Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

msmith2006

VIP Member
I just love seeing the English get beat. Hopefully our guys in green will do the same next Sat haha. will be so sad when it's over though!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Well done Scotland, not a win but they played their socks off to get back in the game.
they’ve really turned a corner over the past few years. the old scotland would have completely folded but they kept going right until the end. they have so much genuine talent, with a coach who seems able to make the best of it. optimistic times to be a scotland fan i think (i say, as a sad wales fan 🤣😭)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
finn is a loose cannon. some of his stuff pays off but other risky takes just completely fall flat - one being the intercepted pass for the French try.

sometimes his over-confidence is the undoing of him
Hiya, long time lurker here! Love that there's a Six Nations thread!

Totally agree. The issue with Finn is that so much was made in the last two rounds of his try assists (which were amazing, to be fair) but it meant he kept trying the same thing against France even when it was clear they were reading him well (hence the intercept). It took until half time before he started changing it up a bit. It was a bit Finn of old where he goes for what looks good rather than what works.

Reactions: 4

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Great effort by Italy, no longer the pushovers they once were, they might still finish bottom, but play like that again and they could cause an upset (probably Scotland) 😁
italy are going to be amazing in 2-3 years, mark my words. they have some outstanding potential in their younger players but they need a little more time. i always have a soft spot for them!

wales are a mess right now, for so many reasons. i imagine we’re going to end up bottom 🤣

great win for ireland but, gosh, what a player dupont is. can someone find out he has a welsh parent or sm so we can steal him?!

LaBlonde

VIP Member
@LaBlonde can you do the honours for starting a thread for world cup?
i will indeed! give me a sec :)
---
done! meet me over here :)

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
The WRU are a disgrace. Everything about Welsh Rugby and the fans in their daffodil hats looks twee and embarrassing in contrast with the Welsh football fans and Welsh FA who have embraced Welsh culture in a way the WRU never have. It’s only very recently that they even became bilingual ffs.
Tbh it's the same here in England, if you're not into football, rugby gets a small mention on the news, unless we do well, then it's all over the place.

hahaha62

Wow what a result for Scotland, any Scots on here? Could go for the grand slam!!
Meeee 🤭 massive rugby fan here! I don’t think we’ve quite got the discipline to beat Ireland. But would be very very happy with a top three finish!
Holding a wee candle for Italy- hope they show great things tomorrow x

Maid22

VIP Member
I’m reigniting this for the World Cup and I really need someone to shove some cotton wool or something in Simon Zebos mouth so he can stop doing pointless commentary
You need to start a new thread for world cup, I can't wait!!

Reactions: 3

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Oh maybe I misheard! I can remember many years ago watching them when they were scoring try after try! I loved Sergio Parisse, always felt like he tried so hard, brilliant player.
---
Blimey, France are kicking our arse!!
i googled and you’re (technically) right - the australia game was in florence so not their usual “home” ground i suppose. sergio parisse was an outstanding player, could have achieved so so much on a different team (also sad that his final game/retirement was so muddled and messed up. never quite had the send off he deserved).

knew france would batter england. england cannot compete with that level of creativity - it’s the polar opposite to their style.

i saw this every time but what a player dupont is 👌🏻

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
think we’ll be debating that red card for a while!!

think the occasion got to the ref tbh. arguably a yellow but had to (for once!) agree with clive woodward’s version of events.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
two clear red cards in the first ten minutes?!

madness. the french one was arguably worse imo because of the time he had to consider it. it helps scotland a little i guess though.

edit: can’t believe the ref was trying to talk down the danger of that 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad

Maid22

VIP Member
That was excellent, well done Ireland!
Whose watching Scotland v Wales?
---

italy are going to be amazing in 2-3 years, mark my words. they have some outstanding potential in their younger players but they need a little more time. i always have a soft spot for them!

wales are a mess right now, for so many reasons. i imagine we’re going to end up bottom 🤣

great win for ireland but, gosh, what a player dupont is. can someone find out he has a welsh parent or sm so we can steal him?!
Ah you posted at the same time, Italy I have high hopes for, agree to, that du pont is one hell of a player!

Tallin

Am abit annoyed about your post, there are some teams I like seeing 'beat' but I don't gloat about it, I give credit where it's due, am not here to slag off other teams, am here to enjoy the matches.
i think it really hard on the English couching team, they don’t have much time left to test players in difficult games. No team can be turned around over night. I would never discount England doing well at the World Cup thou.

I'm looking forward to the match today, Irish living in Edinburgh but sadly no ticket.