Ruby Granger #3 Call Me By My Scientific Names And I'll Still Play Children's Games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She mentions went to bed at 21:30 but couldn't sleep until 5? I have trouble falling asleep too but that is very extreme....
It is extreme. However it only becomes an ‘issue’ when it happens frequently. It’s honestly horrible so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen her very often. I find it happens to me when I’ve been working all day and haven’t gone outside. I think she needs to go for a big long hour or hour and a half walk! Fresh air into her lungs; it’ll tire her out and help her sleep at night.

She’s probably mentally tired from studying but not physically tired enough to sleep. Self care is so important.

Reactions: 6
Apart from her dinner, her portions are so, so small. She eats less than a child...

Also, chugging 7 teas a day isn't quirky and a personality trait. It's excess and she's probably drinking so much to feel more full. Is she was drinking this amount of coffee, people would be quick to say that it's bad. But because it's tea, it's normal and cute?

Reactions: 12
Without commenting on her body, I stand by my point that all her behaviours are for show. If she was consistently eating as little as she shows and exercising as much as she is, and this has been going on for as long as she’s been showing it for, she’d be severely underweight by now.

She’d also be a lot more secretive rather than repeating things that she knows people will pick up on as eating disorder symptoms, and after all her research she knows they’re symptoms

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This isn't really a serious point, it just bugs me, but I feel absolutely zero love for her dog(s?) in her videos. Maybe mine is just super needy, but whenever I go outside, especially for a walk, as much as possible he comes with me. I'm always petting him when he's in the room. I think, before I even came to this thread, this was always one of the weird minor pet peeves of mine regarding her content. I guess she just isn't really a dog person.

EDIT: Just saw she played with the dog a tiny bit in the vlog, maybe I'm wrong ... it still bugs me.
Felt this way as well but wrote it off as my nitpicking because I absolutely love dogs and I always get weirded out when people's pets are just there in the vlogs, almost ornamental. They aren't working dogs either so obviously they are kept as companions which is why I find it a bit cold when people and their pets (at least dogs, cats can be a lot more independent) seem detatched.

In her latest video she's huddled by the fire and saying she feels the cold so easily... girl, put some socks on! And you're wearing short sleeves!
Yes, god. It's around -5C here right now so I felt cold just looking at her walking on those tiles bare feet 😂

Reactions: 7
Also, chugging 7 teas a day isn't quirky and a personality trait. It's excess and she's probably drinking so much to feel more full. Is she was drinking this amount of coffee, people would be quick to say that it's bad. But because it's tea, it's normal and cute?
Exactly! Doesn't tea contain caffeine as well, or a stimulant in any case? Usually when I can't sleep for hours it's because I've had more caffeine than I'm used to (usually in the form of espresso). It can't be healthy to drink that much tea in a single day.
It's amazing that Ruby can't do anything in moderation. She studies for 15 hours a day, she eats like a toddler, she drinks liters of tea, she reads 10 books in a day. Has she heard of the Latin expression, est modus in rebus? Moderation is key.

Felt this way as well but wrote it off as my nitpicking because I absolutely love dogs and I always get weirded out when people's pets are just there in the vlogs, almost ornamental. They aren't working dogs either so obviously they are kept as companions which is why I find it a bit cold when people and their pets (at least dogs, cats can be a lot more independent) seem detatched.
I have a cat and she is definitely independent, but I am not lmao. Whenever I see her around my house (which isn't exactly rare...she lives here) I'm like "there's my precious babyy omg look at her she's so cute sleeping in the chair, isn't she adorable?". I can't imagine never really mentioning her or interacting with her like Ruby in her vlogs with her dogs. Granted maybe she's more enthusiastic off camera.

Reactions: 9
I did come on her to say that her latest video seems to address a lot of what we’ve discussed. Also she’s pronouncing Arendt properly which is nice. (Hi Ruby *waves*)

I also watched that video and was conscious that I was grumbling away like my mother. It’s January, it’s snowing, and Ruby’s wandering round a house with tiled floors and a massive conservatory in no socks and a thin cotton shirt. Put some bloomin’ clothes on!!!! Also she’d get way better results with her baking if she weighed stuff out - baking’s a science, not necessarily an art. And I’ve never heard of leaving scone dough to set?

