Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20210131-095449_Instagram.jpg

So she thinks she's addressed the problem enough that she doesn't have to mention it again. One day off Instagram (which nobody would have noticed), and addressing it on a story which disappeared after 24 hours, so it's like it never happened. Nice.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
View attachment 411576
So she thinks she's addressed the problem enough that she doesn't have to mention it again. One day off Instagram (which nobody would have noticed), and addressing it on a story which disappeared after 24 hours, so it's like to never happened. Nice.
So taking a day off makes it all okay then???!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Hmmm, so both Ruby and Jade have messed up and the solution offered is to take time off Instagram. You do have to wonder if this is a management suggestion, given that they’ve both done it. There must be a list somewhere of how long you have to take off Instagram for it to count as an apology, depending on what you’ve done.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So she thinks she's addressed the problem enough that she doesn't have to mention it again. One day off Instagram (which nobody would have noticed), and addressing it on a story which disappeared after 24 hours, so it's like to never happened. Nice.
And of course she had to mention ”took a day off Instagram”, I’m sure she means to imply she was so upset because of the bullying she faced 🙄

She didn’t really address it either. A made-up vanity project for ”underfunded state schools” (which I’m sure she hopes everyone will forget about) is not addressing the matter, it’s trying to weasel out of the situation without actually admitting she was in the wrong.

Reactions: 23
If she was really passionate about this project (and didn’t just make it up in the spot 😉) surely she’d benefit from doing a video on this idea of hers? Reach out to all the peasants from underfunded schools who watch her on YouTube
Rather than a singular post on her stories (not everyone watches the stories, I don’t always) and taking a day off without telling anyone she was talking a day off lamo

Reactions: 17
She never addressed it properly though, she stubbornly insisted that she was in the right throughout. She posted her response as a story so it wouldn't stay on her page for more than 24 hours (so a lot of people may have just not seen it), meaning also couldn't publically ask her questions on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
"I took a day off Instagram xx" as if she did that for the good of everyone else rather than to avoid any more backlash she might get :rolleyes: Her "pure, can't do anything wrong, innocent, well-intentioned" act really annoys me. She thinks she's so much cleverer and aware than everyone else and couldn't possibly get anything wrong. Us plebs just don't understand like she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Houses are still a thing in the UK, that’s why they’re in HP :) to my knowledge it’s largely done at private schools, but not exclusively. At my primary school our houses were animals and at secondary school they were different. I actually went to two secondary schools, one without houses (instead splitting events / contests by tutor groups) and the second with houses.
Ha. My school was the worst state school ever in teaching, but we had a house system and a pool and good sports field!

Reactions: 4
"I took a day off Instagram xx" as if she did that for the good of everyone else rather than to avoid any more backlash she might get :rolleyes: Her "pure, can't do anything wrong, innocent, well-intentioned" act really annoys me. She thinks she's so much cleverer and aware than everyone else and couldn't possibly get anything wrong. Us plebs just don't understand like she does.
I thought she was well-meaning and naive originally but this, along with her book, has really changed my opinion on her. She really gives off a "holier than thou" snobbishness and sense of superiority.

Reactions: 21
I thought she was well-meaning and naive originally but this, along with her book, has really changed my opinion on her. She really gives off a "holier than thou" snobbishness and sense of superiority.
Tbh from her responses to this situation it’s very clear she doesn’t think shes done anything wrong regarding her decision to accept payment for the holocaust memorial day ad. I feel like her real personality has come through a bit here, she thinks she knows best and won’t accept any critcism of her actions. Really and truly, I think she was either raised (or learned) to take criticism as bullying, and so just seems to ignore it or brush it off and I think that’s what she’s doing here

