Running #2 PF is a pain in the calf

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you been keeping an eye on BMs? Running causing looser or issues with that? Coz that can affect absorption. This was an issue for me previously. I now take my pill in the evening instead before bed rather than before a run/early am. But evidence is very anecdotal about how running affects the pill, but my GP thought it was because I kept getting “runners tummy” after long runs, which I’ve worked on a lot. But even though I don’t suffer too much I take things in the evening now.
I have IBS pretty badly so lots of days with loose episodes but that’s normal for me and it’s no worse than I normally would with the level I’m running (it’s worse before a run) 🤷

Mrs PF here, hope you are all good?

So I have now been referred for a gastroc release. What the Consultant said about my symptoms and my research after, all ties in.

Anyone had this done? Thanks x

Reactions: 2
When you've been looking forward to a race for the last 2 years (Covid) and now you're going to have to pull out because you're injured. Flights have been booked so I'm going to have to go over anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
PF is back. Can’t run at all. It’s been years, is it the treadmill or is it just that it can come back at any time? Sigh!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
It’s the first completely free of Covid restrictions summer for ages, there are loads of midweek races etc that I’m entered into and … I’m finding myself annoyed that I’ve got them in my schedule.
I want to go for a nice long leisurely 10-13 mile sunny evening trail run but then realise I should really be vaguely tapering for a 10k and playing it safe.

Pfft.

It’s the first completely free of Covid restrictions summer for ages, there are loads of midweek races etc that I’m entered into and … I’m finding myself annoyed that I’ve got them in my schedule.
I want to go for a nice long leisurely 10-13 mile sunny evening trail run but then realise I should really be vaguely tapering for a 10k and playing it safe.

Pfft.
I had loads of races that were postponed 2020/2021 and I have either transferred or DNS. Now it’s the PF, but before it was definitely the not wanting to race again. Maybe will try again next year!

• Sad

Pfft.
Same! I've got a deffered race from 2 years ago. I'm not sure I really want to do it now. But I've paid for a hotel. Urgh!

I think (and hope!) my current issues are IT band related. Has anyone got experience of this please? I think it might just be a bit tight.

Reactions: 3
Same! I've got a deffered race from 2 years ago. I'm not sure I really want to do it now. But I've paid for a hotel. Urgh!

I think (and hope!) my current issues are IT band related. Has anyone got experience of this please? I think it might just be a bit tight.
Only as much as getting a trigger ball underneath it as part of my post run routine.

Reactions: 1
Anyone who’s had shockwave before, ever been told it won’t work next time round? Was kind of alluded too in my appointment today. I’ve got to start with exercises and see what happens. But not filled with hope…

• Sad
Anyone who’s had shockwave before, ever been told it won’t work next time round? Was kind of alluded too in my appointment today. I’ve got to start with exercises and see what happens. But not filled with hope…
I was never told this and when I had it (4.5 years ago) the physio who administered it had been doing so in high level sports settings for a while. I was also told the success rate was highest for PF and as I was going for AT the success rate in the research was not as high.

Fingers crossed.

• Heart
I was never told this and when I had it (4.5 years ago) the physio who administered it had been doing so in high level sports settings for a while. I was also told the success rate was highest for PF and as I was going for AT the success rate in the research was not as high.

Fingers crossed.
Shall try and remain positive!

• Heart

My IT band niggles on and off. I can usually keep on top of it with exercises (clamshells and side leg raises) but I have a strap / support that really relieves it too. I try not to rely on that though!

Trainers are all ok (y)

But are your feet OK for the trainers?

(one of my pet subjects)

They might not be worn out, but could be inappropriate for your posture and running gait. I've regretted a purchase of Asics that on paper, should have been perfect, but there's a slight difference that, even when wearing my custom orthotics, means my right hip and tendinitis have flared up after less than a week. But the decidedly knackered (as in done over a million steps in them according to my Fitbit) Ons still have the ability to make that pain/potential repeated injury go away again.

Did two microgym sessions this weekend with Mr D (as in, he can't do as long a session as I can, so it's split over two visits rather than one).

I didn't realise that he was completely unaware of what the core muscles are and how they work - or even feel when activated. Had to put his hand on different parts (WASH YOUR FILTHY MINDS OUT!) whilst I moved to show him on me and then on himself.

No wonder he complains of back pain, pokes his head forwards and pronates on one foot enough to give himself a bunion whilst landing like an obese duck on the other foot; he's never known what it feels like for the entire anterior and posterior chain to be functioning smoothly.

Going to have to get working on those before we do any more running, I think.

Reactions: 5
Oh bollocks.

Just planned a really nice, gentle, evening trot for tomorrow after work, only to find that I'm expected at yet another bloody late meeting. I'm then in before 8am the next day, working until 10pm, back in before 8 the next day and then I'm also working Friday (my day off). The odds of my even getting out of bed on Saturday and Sunday are limited with all that going on.

Why does the world always conspire to knacker my opportunities to actually do this exercise lark?

• Sad
Same for me! I had a minor op last week which meant I had to avoid exercise for a few days. Today was supposed to be my first day of freedom and I have a small person at home with a sick bug! Had a go on the treadmill, but it's not the same.

• Sad