Reactions: 10
I always find my results are better if I take some liberties with the measurements and eyeball things when baking 😂 This might take some practice and a reasonable understanding of what you're doing though.

I think she likes the feeling of cowering near a fire or the stove to get warm because if she were in weather appropriate clothing, I doubt she would need to wrap herself in blankets and warm her hands over the fire. Just chuck on a pair of thick leggings, wear socks and a jumper you're good to go? It's obviously cold but you're not in a Gulag in deep Siberia smh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven’t watched her newest video yet, but I did just see this:

C579DB81-C0FB-4FF5-86F2-CE8F9739DEF5.jpeg

So, this time on “are Ruby’s Goodreads reviews going to give me a stroke one day”, I am once again confused by how the review corresponds to the rating. She starts by praising it, but gives it 2 stars? Surely that’s at least 3. And tell us WHY you think there are better books on the Holocaust! And what are those books? Has anyone read the book who can offer any info on its content?

Edit because I clearly stopped scrolling too soon!

41DDA916-3773-49CC-8CD2-8161280CFC02.jpeg

Please learn to spellcheck, Ruby, we’re begging you.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I found it weird that she said she was reading a book on eichmann’s role on ‘the nazi genocide’ - it makes sense to do that when referring to the practice of genocide sort of, but not when referring to a particular genocide - she could’ve just said the Holocaust as that would be more accurate. I guess I’m just nitpicking. But it just sounded strange.

Reactions: 5
I found it weird that she said she was reading a book on eichmann’s role on ‘the nazi genocide’ - it makes sense to do that when referring to the practice of genocide sort of, but not when referring to a particular genocide - she could’ve just said the Holocaust as that would be more accurate. I guess I’m just nitpicking. But it just sounded strange.
Also, Nazi Genocide doesn’t make me instantly think Holocaust. If you said that to me, I would probably have to think for a second on if the person actually meant the Holocaust, or some other genocide I hadn’t thought of

Reactions: 10
I always find my results are better if I take some liberties with the measurements and eyeball things when baking 😂 This might take some practice and a reasonable understanding of what you're doing though.

I think she likes the feeling of cowering near a fire or the stove to get warm because if she were in weather appropriate clothing, I doubt she would need to wrap herself in blankets and warm her hands over the fire. Just chuck on a pair of thick leggings, wear socks and a jumper you're good to go? It's obviously cold but you're not in a Gulag in deep Siberia smh.
Jesus Christ I just watched her video. Why the duck are you sitting on the cold tile floor, with bare feet and short sleeves, Ruby? It's January. Oh my God. Is this girl actually a 5 year old? And these days it's such a hassle if you get a fever or a cough too because it might be Covid. My brother's PE teacher made them run outside all sweaty and he got a fever and had to get tested, it was such a mess. Meanwhile Ruby is walking around her house barefoot, dressed like it's April, shivering in front of the fireplace. I have an idea, Ruby. You get a crumble of common sense and wear season-appropriate clothing even if it's not aesthetic.

Also, Nazi Genocide doesn’t make me instantly think Holocaust. If you said that to me, I would probably have to think for a second on if the person actually meant the Holocaust, or some other genocide I hadn’t thought of
Nazi genocide sounds like the people being exterminated are the nazi lmao
Like wouldn't it make more sense to say "Jewish genocide" at that point? Idk I'm not a native speaker

Reactions: 20
I haven’t watched her newest video yet, but I did just see this:

View attachment 393654
So, this time on “are Ruby’s Goodreads reviews going to give me a stroke one day”, I am once again confused by how the review corresponds to the rating. She starts by praising it, but gives it 2 stars? Surely that’s at least 3. And tell us WHY you think there are better books on the Holocaust! And what are those books? Has anyone read the book who can offer any info on its content?

Edit because I clearly stopped scrolling too soon!

