crossed to the dark side this guy would probably push me there.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Here he seems to be earning £60k p/a which tracks, but always cringe massively when people use the pro tax crowd pleasing stuff to shoe horn in their salary - in the eternal words of Allegra it is just awfully gauche, dahlings x

BB7585CC-1F02-4D89-B3BC-139895B327B7.jpeg

View attachment 1422296

View attachment 1422298

View attachment 1422309
View attachment 1422310
View attachment 1422311

The name honey and cream alone is enough to make me want to vom. So glad you’re here tho CL, I know you know this type of man from your escapades agency side. CC @LavaFlake too…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I fail to understand how a man who was earning 60k doesn’t have any savings. I managed to save more than he was after in a few years earning half that. Then again I drive a Peugeot that is fully paid for so maybe I just know how to live within my means and not run up massive utility bills because I pay my way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
When looking for a UX designer, I’d never expect to see less than a £400 day rate. In fact, I’d probably be suspicious if someone charged less than that! I think the highest I saw was a day rate of £600 for someone who had years of experience. Freelancers don’t get solid work, but even if he only worked half the year he’d be getting 50k gross. So, top 10% of earners.
According to his website, his day rate is £450, which tracks

• Wow

View attachment 1422296

View attachment 1422298

View attachment 1422309
View attachment 1422310
View attachment 1422311

Russ, the universe is 13.7 billion years old, ya prune.

99E50435-ED8E-4CE9-93B8-C0BB8160B5BF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Firstly flagging this, this feels at direct odds with the notion of growing up poor? Not being shady but at 48 albums would have cost a lot more back then too, surely?

A1A26196-B8A1-4874-A924-B771FD9A8BF5.jpeg

We have a history of Jack Monroe style spending, too. Maybe less tat and you’d have £100 in savings hun

63FF7EDF-4A76-48A7-A4B4-1CAA5B822325.jpeg
9F65B152-D0E4-43DD-B905-F59AF1637E79.jpeg
5029B7AB-BE62-4BA5-9FF4-893B9C50E22E.jpeg
0DE49338-3EB1-4D05-A166-2D25E7AA02EC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Can someone explain to me what UX actually is in real layman’s tangible way?
Also is he claiming to have Parkinson’s?

Reactions: 3
Here he seems to be earning £60k p/a which tracks, but always cringe massively when people use the pro tax crowd pleasing stuff to shoe horn in their salary - in the eternal words of Allegra it is just awfully gauche, dahlings x

View attachment 1422343

The name honey and cream alone is enough to make me want to vom. So glad you’re here tho CL, I know you know this type of man from your escapades agency side. CC @LavaFlake too…
This is an archetype we've all seen so much - the "hey laydeez, don't worry about beauty standards, you're perfect as you are (unless you're too thin, bones are for dogs). So are you up for a bit of bum fun? Hahaha just my little joke, I'd never put pressure on you, I'm a feminist ally actually. But if you happen to be a bit curious...well, you know, a lot of laydeez say they find it very empowering. Just the tip? We can stop any time you like..."

The little jokes about the Eastern European waitress, too - oh but don't worry, he can't be anti-immigrant, he hates the Tories! So when he's a racist prick about Eastern Europeans, he's just being hilariously ironic on a level you don't get (maybe because you fried your brain watching reality TV).

And UGH, I just saw that tweet about learning to love "weak album tracks". You just KNOW that if you told him you didn't like his favourite band, he'd tell you that you weren't listening properly.

In conclusion, I hope he and Jack get together. How big is his Tesla?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.