Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drug laws in the UK are a weird one - generally the police don't care if you're not selling and are keeping to yourself.

I smoke weed and I do so in the privacy of my own home, never in public and rarely go out when high or smelling of it. I feel relatively chilled around police if I'm high (but this is also due to the fact that I am white and don't look like a 'typical drug user' - which I'm aware is incredibly problematic stereotype)

The most enforcement my friends have ever encountered has been the police asking them to stop if they're smoking in a park (they literally put out the joint and pocketed it) or being asked to move on. I'm sure it would be a different story if they were causing bother to other people, of course.

Generally in the UK and where I live the police have more serious crimes to deal with, and weed is one of the least troubling drugs anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks for replying everyone! I didn’t know British law enforcement were so ... easy going?
I know a few people who definitely got on the radar for similar things here in Germany, but of course there could be more to it.

Still extremely stupid of her, tho.
They're very easy going compared to America or some European countries but a lot of people don't realise it when it comes to drugs. Like young people will take their friends to the hospital because they've overdosed but be too scared to tell the doctors the truth because they think they'll get in legal trouble for taking drugs.

I don't think she'd ever face any legal issues from posting that, I'm just shocked her parents would be chill with that lol. I'm in my mid twenties and my parents have always been chill but if I was bragging about taking drugs they'd be like wtf 😂 it might affect her career prospects but probably not because she's privileged enough to get away with it. Half the UK government are bleeping coke addicts tbh.

Reactions: 8
They're very easy going compared to America or some European countries but a lot of people don't realise it when it comes to drugs. Like young people will take their friends to the hospital because they've overdosed but be too scared to tell the doctors the truth because they think they'll get in legal trouble for taking drugs.

I don't think she'd ever face any legal issues from posting that, I'm just shocked her parents would be chill with that lol. I'm in my mid twenties and my parents have always been chill but if I was bragging about taking drugs they'd be like wtf 😂 it might affect her career prospects but probably not because she's privileged enough to get away with it. Half the UK government are bleeping coke addicts tbh.
I get the impression that her parents are pleasant but a bit technologically clueless or naive tbf. Most people our age have social media accounts that our parents aren't aware of, purely because they're boomers.

Reactions: 9
I get the impression that her parents are pleasant but a bit technologically clueless or naive tbf. Most people our age have social media accounts that our parents aren't aware of, purely because they're boomers.
Yes but her dad follows her on tiktok

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Yes but her dad follows her on tiktok
Her dad won’t give a duck, will claim it’s a phase she’ll grow out of, they have the money to bail her out and her future job prospects aren’t likely to be affected
Seems like immoral crimes run in the family then

Reactions: 12
Her dad won’t give a duck, will claim it’s a phase she’ll grow out of, they have the money to bail her out and her future job prospects aren’t likely to be affected
I really wanna know more about the dad, he never seems to feature in any of the videos. I guess hes too busy earning money to bankroll all of them tho tbf

Reactions: 3
Ket can seriously duck up your kidneys and result in the loss of use of your bladder tho, I'm not saying she's taking enough of it to have her bladder taken out but you'd think her parents would be at least worried about the health effects? Too many students take drug use way too lightly, they think its just harmless fun and then twenty years later they're pissing out of a tube

I really wanna know more about the dad, he never seems to feature in any of the videos. I guess hes too busy earning money to bankroll all of them tho tbf
He was featured in Ruby’s moving to University vlog in September! They went surfing and he seemed nice and quite normal? Not anywhere near as cringe as the mother

Reactions: 12
Ket can seriously duck up your kidneys and result in the loss of use of your bladder tho, I'm not saying she's taking enough of it to have her bladder taken out but you'd think her parents would be at least worried about the health effects? Too many students take drug use way too lightly, they think its just harmless fun and then twenty years later they're pissing out of a tube
That’s what I’m saying, her parents know she’s going to go to uni and experiment with drugs and probably don’t give a tit about that, but she was making out like she was a regular ket user. That should worry them, it can do a lot of physical damage in a very short space of time

The people who tend to talk the most about drugs are the people who do very little or none at all. Same as people who constantly talk about sex, they’re not getting any I bet.

Martha reminds me of a girl I used to work with who used to constantly talk about how many pills she had taken before her shifts. I can only assume she was talking about tic tacs as she acted completely normal and not at all like someone high.

Both sisters are cringe but I think Martha is worse, they’re both try harder but at least Ruby is fairly natural. Martha’s trying to be something she’s not.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think Ruby's parents did a spiffing job in providing the type of nurturing and environment where Ruby is the golden child who can do no wrong and they treated Martha like the waffle in the pan that didn't come out right, and she is now is desperately overcompensating to show she's edgy and hip.

Anyway, totally unrelated...

They're in pairs for science. She notes that Beth has poor posture - pointing out physical flaws in others is part of the #bekind manifesto.

She wants to copy Erimentha's notes, not that Erimentha would allow it, unless it were in exchange for her mortal soul. Her paper gets dropped into the water, Erimentha through her devastation must emphasise to the reader that it's 100% recycled.

