Ruby Granger #14 Roobee with an E, style stolen from Blakeney, busywork = productivity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s pretty much admitting that being on social media was the cause of her ”bad mental health days”. What could it be, Roobee? Not the comments calling you out on your lies that you’ve been deleting WHILE YOU SPENT MUCH OF THE WEEKEND ON SOCIAL MEDIA. More bullshit. Lie some more, Roobee, see if your mental health improves.

Reactions: 16
These influencers love to act like they’re providing some sort of essential service to the public by having a presence on social media. If sm is really bothering her as much as she makes out in that caption then she needs to just delete all of her accounts.

Reactions: 25
I also noticed in her recent post that Mother Granger looks a bit thinner (could just be the angle and the placement of the table) but if she is, I wonder if Ruby is trying to copy/emulate her or maybe even the other way around? Just a theory but they do seem very attached to each other and what the other does.

The first photo is from her most recent Instagram post and the other two are photos from Ruby’s Instagram from a few months ago.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
"Taking time away from social media was so good for me, even if only for a few hours". And yet, you posted multiple times to your ig story over the weekend, posted a now deleted/archived video to instagram, and responded to YT comments yesterday. Oh, and you documented your social media "break" by taking photos and videos of everything, and then immediately uploading them to internet. Nothing screams "libing in the moment" like having your phone out every five seconds. Come on, Ruby, if you are going to lie, at least try to keep your story consistent. If social media is just a "SPACE" , and life is about so much more than the "lights on your screen", then maybe you should take your own advice and actually step back from the internet so that you can tackle your mental health problems legitimately.
But don't forget, a week ago, she stopped wasting time on social media forever! She made a video teaching everyone how to do it for themselves! So...how did this happen? I'd be shocked - shocked - to learn that that was all self-involved bullshit for the sake of a video to show how superior she is with lies... /s

So she’s pretty much admitting that being on social media was the cause of her ”bad mental health days”. What could it be, Roobee? Not the comments calling you out on your lies that you’ve been deleting WHILE YOU SPENT MUCH OF THE WEEKEND ON SOCIAL MEDIA. More bullshit. Lie some more, Roobee, see if your mental health improves.
It's so blatant. She sowed the seeds in the comments of the very post in which someone called out her Depop lies. Suddenly her mental health conveniently takes a steep decline the second she faces any valid, measured criticism for just one of her constant, bare-faced lies.

It's so obviously lies to activate her defense squad of fans if any more "bullies" appear in her comments pointing out any more of her lies and toxic bullshit.

And if it were even remotely the truth, she's clearly far too thin-skinned to be on the internet. If she can't handle valid criticism for things she's knowingly and blatantly lied about, how will she cope when actual trolls and creepy internet weirdos show up?

These influencers love to act like they’re providing some sort of essential service to the public by having a presence on social media. If sm is really bothering her as much as she makes out in that caption then she needs to just delete all of her accounts.
Coincidentally, I saw a news story about the mental health crisis that paramedics are facing in the UK at the moment, and naturally I thought 'These people should learn a thing or two from Ruby.' NHS professionals and emergency services might have to deal with the psychological damage of constant stress and PTSD brought on by their job, but have they tried posting Depop listings and posting old videos from their phone? They need to take a step back, gather some perspective and see what true struggle is.

Honestly though, seeing her post about the emotional toll that to do lists were having just sent me.

Ruby, the only person making you do tonnes of random, redundant to do lists is you. And since you've been encouraging these toxic, scatter-brained busywork skills to other people for years, if you're finally admitting that none of it is conducive to being organised and productive, then it's time to make a video apologising and telling people not to follow your examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I also noticed in her recent post that Mother Granger looks a bit thinner (could just be the angle and the placement of the table) but if she is, I wonder if Ruby is trying to copy/emulate her or maybe even the other way around? Just a theory but they do seem very attached to each other and what the other does.

The first photo is from her most recent Instagram post and the other two are photos from Ruby’s Instagram from a few months ago.
Now let's not make losing weight something bad and immediately connect it with EDs. If Mommy Granger got fit then good for her but Ruby is an ADULT and should be more aware of herself and her surroundings instead of developing an eating disorder cause maybe her mommy is on a diet.

