Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if you don’t have savings to fall back on why on earth should you expect others to pay for you? I get that life can sometimes be hard and unexpected things get thrown your way but as a responsible adult you should knuckle down and just get on with it. I’m sick of people thinking their first port of call is a go fund me to make others pay for you.

I didn’t have any savings when my elderly cat needed surgery that cost thousands which the insurance company would only pay a small percentage of because of his age. I made use of my overdraft, budgeted and lived on beans and lentils for months to dig myself back out of the hole. Apparently I should have expected a load of random strangers to pay for it instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know. I've had a quick look at that twitter thread and so many people saying 'anyone who questions you is a troll', which is such a barmy mindset. Like Jack's fans - they apparently support people who are 'brave and stick their heads above the parapet' to hold people to account - but under no circumstances should their heroes be given the slightest scrutiny.

(Foo foo said an hour ago he only has £900. And isn't expecting any more money until May 2023 when his book comes out. He actually is Jack isn't he? Scary).
Have we any proof it is a real account, and not just yet another Monroe grift?

Also, how is his electricity bill so high, is he growing weed?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Even if you don’t have savings to fall back on why on earth should you expect others to pay for you? I get that life can sometimes be hard and unexpected things get thrown your way but as a responsible adult you should knuckle down and just get on with it. I’m sick of people thinking their first port of call is a go fund me to make others pay for you.

I didn’t have any savings when my elderly cat needed surgery that cost thousands which the insurance company would only pay a small percentage of because of his age. I made use of my overdraft, budgeted and lived on beans and lentils for months to dig myself back out of the hole. Apparently I should have expected a load of random strangers to pay for it instead.
It started in the US with medical bills, which is more reasonable because of the nature of the US healthcare system.

Reactions: 11
Have just gone on rightmove (investigative journalism during toddler naps 😂) and it’s £200-300k for a 3/4 bed semi! How the duck is he so skint?!
I only really know Crewe from its train interchanging facility, but from what I’ve seen and heard....it’s not an expensive place. It’s basically Stoke, and Stoke is broke. (Apologies to any Stoke persons) Can’t say 8ve read Cheshire Life for a good few years, but gonna bet he hasn’t been in it.

Reactions: 16
I liked his week in Tory tweets but his sex blog was really something else. Why on earth should other people pay for his legal fees when it's not as if they helped him write the offending tweet? Cheeky twit .

Reactions: 12
Okay so

£50k salary = £3.1k take home according to MSE, assuming he doesn’t have student loans

£260k house with 10% deposit is £1.1k pcm (according to some government money helper site, appreciate these estimates are often trash)
Utilities £150
Council tax £150
Water £50
Insurances/misc £50
Roughly £1.5k out?

So £1.6k left over and that’s without considering windfall book payments? Somethings not adding up…?

ETA - and that’s a £260k house NOW. He’s 48 so probably managed to buy years back when the numbers started with £1xxk!

Reactions: 15

Also this isn't done unexpected medical bill .. he's being sued for his crappy behaviour online (I think he shared an unsubstantiated rumour, but don't know the details)

Reactions: 13
Okay so

£50k salary = £3.1k take home according to MSE, assuming he doesn’t have student loans

£260k house with 10% deposit is £1.1k pcm (according to some government money helper site, appreciate these estimates are often trash)
Utilities £150
Council tax £150
Water £50
Insurances/misc £50
Roughly £1.5k out?

So £1.6k left over and that’s without considering windfall book payments? Somethings not adding up…?

ETA - and that’s a £260k house NOW. He’s 48 so probably managed to buy years back when the numbers started with £1xxk!
You've missed out the payment for his brand new Tesla 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Do we know who is sueing him and why?
Was it something to do with the MP for Bassetlaw? A couple of other blue ticks like Sue Perkins had to make public apologies to him after they wrongly commented and RTd something untrue about him.

Reactions: 9
I'd add ~£100 to that for phone / Internet plus ~£200 for food, but that sounds about right.
Soz, completely forgot about internet/media as I’ve never touched that stuff in our house 😂 Would include food in disposable as it’s how big or small you want to be. But yeah over a grand disposable income assuming he’s paying off a mortgage on a property at current rates, likely far less especially as prices have shot up in the north due to hybrid working!

How bizarre…

Reactions: 9
Was it something to do with the MP for Bassetlaw? A couple of other blue ticks like Sue Perkins had to make public apologies to him after they wrongly commented and RTd something untrue about him.
Quoting myself like a raging bell end but yep, it is. He wrongly RTd a pic/vid of the MP for Bassetlaw claiming he was breaking lockdown rules. Everyone else has apologised and made a charity donation to a cause close to the MP’s heart - case closed…Russ has immediately grifted £20,000 ‘just in case’ he gets sued 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 20
So he's not actually suing anyone? Seems a bit presumptious (and making assumptions about your own importance) to raise money for a lawsuit defence then.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I only really know Crewe from its train interchanging facility, but from what I’ve seen and heard....it’s not an expensive place. It’s basically Stoke, and Stoke is broke. (Apologies to any Stoke persons) Can’t say 8ve read Cheshire Life for a good few years, but gonna bet he hasn’t been in it.
I am fairly certain he lives in Sandbach rather than Crewe based on previous tweets and photos. Sandbach is much nicer than Crewe and while property is more expensive compared to Crewe you can get something lovely without breaking £300k.

Reactions: 16
I've only been aware of this dude for a few days, and, as I said, I'm not a prude or a kink shamer, but that blog is 😨😱🤮

I suppose, now we've got a proper thread, we can say the blog is called honey n cream

I've screenshot the last post there here (in case he ever remembers his password), I've probably messed it up a bit and it's very long, but you get the gist

Just...wow, what a prize
Screenshot_20220716-132839_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I am fairly certain he lives in Sandbach rather than Crewe based on previous tweets and photos. Sandbach is much nicer than Crewe and while property is more expensive compared to Crewe you can get something lovely without breaking £300k.
I once had the best and most-needed wee of my life at Sandbach services. Can’t believe this head living there will now tarnish my fond memories of the place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I've only been aware of this dude for a few days, and, as I said, I'm not a prude or a kink shamer, but that blog is 😨😱🤮

I suppose, now we've got a proper thread, we can say the blog is called honey n cream

I've screenshot the last post there here (in case he ever remembers his password), I've probably messed it up a bit and it's very long, but you get the gist

He is a horrible little misogynist. I wouldn't touch him with someone else's bargepole. If you read this Russ, your 'nice beardy centrist' cover is blown.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.