Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she did say it was a paid partnership, so does she need to use AD too?
Her original post included nothing relating to either. Since the option to add in a paid partnership, you no longer need to have both displayed

I see that Ian guys out of the woodwork as pair of this jay it’s nonsense too! Another who loves a gift, I’m wondering why it’s always the same ex front runners or sports direct planks that are always getting these gigs, bet they were gagging for some freebies when they left these groups

Reactions: 3
Her original post included nothing relating to either. Since the option to add in a paid partnership, you no longer need to have both displayed

I see that Ian guys out of the woodwork as pair of this jay it’s nonsense too! Another who loves a gift, I’m wondering why it’s always the same ex front runners or sports direct planks that are always getting these gigs, bet they were gagging for some freebies when they left these groups
I didn't see it till late afternoon so she must have added that later, maybe she saw the posts on here about Kelly not hashtagging.

Does anyone know if The Welsh Runner has a coaching qualification? It doesn't say on his website and I only remember him talking about his PT training.

Last edited:

When you’re in these groups, theres access to more websites that put adverts on wanting influencers to apply, just like a notice board. You find what product you want for free, see what the terms are (usually a couple stories and a post saying blah blah blah), then apply to be picked. These websites tend to only let you in if you’re over 10k followers or part of an ambassador program already.
Thos is why we see the same faces again and again, advertising the same products, at the same time

I didn't see it till late afternoon so she must have added that later, maybe she saw the posts on here about Kelly not hashtagging.

Does anyone know if The Welsh Runner has a coaching qualification? It doesn't say on his website and I only remember him talking about his PT training.
If he’s coaching Kelly he wants sacking

The climbing ones were pretty cool 😂 I don’t know what being a female running alone country roads has to do with sound quality but whatever…
Pretty sure Gjemma is running on the “wrong” side of the quiet country lane. My understanding is to run facing the oncoming traffic… especially when running with headphones 🙄

Reactions: 5
Pretty sure Gjemma is running on the “wrong” side of the quiet country lane. My understanding is to run facing the oncoming traffic… especially when running with headphones 🙄
Definitely on the wrong side.

Maybe filming from the other direction wasn’t quite as “insta friendly”?

Reactions: 1
The covid test ads and gifted places have got my goat. Some (most) of them have never even used these tests because they’re for travel, and if they’d travelled we’d all bloody know about it.
Anna the apple said she got her great south run place through a gifted placed from a covid test company. Others the same, although not all have been as transparent as her in declaring this. How can you maintain your integrity when you’re clearly advertising and endorsing something you have zero knowledge of. Shameful.

Reactions: 6
Oh look Thisgirlcanrunfar posting about Jaybird with no mention of #ad #gifted....
And if you look at all her others posts she never even wears them normally! 🙄
Kelly did exactly the same :rolleyes:
Weirdly the only person who’s declared properly is PMG but she “took over” the jay bird account and reposted… not her own posts.
EDIT: I know so many comments (didn’t load for me first time) already but ugh.

Imagine he has LIRF/CIRF as part of his running club…

Last edited:
If he has coaching qualifications why not put this on his website. When he used to post about training sessions with his running club he never led them, which is why I doubt it. I also noticed one of the sessions he set for Kelly was straight off of Nike Run Club 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Knowing a semi famous instarunner who is a LIRF, I suspect if he has taken the time to do it then it’s too much effort to actually do anything with it. At our club LIRFs are expected to do the same sessions every week year in year out.

Another one who looks like they’ve read here and see comments about her. I was one of those and stand by it, she was once really good to follow and is lovely, but again desperation to try and be one of those ‘big’ accounts was too tempting!

Another one working with Flora to ‘get towns active’ yet have done absolutely zero to show they’ve got their town active 🙄

Attachments

Another one who looks like they’ve read here and see comments about her. I was one of those and stand by it, she was once really good to follow and is lovely, but again desperation to try and be one of those ‘big’ accounts was too tempting!

Another one working with Flora to ‘get towns active’ yet have done absolutely zero to show they’ve got their town active 🙄
They’re not bothered about getting a town active, just seeing the ‘free race entry’ and ‘only need to post twice and a couple stories using a hashtag’ and they’re signed up!

Welshrunner isn’t “going all in” or “rolling the dice” in his next race 😱 I’ll get my coat after this but I do quite like Kelly and Welshrunner. They’re the best of the bunch but my goodness did the sayings get on my tits!

I like Ben Parkes (although he can be a little arrogant irl) because he buys his own trainers. I don’t trust the reviews of goods that have been gifted. Sarah Place comes across as a lovely person.

202C97BB-8824-40DB-A67C-AC56FF0091CB.jpeg

Oh my god, seriously the world has gone mad. Anyone who runs a race with a camera in their face needs to get a life!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Genuinely don’t know how they have the confidence to talk to themselves in public. I get embarrassed talking on the phone for gods sake 😂 I could never be a vlogger!

• Haha
View attachment 812984

Oh my god, seriously the world has gone mad. Anyone who runs a race with a camera in their face needs to get a life!
I’m probably way off the mark but I think it’s a comfort blanket for him. Recording it takes off some of the pressure and anxiety. If he’s recording then it doesn’t look like he’s giving 100%.

Reactions: 4
I’m probably way off the mark but I think it’s a comfort blanket for him. Recording it takes off some of the pressure and anxiety. If he’s recording then it doesn’t look like he’s giving 100%.
Not my cup of tea, all the recording for social media day in day out, that’s the way a lot of running Instagram people are behaving these days, it’s quite sad to see

Reactions: 2
Not my cup of tea, all the recording for social media day in day out, that’s the way a lot of running Instagram people are behaving these days, it’s quite sad to see
It really is sad. So many times I’ve looked at other people’s fancy medal photos with landmarks in the background and posing with friends etc and I’ve thought to myself ‘on my next race I must really do that’. I never do because… I’m too busy enjoying the moment and not thinking about Instagram!

It really is sad. So many times I’ve looked at other people’s fancy medal photos with landmarks in the background and posing with friends etc and I’ve thought to myself ‘on my next race I must really do that’. I never do because… I’m too busy enjoying the moment and not thinking about Instagram!
“Must run, must Instagram”

Reactions: 2
Question of the day: why do certain running accounts feel they have to declare “I’m not racing today though” when entering a race. Yes you are. You may be racing to be your best on that day, but don’t w£nk about with this not racing poop. But no, anna the apple, you probably aren’t racing at the front so close to having a baby. And no Kelly Welsh (don’t know her name but being Scottish my name is often followed by “Scot” so I’m affording her that suffix too) you’re not racing for the podium because you never would be. It just aggravates me and makes me blood boil. If I’m in a race, I’m racing. It’s like they need a pre excuse for not being the best and it annoys me to the bones. The end… for now…

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone else think they’ve all gone really quiet?
TGCRF explaining herself over being gifted stuff in an attempt to be authentic. Nope.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.