After outing her with so many lies I don't believe Ruby is this frail poor thing - more so she's a vile person totally aware of how detrimental and fake her content is. It's been pointed out to her so many times that she should not post triggering food pictures on ig - she still does it. I wouldn't be even shocked if something else was causing her to lose weight but she played it to the ED scenario for attention. She lies and uses everyone (especially her poor followers who are mostly kids and teens) for financial gain and her narcissistic needs cause she doesn't know how to feel confident otherwise.

And honestly Ruby ED discussion is annoying me cause it's so obvious now she does it on purpose after many people pointing out how triggering her content is. Even after Molly commented on that (shame on Molly she backed off tho). Maybe she has an ED but it doesn't excuse her from posting triggering content. Her struggles are her struggles, not only she has money to get the best therapists available, she has time and supporting family (at least from what she portrays). She's read fuckton of books about anorexia too. She should be more aware with her platform. She doesn't want to though cause it gives her attention, i.e. more money.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
"Taking time away from social media was so good for me, even if only for a few hours". And yet, you posted multiple times to your ig story over the weekend, posted a now deleted/archived video to instagram, and responded to YT comments yesterday. Oh, and you documented your social media "break" by taking photos and videos of everything, and then immediately uploading them to the internet. Nothing screams "living in the moment" like having your phone out every five seconds. Come on, Ruby, if you are going to lie, at least try to keep your story consistent. If social media is just a "SPACE" , and life is about so much more than the "lights on your screen", then maybe you should take your own advice and actually step back from the internet so that you can tackle your mental health problems legitimately.
If she thinks a few hours away from her phone is taking time away, then she really needs to step away from the internet. I thought she was too busy twirling in the fields and reading 10 books a day. How is she even noticing that she hasn't checked her social media in a few hours, if her day is as busy with wholesome mindful events as she claims? I think everyone has an online persona to a point but Ruby is really taking the piss with this. She doesn't have to be this family approved wholesome heroine of a crappy children's book, and I really doubt she is like this in her everyday life, all the time. She can't even be herself because she probably has no idea who she actually is, because she's spent so much time pretending she is other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
To add onto what someone else said, if i could hang out with ruby i'd give her a redbull and make her listen to $uicideboy$ with me. I think it'd be a fun social experiment lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Now let's not make losing weight something bad and immediately connect it with EDs. If Mommy Granger got fit then good for her but Ruby is an ADULT and should be more aware of herself and her surroundings instead of developing an eating disorder cause maybe her mommy is on a diet.

After outing her with so many lies I don't believe Ruby is this frail poor thing - more so she's a vile person totally aware of how detrimental and fake her content is. It's been pointed out to her so many times that she should not post triggering food pictures on ig - she still does it. I wouldn't be even shocked if something else was causing her to lose weight but she played it to the ED scenario for attention. She lies and uses everyone (especially her poor followers who are mostly kids and teens) for financial gain and her narcissistic needs cause she doesn't know how to feel confident otherwise.

And honestly Ruby ED discussion is annoying me cause it's so obvious now she does it on purpose after many people pointing out how triggering her content is. Even after Molly commented on that (shame on Molly she backed off tho). Maybe she has an ED but it doesn't excuse her from posting triggering content. Her struggles are her struggles, not only she has money to get the best therapists available, she has time and supporting family (at least from what she portrays). She's read fuckton of books about anorexia too. She should be more aware with her platform. She doesn't want to though cause it gives her attention, i.e. more money.
Just to clarify - I didn’t mean to imply that weight loss immediately equals an ED, I’m sorry if it came across as that ❤

• Heart
her view count barely passes 100k these days
And it's only really her university-related videos that seem to pass 100k. It's pretty clear that most people aren't watching her for the lifestyle content, just the university updates.

Reactions: 4
how can you tell they're a few months old? from her caption it sounds like they're from the weekend
she's been posting old pictures and passing them off as recent for a while now to hide her weight loss.
compare the way she looks in her latest video vs in those pics

Reactions: 1
She’s probably getting ready to stay home for the next semester. What a woss she seriously needs to grow up, get off her high horse and do useful things like volunteering at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Then she will see what life is all out. Not all of us can twirl in our mansions garden. Makes me sick

Reactions: 4
I'm surprised she hasn't shared a post about Jade's book yet.
If it's not about herself and if it shines a light on how her peers are accomplishing more and succeeding more than she is, it won't happen. Ruby needs to be the centre of attention.

