RuPaul's Drag Race!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked it but it didn't hold my attention. The sound balance also seemed off. I'll stick with it though even of just for Karen from Finance and the guest stars.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else struggle to hear the down under girls? I have had to put the subtitles on. I can’t hear what they are saying. The music is louder than them speaking, particularly on the runway

I’ve been turned off more and more by ru and drag race and the money maker they’ve made it into and making it more and more clear.
DRDU they had the chance to educate the wider world about the real problems the aboriginal population in Australia have but nope they just glossed over it and didn’t bring it up with her on the main stage, had this been a different issue they’d have brought it up. I’m getting closer and closer to ditching it. Them only donating 50% of profits from the UK single... come on you’re rich enough

I’ve been turned off more and more by ru and drag race and the money maker they’ve made it into and making it more and more clear.
DRDU they had the chance to educate the wider world about the real problems the aboriginal population in Australia have but nope they just glossed over it and didn’t bring it up with her on the main stage, had this been a different issue they’d have brought it up. I’m getting closer and closer to ditching it. Them only donating 50% of profits from the UK single... come on you’re rich enough
It's hard to believe now that it started off as a piss take of Americas Next Model

Reactions: 5
I love RPDR. I honestly do! I remember finding it and falling in love with it. I think I discovered it around season 5. But I think this is too much now. I found myself so uninterested in RPDR S13. RPDR UK was better. But RPDU I barely paid attention. I got excited for Karen from finance but that is it.

When they were saying they had one of the strongest snatch games ever... eh???

Also the eliminated queen seemed to be brutally arrogant and verging on sociopathic.
I know, wtf was going on there? Eliminated queens usually bow out gracefully. So weird.

Also thought the lip sync would have been a Kylie (or even Dannii) song but no. The brass neck of it all🤣

Long time lurker on this thread- but thought having Lindy Chamberlain portrayed on snatch game was off... the case is so grim and it didn’t sit right that they allowed it. Also everything about DRDU just seems really cheap / basic.

Reactions: 11
Long time lurker on this thread- but thought having Lindy Chamberlain portrayed on snatch game was off... the case is so grim and it didn’t sit right that they allowed it. Also everything about DRDU just seems really cheap / basic.
Yeah I was very 😬 about it, although I do wonder if Australian humour is different? I'm definitely finding it harder to read the room with this series

Reactions: 2
It was a mistake having Snatch Game so early. They didn't have a chance to get used to it at all and there was too many queens so rupaul couldn't say enough to any of them.

It was really strange when the eliminated queen left. It's rarely so frosty.

Ngl I actually thought it was somewhat refreshing seeing a queen upset about being eliminated so early, especially a more well known one. The whole “I’m just grateful I got this opportunity” shtick seems too manufactured and desperate for an All Stars run.

That being said that was easily one of the worst Snatch Games ever and that’s saying a lot given how horrific US4 was. Can’t get into this series at all.

Reactions: 6
I'm from 'Down Under' so it's very exciting to have more relatable Queens. Rhys is a great Judge. Ru and Michelle don't ever understand the local lingo so a lot is lost on them. They should edit or prep them better. Same for the UK one. They were insulting about the Elecktra Shock rainbow korowai (the cape) it was hugely symbolic, made by her Maori drag mother and a simple heads up prior might have helped explain Maori culture. The Lindy Chamberlain choice was shameful on the part of the production team and EtcEtc. It's not a funny line from an old movie. It's a non celebrity person who had a dead baby and was acquitted after a hugely long and shameful period of legal history.
Production got switched to Auckland NZ because of Covid. They probably were scrambling to recreate the sets and production with complete newbies. It can't have been easy with a minimal cast allowed in and 2 weeks Quarrantine. The budget won't be as good. I'm just grateful things like this are being made in a pandemic.
I hope Anita as The Queen can get some mileage out if it like The Vivienne and Baga Chips. The rest really sucked!

Reactions: 12
I just can't be bothered with the Down Under show. I thought I'd give it a go and maybe it would be a nice fresh take on things like UK was but I couldn't even manage a full episode. The queens are just boring, all very much the same to me, no one really stand out. I went in with an open mind because I don't know any of these girls and was waiting to see one I could root for but so far no.

I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it changes but I think it just will turn out to be lost in translation for me.

Reactions: 2
Just watched episode 2.....Ru's wig 😱😱😱. Absolute shocker so cheap looking. Can't get over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Coco Jumbo and Electra Shock really showed great personality in the lip synchs. Kita and Anita work as a duo in NZ and own a club together. They're going to play up that rivalry for sure. Anita did really well this week. Karen from Finance has some awesome looks. I think Maxi Shield could go far.

Reactions: 1