Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh yeah that’s awful. I don’t want hours of thrusting. I’ve got work in the morning. Although I suppose if you read a book you could just fantasise you were shagging Rupert Campbell Black and not a gross beardy bro.
Anything more than 5 minutes is pushing it, I don't get enough sleep as it is!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just woke up so I don't know if this'll make a whole lot of sense but his posturing about how "well read" he is and how "intelligent" he is compared to unibrowed louts who don't care for literature makes him come across like Adrian Mole (and the point of the Adrian Mole series is not to see yourself in him) but also it comes across as classist and ableist in my eyes - not that working class people can't be educated, but that a lot of his gimmick feels like punching down (esp since he brags about grammar school so much).

Slight merail incoming here but it is relevant I promise. I have learning difficulties (dyspraxia and fairly severe dyscalculia, I can't read clocks or do simple maths or anything like that) and people like Russ that focus so much on so-called intelligence really grind my gears - I may not understand basic maths or science and I may have trouble with reading books but that doesn't mean I'm stupid and to look down on people just because they "sound" or "act" stupid is repugnant (especially considering he's the one who coined the phrase "rear foo-foo"). It shouldn't matter what someone's IQ score is or whether they read Dostoevsky, what matters is how they are as a person - whether they're compassionate or kind or whatever.

This sounds kind of long and sanctimonious but as a former learning support/special education kid I'm sick of these types of people lauding their superiority.
Yes! Thank you for saying this, it’s something that really bothers me about him but I couldn’t articulate it as clearly.

I have dyslexia and dyscalculia, but luckily people with Russ’s attitude don’t get to me as much now. The way I see it is that people who are genuinely intelligent don’t need to shout about it. And also, I think that kind of attitude (looking down on people with different abilities), shows an extreme lack of emotional intelligence.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Putting aside his character traits for a minute (because, bleurgh!), do we know if he's delivered on his promised "transparency" yet? Or is he too busy shouting "I'm so working class, goddammit!" into the Twitter void? Sorry, I don't follow him although have checked in a few times and seen absolutely zilch.

Reactions: 11
In the late 90s/early 00s guys like Russ were all over forums. Especially certain comedy forums. Pre-internet they’d be the kind of bloke who’d drink alone in the pub and try to join in and completely take over the conversation you were having with friends.

Jack would have just been a mouthy annoying neighbour who would involve herself in everything.
He's like the Wario of Ashens.

Sorry, but you own a house and get paid well for a job that involves sitting on your arse all day, you don't get to cut about like you're Arthur Scargill

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
He's like the Wario of Ashens.

Sorry, but you own a house and get paid well for a job that involves sitting on your arse all day, you don't get to cut about like you're Arthur Scargill
I misread that as Arthur Seagull. I should probably get off the Internet for a bit 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ugh yeah that’s awful. I don’t want hours of thrusting. I’ve got work in the morning. Although I suppose if you read a book you could just fantasise you were shagging Rupert Campbell Black and not a gross beardy bro.
And chafing is a thing 😂
I'm no expert (unlike Russ), but if the other person is reading a book while you're having sex that doesn't seem like a good sign, does it? If it went on for ages I'd probably get hungry and start fantasising about the coffee cake in the kitchen.

Just woke up so I don't know if this'll make a whole lot of sense but his posturing about how "well read" he is and how "intelligent" he is compared to unibrowed louts who don't care for literature makes him come across like Adrian Mole (and the point of the Adrian Mole series is not to see yourself in him)
Oh yes. Totally giving Adrian Mole vibes. 😅 I love those books, but you definitely wouldn't want to be Adrian IRL.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The thing about Adrian is that he is so convinced of his own brilliance, despite failing academically and writing an absolutely dreadful novel, that his life is miserable as he continues to achieve nothing.

Reactions: 14
I'm no expert (unlike Russ), but if the other person is reading a book while you're having sex that doesn't seem like a good sign, does it? If it went on for ages I'd probably get hungry and start fantasising about the coffee cake in the kitchen.
The idea that sex is supposed to be good for the woman has completely escaped him. It’s all about him, pounding away, looking round at an imaginary audience and yelling “Can you see me? Aren’t I great?! Aren’t I sexy?!”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
The idea that sex is supposed to be good for the woman has completely escaped him. It’s all about him, pounding away, looking round at an imaginary audience and yelling “Can you see me? Aren’t I great?! Aren’t I sexy?!”
I’ve just had that vision of Patrick Bateman looking at himself in the mirror

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I might be being a bit useless, but I can't find any trace of the gofundme page? I thought someone had posted the link on either here or the JM thread, but I couldn't find it here or directly searching on GFM. Does anyone have the original link to check if it's still working?

ETA forgot to say I'd checked via Google as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I might be being a bit useless, but I can't find any trace of the gofundme page? I thought someone had posted the link on either here or the JM thread, but I couldn't find it here or directly searching on GFM. Does anyone have the original link to check if it's still working?
Here you go pal:https://www.gofundme.com/f/j69q7q-i...re-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Looks like he disabled it when it got to nearly 20k. Did he ever post about this again?

Reactions: 11
Here you go pal:https://www.gofundme.com/f/j69q7q-i...re-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Looks like he disabled it when it got to nearly 20k. Did he ever post about this again?
Forever in your debt dearheart!

Posting these receipts as it might only be possible to view with the direct link (i.e it's not searchable).

In summary he was after ~£6.5k, but allowed it to reach ~£20k before shutting it down. I've screenshotted a donor acknowledging he's over his target but giving anyway.

Screenshot_20220731-110037.png
Screenshot_20220731-110144.png
Screenshot_20220731-105944.png

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Jeez if the floor fell through or something, tomorrow, I’d be able to stick 6k on a credit card or get a loan and I’m on benefits!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is he saying here? That he’s going to donate the amount he had to pay Clarke-Smith to the Trussell Trust when he’s got the money? What a lying toad.
B9D39BCA-5A8E-4ACD-BE48-1DBAE3FF56F8.png

breaking news as it comes in:

FB57341E-A5D8-4ECF-90A0-190619C36532.png
2F0BDE88-6C90-4513-85D5-4879A54BD894.png
72DB4F38-86E9-4CC2-A653-94C0F646B75E.png
FB9BA62A-2A69-48F0-A842-3A9DC5A14FFD.png
1DA93446-FEB1-45A4-9885-DAB09D69D6BB.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
What is he saying here? That he’s going to donate the amount he had to pay Clarke-Smith to the Trussell Trust when he’s got the money? What a lying toad. View attachment 1465359

breaking news as it comes in:

View attachment 1465394View attachment 1465395View attachment 1465396View attachment 1465397View attachment 1465402
Top work Scooby! He must have been getting hassle over it. This bit had me in stitches!
Screenshot_20220802-114926~2.png

The money was just resting in my account!

Also, I googled Astraea Linskills. They are a law firm based in Liverpool. Might have helped his cause if he'd have said that...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The way he has said he will donate the equivalent amount when money comes in from his book sales but then is completely and intentionally ambiguous on when that will be… “maybe Oct? May?”

Long enough away he’s hoping people will have forgotten by then.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.