She sees Ella in the library and notices her eyes are glowing - perhaps she's a carrier of the evil gene. Ella says to Erimentha that her bullies call her quiet, like a small dead mouse. Erimentha internally agrees with the bullies that Ella does look like a mouse, but not a dead one. See #bekind above.

Erimentha doesn't want to share her own bullying experience but Ella won't have it. Quid pro quo, Dr Lecter.

Erimentha pushes back and says she's going to speak with Ella's form tutor right now, to the point that Ella starts crying. "I know I'm being harsh Ella, but I care about you too much to let this [bullying] happen."

I'm beginning to wonder whether I have misread the entire book and had Ruby actually intended Erimentha to be a Machiavellian cold sociopath?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I think Ruby's parents did a spiffing job in providing the type of nurturing and environment where Ruby is the golden child who can do no wrong and they treated Martha like the waffle in the pan that didn't come out right, and she is now is desperately overcompensating to show she's edgy and hip.

Anyway, totally unrelated...

They're in pairs for science. She notes that Beth has poor posture - pointing out physical flaws in others is part of the #bekind manifesto.

She wants to copy Erimentha's notes, not that Erimentha would allow it, unless it were in exchange for her mortal soul. Her paper gets dropped into the water, Erimentha through her devastation must emphasise to the reader that it's 100% recycled.

She sees Ella in the library and notices her eyes are glowing - perhaps she's a carrier of the evil gene. Ella says to Erimentha that her bullies call her quiet, like a small dead mouse. Erimentha internally agrees with the bullies that Ella does look like a mouse, but not a dead one. See #bekind above.

Erimentha doesn't want to share her own bullying experience but Ella won't have it. Quid pro quo, Dr Lecter.

Erimentha pushes back and says she's going to speak with Ella's form tutor right now, to the point that Ella starts crying. "I know I'm being harsh Ella, but I care about you too much to let this [bullying] happen."

I'm beginning to wonder whether I have misread the entire book and had Ruby actually intended Erimentha to be a Machiavellian cold sociopath?
Oh lordt, the ”small dead mouse” bit is lifted directly from Anne with an E 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh lordt, the ”small dead mouse” bit is lifted directly from Anne with an E 😂
OT, but Ruby’s published self-fanfic just reminds me how grateful I am to have had the foresight to make a shame AO3 account when I first tried writing sex scenes...

I also ‘wrote’ a book when I was like 10 and am hugely grateful that the publishers my mum sent it out to never got back to me, lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
OT, but Ruby’s published self-fanfic just reminds me how grateful I am to have had the foresight to make a shame AO3 account when I first tried writing sex scenes...

I also ‘wrote’ a book when I was like 10 and am hugely grateful that the publishers my mum sent it out to never got back to me, lol
Now I'm worried that the Sims fanfics I wrote when I was 13 are still floating around the Internet somewhere

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Now I'm worried that the Sims fanfics I wrote when I was 13 are still floating around the Internet somewhere
Sims fanfic? 😍😂 I didn’t know such thing even existed! Don’t feel bad about - it can’t be worse than Ruby’s fanfiction of herself

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For some reason I always read forum threads starting from the most recent message and go backwards, so imagine my shock seeing several messages talking about ketamine usage before seeing messages saying it's Martha. I thought we had accessed some Ruby Granger After Dark material.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
The people who tend to talk the most about drugs are the people who do very little or none at all. Same as people who constantly talk about sex, they’re not getting any I bet.

Martha reminds me of a girl I used to work with who used to constantly talk about how many pills she had taken before her shifts. I can only assume she was talking about tic tacs as she acted completely normal and not at all like someone high.

Both sisters are cringe but I think Martha is worse, they’re both try harder but at least Ruby is fairly natural. Martha’s trying to be something she’s not.
Martha reminds me somewhat of a lass who used to be in my uni society. She'd literally introduce herself by hyping up whatever drug she was on that week ('i'm off to smoke some weed/do some ket/snort coke etc etc'), brag about the sheer amount of sex she had, posted her nudes (!!) in our sfw discord server (and nobody told her off for it??), constantly tried to hit on the younger members of the society (she was around 21, they were 18), bragged about being a 'virgin killer' and said she only fucked virgins, and overall just came across as incredibly insecure and desperate for external validation. The worst thing was that the younger members of the society totally idolised her, and thought she was living the best life ever when in reality she had serious mental health issues, and was using the drugs/sex etc as a coping mechanism :(
Martha is young enough that she'll probably grow bored of the e-girl act when the next trend comes along, at least - it just hurts a little to see teens and young adults act like you have to do tit like this in order to have a personality?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sims fanfic? 😍😂 I didn’t know such thing even existed! Don’t feel bad about - it can’t be worse than Ruby’s fanfiction of herself
I mean personally my teenage self thought they were brilliant, might have to self publish them.

Watch this space for 'Bella Goths to do list', coming Summer 2021

For some reason I always read forum threads starting from the most recent message and go backwards, so imagine my shock seeing several messages talking about ketamine usage before seeing messages saying it's Martha. I thought we had accessed some Ruby Granger After Dark material.
Looool ffs. Ruby's next morning routine: So I woke up and decided to have some green tea. And then I decided to snort a tit ton of coke off my desk 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.