Running Instagrammers #8 I have a LIRF, you can trust me! Beginner to Marathon to A&E!

How much would you pay Bester to be your coach?

• Nothing, he’s a giant man child

Votes: 51 66.2%
  • £5 just to chuckle at his cut and paste plan

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • £100 so I have money left for a vest and blue hair dye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £175 because I’m premium baby

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Shakalakalaka! (Not actual currency but fun to shout!)

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This news about the Bester squad upping their coaching prices has really troubled me. He was flaunting on Instagram that enquiries post London have been 'through the roof' so this just reeks of grubby opportunism.

As for Culling, not only does she have qualifications but I imagine she has somewhat limited life experience; she's 23ish years old, all she knows about running is through that jackass Bester and her life reeks of so much privilege, with her regular jetsetting, her job in advertising (what a stereotype!) and posing provocatively on the gram. The best coaches are able to relate to and motivate people from all walks of life, what would she know about coaching and relating to someone with actual real world responsibilities? I imagine jack tit!

I find it absolutely laughable as well that when asked for her qualifications on her post, along with her LiRF she referenced having some kind of certificate in diversity and equality in sport. Yet charging these kind of prices for her 'coaching' show she is absolutely not a champion for accessibility in the sport. It is absolutely despicable!

Good luck to her athletes.

Reactions: 10
I voted £175, because I want that *FREE* much sought after, top of the range, crem de la crem running vest to show everyone around me how much of a wanker I really am 🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also think it really exploits novice runners, people who are too nervous to join clubs because they think they are full of insanely fast men.
I’m in a proper “harriers” club and yes we have some speedy folk but plenty of people that go for a 8k bimble and into the pub straight after on club nights too. And they even have a night specially for the not skinny fast folk, like they are actively told not to come as some feedback we had was that they can be a bit intimidating to people who are new to running and 5k is still a long way!
And it costs £30 a year and our excellent high quality vests are£12!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I voted £175, because I want that *FREE* much sought after, top of the range, crem de la crem running vest to show everyone around me how much of a wanker I really am 🤑
duck me sideways. £175 per month, plus £20 joining fee? Anyone who pays that has taken leave of their senses. I see he also charges £199 for an online gait analysis. He's an absolute charlatan!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I feel like I'm in the wrong job...I need to set myself up coaching 🤣

Our club vests are a whopping £21 but are UK made and the company is local...plus a social membership is only £10 or it's £21 affiliated so still well short of £175 for a month 🤣

Reactions: 2
To be fair, whoever can pay that money per month, clearly is not a working class person and maybe it's peanuts for them.
I don't own any carbon plate because they are too expensive, but there is a market for it!

Reactions: 3
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I mean tbh as someone who is more than
To be fair, whoever can pay that money per month, clearly is not a working class person and maybe it's peanuts for them.
I don't own any carbon plate because they are too expensive, but there is a market for it!
Yeah but carbon plate shoes have a proven benefit don't they? And you can even get the Nike ones now in sales and offers for cheaper than a single month of these charlatans coaching...

I’m in a proper “harriers” club and yes we have some speedy folk but plenty of people that go for a 8k bimble and into the pub straight after on club nights too. And they even have a night specially for the not skinny fast folk, like they are actively told not to come as some feedback we had was that they can be a bit intimidating to people who are new to running and 5k is still a long way!
We do a Fly Cup Friday, a run/walk or sometimes just a walk then coffee and cake afterwards 😁.
It's supposed to be the first Friday of the month but usually happens more often 😂

Reactions: 1
duck me sideways. £175 per month, plus £20 joining fee? Anyone who pays that has taken leave of their senses. I see he also charges £199 for an online gait analysis. He's an absolute charlatan!
£199 for an online gait analysis ahahaha

More fool the mugs who are paying him

Get yourself down to your local Indy running shop- you’ll get one free with your new trainers

Absolute donuts

Reactions: 5
Tbf running shop gait analysis is absolutely wank.

However you’ll get a good sports physio to do you one in person for about a third of the price bester offers it online if it’s really needed.

Reactions: 4
Tbf running shop gait analysis is absolutely wank.

However you’ll get a good sports physio to do you one in person for about a third of the price bester offers it online if it’s really needed.
Depends on the shop- my local bloke has a physio background and is an actual qualified coach. He’ll have you out for a run in his shoes, jogging behind you. Some of the big chains- agreed, wank.

I literally can’t cope with the brass neck of the bloke who thinks he’s qualified to do this. He’s only marginally more qualified than the Saturday boy at runnersneed who half heartedly watches you on treadmill.

Also he’s definitely been reading here! Wifey appreciation post just dropped on the grid. Does he think that’s romantic or something? He’s basically acknowledging her as the maid, mummy and project manager of their life. Nothing about her. Just ‘thanks for supporting ME’.

Reactions: 8
Yeah but carbon plate shoes have a proven benefit don't they? And you can even get the Nike ones now in sales and offers for cheaper than a single month of these charlatans coaching...
Carbon plated shoes actually aren’t great for a lot of runners, especially if you have poor biomechanics. Plus, people tend to wear them far too often and therefore leave them more susceptible to injury - they should be saved for races but people are out there doing every session in them 🙄

Personally I feel like they’re a waste of money for most people as they’re used in place of strength training, properly structured training plans, etc. Putting on carbon plates isn’t going to help if you haven’t put in the work, and yet I see more and more people turning up to my club in fancy footwear for just an average run 🤷‍♀️

They are racing shoes that get totally overused…
I’m an old bat and still wear proper racing flats, but literally just for short races (nothing over 10k) and fast sessions on a rubber track. Anything more is miserable. I see people who do every single run in them… not just sessions! Not a good idea

Also he’s definitely been reading here! Wifey appreciation post just dropped on the grid. Does he think that’s romantic or something? He’s basically acknowledging her as the maid, mummy and project manager of their life. Nothing about her. Just ‘thanks for supporting ME’.
Ever since Berlin or just before his ego has gone through the roof.

Bester, if you're reading here. Remember you are trash, cringe and living in a fantasy bubble!

• Haha
Yeah I agree that using them too often isn't necessarily good though that's kind of true of any shoe. I'm not sure there's any actual evidence that they are any worse for you than anything else (and I work in science comms and spend a lot of time reading latest studies and papers). But basically they are just too bloody expensive to be used for anything other than race day anyway for most people! However, many of the elites do now do a lot of key sessions in them because the extra cushioning and energy saving means they recover quicker (on the whole. not everyone, etc)

However, many of the elites do now do a lot of key sessions in them because the extra cushioning and energy saving means they recover quicker (on the whole. not everyone, etc)
The fact they get them for free as part of their sponsorship deals probably helps too.

The fact they get them for free as part of their sponsorship deals probably helps too.
Oh yeah absolutely! And to be honest, If I got them as freebies I'd probably wear them all the time too! Well, not all the time but for hard workouts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.