Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone exactly like this too. As an older runner I still firmly believe it all comes around in the end. SOME runners can get away with this for longer than most - luck, DNA, who knows…. But in the end without proper recovery and easy sessions, it will catch up with them in the end.
That, OR they are actually just not reaching their potential I suppose and some people are just naturally fast without the structure… but they are rare. In my opinion!

Speaking of Parkrun sandwiches (and yes that term can die in a ditch along with royal flush negative split) I'd love to know how Anna can run one of those with a 21 minute Parkrun in the middle and a 7:30 pace overall for 17 miles despite doing everything wrong.

Outside of the things she can control, the most annoying aspect of her is not having to work for anything. She has no properly structured training. She does no sessions, no speedwork because she gave up on track sessions for being too much like hard graft, and does heavy leg days less than 24 hours before her long run every week. So how does she still improve? I think that's the fastest long run I've seen her post outside of a race. Surely there should be steady deterioration in performance, if not outright injury. It makes no sense to me. Sure, running isn't as you get out what you put in as I'd like to believe, but there should still be basic rules of human physiology that set certain boundaries. Less a comment than a genuine question to those more educated than me - why do some people continue to improve even though they train like morons?

Reactions: 4
I find it such poor taste that he (and welshwanker) will wear/have worn a Kenyan running vest. You aren’t bleeping Kenyan! It’s not like a football shirt for a team they support. Do Kenyans and/or people of other nationalities come here and wear a team gb vest if they go running.
I don’t get this obsession either! So many buying Kenyan kit and don’t even get started in those bracelets everyone has been wearing! (Marathon Marcus - the worst disclosure of ads)

Reactions: 2
Back to the dumpster fire that is Lucy Davis’s 100K ultra journey 🙄 she went out for a 30K WITH NO FUEL, ran sub 8 minute/mile pace and had a mental breakdown and started crying because she hit a wall at 25K. Arrgghhhh like I want to say something to her but what is the point!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Back to the dumpster fire that is Lucy Davis’s 100K ultra journey 🙄 she went out for a 30K WITH NO FUEL, ran sub 8 minute/mile pace and had a mental breakdown and started crying because she hit a wall at 25K. Arrgghhhh like I want to say something to her but what is the point!!
What's her Instahandle? I'm being dumb and can't find it? Would be helpful for a glossary of these goons at the start of each thread lol!

Thank you! We've all been a bit dumb i'm sure (know I have) but no fuel or water? 30k? Wowza. Is she planning for an unfueled 100k?
I have no idea! She hasn’t seemed to clock what a huge part of ultra training fueling is, so I won’t be surprised if she attempts and bombs 🤷🏻‍♀️ In the stories she posted after her run, she looked awful - so pale! But then of course everyone strokes her ego and tells her how inspiring and amazing she is. Who knows if she’s learned her lesson. I just wish she would hire a running coach! She is wayyyyyy out of her depth

Reactions: 3
I noticed @ben_is_running did Felixstowe parkrun in 16:01 this morning. This after spending the entire week nursing a calf issue. Nothing like a nice, easy return to running after injury. What an absolute doofus.

Reactions: 4
I have no idea! She hasn’t seemed to clock what a huge part of ultra training fueling is, so I won’t be surprised if she attempts and bombs 🤷🏻‍♀️ In the stories she posted after her run, she looked awful - so pale! But then of course everyone strokes her ego and tells her how inspiring and amazing she is. Who knows if she’s learned her lesson. I just wish she would hire a running coach! She is wayyyyyy out of her depth
I do wonder if she's reluctant to fuel because she wants to save calories for a huge meal after the run, given her history. Like, you can't enjoy gels or whatever else while you're running, but you can hoard calories for a massive blowout binge and then you sit down and fully appreciate it as it were. Sorry to always bring up Anna, but she does the same thing, albeit not for ultras. No fuel even for long runs, tiny amount of porridge on marathon race day then eats an obscene quantity of shite food afterwards. Lucy likely needs a better therapist alongside a coach, but I doubt she'll listen to any of them. I feel sorry for her tbh since she's clearly so disordered around food still and in denial about it.

Has she ever posted pics of herself as a child? Because she always claims to have had abs since she was four years old, but I'm not inclined to believe it without evidence.

