Ruby Granger #3 Call Me By My Scientific Names And I'll Still Play Children's Games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's dressing up more childish and has lost weight
She's into astrophysics now
Has uploaded a tone deaf video about the million presents she got for Christmas
Made that 'feeling Christmassy' video

I can't remember anything else, anyone?

Reactions: 8
Ruby:-
-Came home to study remotely for the second half of Semester 1
-Seems to be quite anxious about keeping busy, ‘productive’, timetabling every minute of the day
-Has filmed herself getting overwhelmed at not being about to find a book source for her essay
-Showed us her theatrical side with lookbooks, poetry recitals and costumes
-Showed us she really depends on interaction with her lecturers and seminar tutors and will question their essay feedback far more than seems necessary
-Seems to dress a lot younger than her years, perhaps comes across like Peter Pan in that respect.

Latest “aesthetic” obsessions:-
-‘dark’ (more like ‘light’) academia
-‘middle grade’ books
-Reading in the cold
-Reciting poetry on walks
-Romanticising to the point of tears about mundane objects (blackberries on a hedge)

Reactions: 10
Uses a bunch of "scientific" words without knowing the real meanings.
Procrastinates everything, including essays and reading for her own book club, and still thinks she's the queen of productivity.
Is trapped in her country house with overprotective parents and "mommy Granger".
"Bookworm" who can't give a real book review for the life of her.

Reactions: 13
Uses a bunch of "scientific" words without knowing the real meanings.
Procrastinates everything, including essays and reading for her own book club, and still thinks she's the queen of productivity.
Is trapped in her country house with overprotective parents and "mommy Granger".
"Bookworm" who can't give a real book review for the life of her.
What made me laugh was how a few weeks ago a poster here found the book club and saw that admins had been running it whilst Ruby was missing in action...now all of a sudden she’s having zoom calls with those other people - no mention about how others were helping her tough...unless I missed that part. :unsure:

Reactions: 7
She's so... boring. I hate the sickly sweet voice, and she doesn't even seem passionate about the books she reads.

A couple of thoughts on watching her latest video

- Accent seems more clipped than normal
- Put the damn book down, you don't have to multi-task whilst making porridge/brushing teeth with a book in hand. It happens in the movies when portraying women as 'bookish'
- Drawn on freckles - it was a thing I remember reading on a couple of beauty blogs, summer 2019, but Ruby's motive seems to be to morph into the character Violet Pickles of Ivy Cottage (please do NOT ruin this childhood book for me 😨 )
- Reading in the freezing cold for atmosphere. WTH. Stay away from Irvine Welsh in that case
- Constant clock-watching - just enjoy the damn book without making it a productivity thing

• Haha
Reactions: 22
-Seems to dress a lot younger than her years, perhaps comes across like Peter Pan in that respect.
I’m not a parent so I may be way off here, but this is one of the things that irritates me about Ruby’s parents. I understand that Ruby’s technically an adult and can do as she pleases and post whatever she wants online, but doesn’t anyone in her life (i.e. her parents) realise that doing ‘schoolgirl’ book-looks and posting those kinds of videos online might get a little ... dodgy as she gets older? They can’t be that innocent, surely?

Her mum in particular seems to display some similar behaviours in terms of a reluctance to grow up, she seems to trying to live through her kids and it’s strange. I honestly think that if I’d asked my mum to play dress-up with me when I was in my 20s she would have had me sectioned.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m not a parent so I may be way off here, but this is one of the things that irritates me about Ruby’s parents. I understand that Ruby’s technically an adult and can do as she pleases and post whatever she wants online, but doesn’t anyone in her life (i.e. her parents) realise that doing ‘schoolgirl’ book-looks and posting those kinds of videos online might get a little ... dodgy as she gets older? They can’t be that innocent, surely?

Her mum in particular seems to display some similar behaviours in terms of a reluctance to grow up, she seems to trying to live through her kids and it’s strange. I honestly think that if I’d asked my mum to play dress-up with me when I was in my 20s she would have had me sectioned.
Also not a parent, but completely agree. If my parents caught me doing half the stuff Ruby does - constantly studying, sitting outside in the freezing cold FoR tHe AeStHeTiC, dressing like a child etc, they would definitely stage an intervention. In my case, this would probably involve me getting the bollocking of a lifetime, but I get the sense that they aren't the 'telling off' types of parents. Surely they could sit her down and explain the issues with and potential consequences to her behaviour though? Her mum seems as regressive as Ruby, but her Dad is an investment banker, he must have some comprehension of the world outside their manor house.

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry but those freckles are fake she always says she doesn't wear foundation so why do they just appear sometimes

Reactions: 2
1609359815311.png

Not quite sure I agree with the last comment 😅 I'd personally try where possible to pronounce someones name as accurate as possible, even if I didn't speak their language.

Can totally understand mispronouncing a name/word if the language has syllables you find hard to pronounce (for example Japanese speakers find it hard to pronounce 'R'), but Poirot is pretty easy to pronounce as an english speaker and she didn't even try to google to see if she'd got it correct. Tbh I think she just assumed she was correct because we know how smart Ruby is :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
I'm sorry but those freckles are fake she always says she doesn't wear foundation so why do they just appear sometimes
She is totally wearing concealer, eyebrow gel and possibly foundation in her latest video. Idk if she's always worn makeup though or if it's a new interest.

Also why would the freckles appear during winter?

Reactions: 4
She is totally wearing concealer, eyebrow gel and possibly foundation in her latest video. Idk if she's always worn makeup though or if it's a new interest.

She has said and shown her make up is lip balm and mascara in alot her morning routine videos

View attachment 365024

Not quite sure I agree with the last comment 😅 I'd personally try where possible to pronounce someones name as accurate as possible, even if I didn't speak their language.

Can totally understand mispronouncing a name/word if the language has syllables you find hard to pronounce (for example Japanese speakers find it hard to pronounce 'R'), but Poirot is pretty easy to pronounce as an english speaker and she didn't even try to google to see if she'd got it correct. Tbh I think she just assumed she was correct because we know how smart Ruby is :rolleyes:
I could understand if a name has a non-English sound in it, but when it can be easily pronounced using English sounds, then there isn't really an excuse apart from ignorance.

I think she has a weird contrast filter on this latest video too, as the saturation looks odd. Maybe she filmed in low light and then over-corrected it during editing. It makes her change in makeup look even more stark.

Normally freckles appear in warm weather i.e. when you're out in the hot sun, not the other way round.

Reactions: 6

She did a video not too long ago about how she was starting to wear makeup or something but I think she's worn fake freckles for a while now. I think it's cute (in the least patronising way possible) that she feels confident enough to be experimenting with makeup, she could tone down the fake freckles a little but otherwise I think it's nice to see her take an interest in something a little more age appropriate 😅

She has mentioned wearing more make up actually, she mentioned liking glossier I think.
I like it, I think it’s good that she‘s doing something a bit different for once but that’ll probably change if the freckles continue as I hate this fake freckles trend

View attachment 365024

Also, she wasn't trying to pronounce it in an English way? It was just badly pronounced!

To me, anglicising someone’s name just because you’re English seems really, really rude. You pronounce someone’s name how they’d like it to be pronounced! Anglicising it just smacks of imperialism.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
My daughter is Eleven and likes to dress up as Anne Shirley sometimes. Again, she’s Eleven.. I find it very strange how Ruby is so keen to be stuck in a child-like way at her age, the more I see from her the more I think she is quite smoke & mirrors and does (most) things to appear a certain way rather than following her true passion(s) and interests.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.