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There's something unbelievably patronising about the double xx at the end of that message lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Tbh from her responses to this situation it’s very clear she doesn’t think shes done anything wrong regarding her decision to accept payment for the holocaust memorial day ad. I feel like her real personality has come through a bit here, she thinks she knows best and won’t accept any critcism of her actions. Really and truly, I think she was either raised (or learned) to take criticism as bullying, and so just seems to ignore it or brush it off and I think that’s what she’s doing here
This - I get the impression that growing up she was often met with "Oh Ruby, aren't you marvelous?" from both her parents and her small independant school where she'll have got lots of individual attention. The comments on her YouTube videos only feed this golden child persona - they're full of young teens feeling guilty that they're not as 'productive' as her. She never addresses these comments where people feel bad about themselves in comparison to her - I get the impression these comments boost her ego even further.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 411576
So she thinks she's addressed the problem enough that she doesn't have to mention it again. One day off Instagram (which nobody would have noticed), and addressing it on a story which disappeared after 24 hours, so it's like it never happened. Nice.
It's clear how immature and self-absorbed she is. She thinks that she can just pretend that nothing happened. She has no intention of doing jack tit for any underfunded school lmao it was just an excuse to get people to forget about it.
The day off of Instagram thing is so ridiculous too.

Yeah this whole thing has really changed my perspective on her.
Surely the mature (and easiest) thing to do would have been to address this in a post on Instagram or a video on Youtube, apologise and show proof that she donated the money to a charity, and encourage her (young) audience to educate themselves on the Holocaust and donate to a good cause. She doesn't need that money and it's immoral to accept it and profit off of a huge tragedy. Especially when all she did for it was light a candle and post a story on Instagram.

Maybe Ruby should start selling a Greed Journal on Pumpkin Productivity. So her young fans can follow in her footsteps properly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
This - I get the impression that growing up she was often met with "Oh Ruby, aren't you marvelous?" from both her parents and her small independant school where she'll have got lots of individual attention. The comments on her YouTube videos only feed this golden child persona - they're full of young teens feeling guilty that they're not as 'productive' as her. She never addresses these comments where people feel bad about themselves in comparison to her - I get the impression these comments boost her ego even further.
I also get this whenever she talks about the sheer amount of books/gifts she was given by her teachers I feel like it’s half way between “look at me I had such a wonderful relationship with them” as portraying this golden child m, but also never quite recognising the privilege andsimply the logistics of going to a smaller school so of course they’re going to get more attention from teachers. I went to a big standard school and had an awesome relationship with my favourite teachers, they were amazing, but they didn’t give gifts to the kids even if it was just their copy of a book

Reactions: 21
This - I get the impression that growing up she was often met with "Oh Ruby, aren't you marvelous?" from both her parents and her small independant school where she'll have got lots of individual attention.
Well they were basically paid for praising her.
Then she went to uni and was like :oops:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Surprised (not surprised) she behaved like a haughty little madam in response to that individual on IG.

It's Friday and the kids are allowed to choose a special Friday snack. Erimentha chooses a nature bar and banana milk. Nathan chooses chocolate buttons and chocolate milk, because he's a dirty disgusting pig. Oink.

Their mum comments that Nathan will be hyper (likely the only joy he gets to experience), Erimentha corrects her stupid mother that there is no link to sugar and hyperactivity in children, isn't intelligence in children supposed to be matrilineal?

In the shops, they bump into a 'middle-aged' woman with Ella, the young girl from the library. They've spent a month in Bali, which is much more palatable for Erimentha compared with Cancun. They invite Erimentha and family to a BBQ at the weekend, hoping the weather will stay nice. Mum interjects that Erimentha loves cloudy weather - this is totally irrelevant and no one cares. Erimentha is keeping a watchful distance from this woman, in case the menopause is contagious.

There is a twist in this plot! Her other daughter is in Erimentha's year. Yep - pale-eyed Kimberly is the spawn of this she-devil, and they're going round to their house, no doubt to be tormented by sunny weather and dead-animal family feast.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Really and truly, I think she was either raised (or learned) to take criticism as bullying, and so just seems to ignore it or brush it off and I think that’s what she’s doing here
I read a great blogpost a while ago about this very phenomenon. The 'I feel bad when you say that' thing. It talks about how we are taught that hurting someone's feelings is bad, but people can also overgeneralise/exploit this. E.g., if Person A does something hurtful, and Person B calls them out (with facts, not opinions) and tells them to apologise, Person A can turn around and say "calling me out has hurt my feelings, so you need to apologise to me." Person A is Ruby.

The blogpost is here (I recommend, as it's a very interesting read): https://norasamaran.com/2016/02/10/variations-on-not-all-men/

Reactions: 20
Ruby once again proves that she has no self awareness or emotional intelligence as she is incapable of taking responsibility for her mistakes or even making a sincere apology.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.