Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes me die. The World According to WR who thought he could bosh out a 100k race one month ahead of his A race at Berlin, on sub par training which was based on speed and road running. Blinded by arrogance and the thought of wearing a Wales vest that he wasted a good opportunity, rather than parking it for 1 year and actually TRAINING for it and smashing it.

Obviously someone you want to take training advice from. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She may be showing up consistently, which hats off some of us do struggle with now and again. But the consistency to type of training is just all wrong. I’ve never seen plans with so many PB attempts in one training block ever!

Reactions: 8
View attachment 892094
Of course he's blocked 🙄🙄

Gav wasn't rude. He asked a question. They didn't like it they then let their followers jump on him.
Absolute joke.
This has been deleted

Also notice the one comment supporting Gav has been deleted.

I hope Kelly and Matt never try to make it in a real job! I have regular supervision which often includes difficult conversations around how I may have handled situations better and how I can develop in my role to progress and strengthen my team going forward. Being able to handle that stuff graciously also sends a positive message to the kids around you in terms of how they handle life’s crap.

I’ve also experienced what Gav experienced yesterday via a different ‘influencer’ platform and it’s not a good look to allow the masses to come like vultures. I was the subject of 90 plus abusive comments and an Insta TV post by the account holder. I left Insta for 5 months and it had a huge impact on my emotional health.

The only bullies and trolls at work were Kelly, Matt and their sycophantic audience. Not a good look and thoroughly depressing/disappointing behaviour from grown adults. Having 5 kids does not automatically pass you as a mature individual, Kelly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She may be showing up consistently, which hats off some of us do struggle with now and again. But the consistency to type of training is just all wrong. I’ve never seen plans with so many PB attempts in one training block ever!
They've forgotten that they're not elite. This should be fun. There's no need to push yourself to the point of no return unless you're ONLY doing it for headpats and insta adoration. They have a platform, rightfully so or not, which they need to be responsible for. I'd call out a doctor passing on incorrect information, so why is a running coach exempt? A lot of people are vulnerable at the moment. Two years of a pandemic has left people battered and bruised and a lot of people took to running in the lockdowns as a way of getting exercise. If you're new to the sport, and this level of training is what you think is the RIGHT thing to do, because yay PBs, but are unaware that can cause injury and knocking you out of the game, than there needs to be a lot more disclosure about that.

We've all done it, we've all been idiots and done stupid, detrimental things. KR has gotten lucky so far, but that luck will only take you so far.

Reactions: 9
Gosh he dosnt like anyone criticising

he’s quoted some elites doing races week before a marathon

Kelly isn’t elite pal
Yep, she's not elite.
And those elite runners? They're running 120-125 mpw - so a 10K is like the equivalent of a mile race for the rest of us.

Reactions: 6
I'm still not over how they cannot take any form of criticism. It's embarrassing.
Racing today so nodoubt out to prove a point 😬

Reactions: 9
OMG I missed all the drama last night! I'm looking forward to see how she does at Valencia, if she bombs this one too maybe we could recommend a new coach for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think we should all just wait for the inevitable and see what excuses they come up with.

And the photoshopping…. She made her waist look smaller but so obvious. I think she has some body image issues.

Reactions: 3
Call me whatever you like, but I genuinely don’t believe the car not starting story! Turning a key back and forth making it sound like you’re trying doesn’t show that it’s broken and you showed a full dash of lights but not like we heard it chugging away not firing up. Just her voice and whole vibe didn’t come across as genuine imo! I reckon talk on here is starting to expose them a bit and now they know they can’t get away with certain things like they use to!

Reactions: 5
Call me whatever you like, but I genuinely don’t believe the car not starting story! Turning a key back and forth making it sound like you’re trying doesn’t show that it’s broken and you showed a full dash of lights but not like we heard it chugging away not firing up. Just her voice and whole vibe didn’t come across as genuine imo! I reckon talk on here is starting to expose them a bit and now they know they can’t get away with certain things like they use to!
That story was sooo fake! Almost as bad as her AD's!

Reactions: 5
Gosh he dosnt like anyone criticising

he’s quoted some elites doing races week before a marathon

Kelly isn’t elite pal
my mate is an Elite. They don’t….. they was a pacer at London, they was asked to pace at Chicago he turned it down… why?? Because they knew there body needed to recover . They was also asked to great south run, also turned it down. Again body needed to recover.
if that was WR he would be on it like a car bonnet.. because of the look at me and it was free and get payed.

Reactions: 2
That's exactly what I thought when I saw her story 🙄.
I had a look at WR's baseline 5k and it looks like he stopped a few times, is this a new coaching technique?

WR probably disconnected the battery after all the attention they have been getting recently

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Surprised she didn't tag the the RAC or Green Flag. Could have had a nice little ambassadorship.

The Wellogs/Gav situation last night was astonishing. The way they turned that around for their own ends. Wow! Someone asks a valid question, with maybe a slight undertone of critcism (again valid), gets rounded on, and then the story saying 'thanks for all your love and support, don't worry, the nasty man has been blocked'. I would love to shake their followers and ask them, "Can you not see what is right in front of you?" The way they have built their profiles and follower base, and have them dancing to their tune. Reminds me of a quote, "Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”. That goes for all the runfluencers mentioned in these threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.