Reactions: 1
I do wonder if she's reluctant to fuel because she wants to save calories for a huge meal after the run, given her history. Like, you can't enjoy gels or whatever else while you're running, but you can hoard calories for a massive blowout binge and then you sit down and fully appreciate it as it were. Sorry to always bring up Anna, but she does the same thing, albeit not for ultras. No fuel even for long runs, tiny amount of porridge on marathon race day then eats an obscene quantity of shite food afterwards. Lucy likely needs a better therapist alongside a coach, but I doubt she'll listen to any of them. I feel sorry for her tbh since she's clearly so disordered around food still and in denial about it.

Has she ever posted pics of herself as a child? Because she always claims to have had abs since she was four years old, but I'm not inclined to believe it without evidence.
I think she has on her stories before but I can’t quite remember. There’s another Gymshark athlete called Guusje (former gymnast) who’s had abs since she was a little kid and posts loads of proof so it’s definitely possible Lucy could have.

Yes it may be that her reluctance to fuel is as you say, but she claims she’s upped her calories to accommodate the running. Surely it would be better to forget counting calories and give your body what it needs, but when your whole career revolves around showing off your body in tiny outfits, the fear of getting “fluffy” probably plays a huge part - maybe she thinks people won’t follow her if she’s not ripped?

Re: Anna that’s so sad. You will never perform to your fullest if you don’t eat right

My kids had abs from the age of 3, they were just naturally skinny (didn't take after me 😂), it always made me laugh that they had better abs than my husband!

• Haha
Bester needs flagged up with Runthrough and if they see him taking it upon himself to run in any of their events for free they should remove him from the course. Can't believe he has the cheek to help himself to the freebies (not really freebies as it comes out of the entry fees) as well. Is all this not classed as theft? Also, I'm not sure of all the legalities, but would it not be a pretty big issue for Runthrough if they're letting unpaid/unregistered runners get away with being on the course? What if he was involved in some kind of incident? What if he's in a group, trips, and brings someone down? What if it causes a scene because someone calls him out for running for free? He could put events in jeopardy. His behaviour is really crappy. This is from someone who is a allegedly a coach and founded a club.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Bester needs flagged up with Runthrough and if they see him taking it upon himself to run in any of their events for free they should remove him from the course. Can't believe he has the cheek to help himself to the freebies (not really freebies as it comes out of the entry fees) as well. Is all this not classed as theft? Also, I'm not sure of all the legalities, but would it not be a pretty big issue for Runthrough if they're letting unpaid/unregistered runners get away with being on the course? What if he was involved in some kind of incident? What if he's in a group, trips, and brings someone down? What if it causes a scene because someone calls him out for running for free? He could put events in jeopardy. His behaviour is really crappy. This is from someone who is a allegedly a coach and founded a club.
Yeah not to mention insurance purposes! It’s self obsessed people like him that think they can do as they please, never mind those who have paid a not cheap fee to run the event! Bet he still doesn’t even think he’s doing any wrong if it was pointed out to him

Reactions: 7
And I could cheerfully slap her every time she does. She has no idea what it's like to actually be injury prone. You know, she says a lot of things which contradict reality. I can't remember the last time she was actually injured - must be at least two years - and the way she trains if you can call it that would have most people in a far worse state than her.
Anna's training is basically: exercise everyday no matter what and don't let life/baby/anything get in the way of running/working out and certainly no days off! Then eat loads after long runs as only now has she "earned it" 😳

Even if she's done a 17 mile run I bet she still goes on a long walk with the pram in the afternoon, because, calories burned/step count.

I'd love to see her take a rest week or let her body propery recover but that'll never happen as she seems to have some sort of exercise obsession.

• Heart
Does anyone follow Sarahs_fitness, not really running influencers (around 1.3k followers) but she keeps coming up as suggested, she is coached by Purdue Performance, seems a talented runner just PB 1.19 at a half today and is SENr sports nutritionist. I wondered if there was ED/obsessive relationship with food and exercise as she seems tiny and had on her story that someone commented she looked better heavier weight made her upset, or if she is genuinely that small

Yeah not to mention insurance purposes! It’s self obsessed people like him that think they can do as they please, never mind those who have paid a not cheap fee to run the event! Bet he still doesn’t even think he’s doing any wrong if it was pointed out to him
Exactly. A key part of organisers being granted the necessary permissions to stage an event/use the land is that participants abide by the race instructions and are courteous/considerate, especially if the course isn't closed and there are other road/path users on the route: pedestrians, cyclists, cars, horses. Running along hollering into a GoPro is not considerate. Idiots like Bester put all that in jeopardy. I fear that Runthrough will just let it slide by thinking, "Oh, never mind. It's free exposure for us!"

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.