View attachment 393674
Please learn to spellcheck, Ruby, we’re begging you.
I love her goodreads 🤣 if you filter her reviews by how many stars she’s given them it’s hilarious how many times she’ll try to say she rarely gives out 5 stars. Her overall average rating is 4! I’m glad she reads so many books she enjoys though 🤣
A4B501DC-0552-4873-9AA7-C814B2C0B255.jpeg
1BF9339E-9E14-4D1B-BC90-A1B7FDACED2A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ikr! I had to reverse that bit and be like wait what did she actually just say/mean there?

Reactions: 4
Nazi genocide sounds like the people being exterminated are the nazi lmao
Like wouldn't it make more sense to say "Jewish genocide" at that point? Idk I'm not a native speaker
Even a native English speaker saying “Jewish genocide” would sound strange.

Its also not mentioning that not just Jewish people were targeted during WW2, so may not be instantly understood

Reactions: 7
I took a genocide course this fall at university and Ruby was actually correct this time. Holocaust only refers to the genocide of Eastern Jews. The Nazis committed many other genocides during the time of the holocaust (to homosexuals, disabled peoples, etc.). Unless the book is only referring to Jewish peoples (in which case specifying holocaust would be correct), but that seems doubtful considering Jews and other victims were placed in the same concentration camps many times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Without commenting on her body, I stand by my point that all her behaviours are for show. If she was consistently eating as little as she shows and exercising as much as she is, and this has been going on for as long as she’s been showing it for, she’d be severely underweight by now.

She’d also be a lot more secretive rather than repeating things that she knows people will pick up on as eating disorder symptoms, and after all her research she knows they’re symptoms
Absolutely. She rarely shows any meaningful exercise routines though - no real cardio at all, just a couple of minutes of half-assed exercises with bad posture. However, she seems to be proud of her extra healthy vegan diet. It can be harder for petite girls to lose weight and get toned muscles, but, as you said, it does not add up.

Oh, and she suddenly has started mentioning "going for a run". Yea, right.

Reactions: 3
Jesus Christ I just watched her video. Why the duck are you sitting on the cold tile floor, with bare feet and short sleeves, Ruby? It's January. Oh my God. Is this girl actually a 5 year old? And these days it's such a hassle if you get a fever or a cough too because it might be Covid. My brother's PE teacher made them run outside all sweaty and he got a fever and had to get tested, it was such a mess. Meanwhile Ruby is walking around her house barefoot, dressed like it's April, shivering in front of the fireplace. I have an idea, Ruby. You get a crumble of common sense and wear season-appropriate clothing even if it's not aesthetic.
I have noticed that she never seems to wear layers - and I don't mean a jumper/cardigan over a top, I mean proper substantial layers if she's that cold. It's almost like she has some kind of self-struggle complex... always wanting to be fighting the cold, making things more difficult than they need to be etc.

I took a genocide course this fall at university and Ruby was actually correct this time. Holocaust only refers to the genocide of Eastern Jews. The Nazis committed many other genocides during the time of the holocaust (to homosexuals, disabled peoples, etc.). Unless the book is only referring to Jewish peoples (in which case specifying holocaust would be correct), but that seems doubtful considering Jews and other victims were placed in the same concentration camps many times.
Ah yeah I’ll correct myself - I was under the impression that Eichmann’s trial and Arendt’s commentary centred around his involvement in the Holocaust (which it was mainly centred around) however in the end he was also charged for a number of other crimes including other genocides. However, considering it was centred on the Holocaust I just thought it was strange initially. If you thought more about it I guess ‘Nazi genocide’ could also be used, albeit more loosely.

Reactions: 1
Even a native English speaker saying “Jewish genocide” would sound strange.

Its also not mentioning that not just Jewish people were targeted during WW2, so may not be instantly understood
But you do say Armenian genocide right? To refer to the extermination of the Armenian people in Turkey in the early 1900s. I know other groups were targeted too in Nazi Germany but since the Holocaust refers only to Jewish people I thought the expression 'Jewish genocide' made sense as a synonym for Holocaust specifically.

Reactions: 2
Thank you! I didn’t realise this was the case , I’m going to do a bit of reading on the correct usages of the word now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.