And it's only really her university-related videos that seem to pass 100k. It's pretty clear that most people aren't watching her for the lifestyle content, just the university updates.
Yep, the fans who grew up with Ruby are now in uni themselves and want to see content relevant to them. Almost all her "university" content over the past year has been clickbait though and had nothing to do with uni.

And all those fans will be graduating now and wanting to see relevant content about life after uni, while Ruby will be stuck delivering another 579 "university" morning routines filmed at home because the 'ronaphobia returned and she can afford to waste money on rent for a house she never uses.

Her views are only going to decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
And all those fans will be graduating now and wanting to see relevant content about life after uni, while Ruby will be stuck delivering another 579 "university" morning routines filmed at home because the 'ronaphobia returned and she can afford to waste money on rent for a house she never uses.

Her views are only going to decline.
That has made me think though - if as many people have predicted, Ruby either doesn’t go back to Exeter (ie studies remotely) or returns and has to withdraw for the year for mental health purposes, what is going to become of the house she is living in with Blakeney? Blakeney might be happy to live alone if it’s for a few short weeks but if it becomes longer that is going to be very isolating for her and at some point she will surely have to move out.
That is going to complicate things a lot for Ruby if/when she does return.

Reactions: 2
I don't think Ruby will suspend her degree. She will just carry on pretending that everything is fine. She's been ill for quite some time and still apparently acing her exams and coursework. Suspending her studies would be her absolute worst nightmare, because her entire sense of self worth (and her brand) is based around being a star student.

I also think she'll return to campus rather than work from home. I imagine that attending lectures in person will be mandatory next year, and Ruby needs to go back to Exeter to get fresh content - there's only so many times she can show us her bedroom window (complete with dead fly)...

Reactions: 27
I also think she'll return to campus rather than work from home. I imagine that attending lectures in person will be mandatory next year, and Ruby needs to go back to Exeter to get fresh content - there's only so many times she can show us her bedroom window (complete with dead fly)...
Yup, I'm sure it will be required for anyone who can travel back to Exeter to do so. Plus given she's going to be doing her diss, I would have thought she'd want access to the library, only using online sources would be quite limiting. I don't think she'll want to suspend her degree, but I also can't see her getting through the next year. It really doesn't look like anyone is intervening in her life, so there's a good chance she's going to get admitted to hospital when she finally becomes too weak to sustain herself. Honestly if that happens she's probably better off around Blakeney, who seems reasonably sensible, than around her parents, whom I dislike more than Ruby. It is their fault that both their children are fucked up messes, and there's no way they'll be any use if Ruby gets worse.

Granted, I was a lot younger than her when I went through my ED (13-16), but I'd lost a lot less weight than her and my parents intervened so fast. I can't believe no one has said anything. That's just neglect at this point.

Reactions: 11
That has made me think though - if as many people have predicted, Ruby either doesn’t go back to Exeter (ie studies remotely) or returns and has to withdraw for the year for mental health purposes, what is going to become of the house she is living in with Blakeney? Blakeney might be happy to live alone if it’s for a few short weeks but if it becomes longer that is going to be very isolating for her and at some point she will surely have to move out.
That is going to complicate things a lot for Ruby if/when she does return.
Blakeney might decide she's fine staying alone, but I'd be shocked if she didn't get annoyed at the Groundhog Day situation of Ruby bailing all the time. It'll be a different situation than last time, and Blakeney wouldn't be alone on a mostly abandoned campus, most people will be back there this time. And Blakeney seems more outgoing and independent than Ruby with a lot more friends/extracurriculars keeping her busy and Ruby ended up paying her share of the rent for all of last year, so I imagine she will again if she bails. So there's that.

But there's things like shared food/shopping bills, etc. that would've been easier with a roommate around, and Ruby won't have considered that at any point. I can foresee it straining their friendship if/when she does it again. Leaving Blakeney stuck by herself on campus the first time was a crappy move, but you could forgive it once if Ruby claimed mental health concerns and paid her share of the rent. But now, even more than at the time, the mental health concerns and Ruby's fear of Covid have been shown as blatant lies and inconsistent horseshit, and leaving Blakeney alone just to retreat into childhood won't be as easy to forgive.

She'd be a lot better off sticking around at uni the first time - her quick decline and weight loss really kicked off when she moved back home. You'd hope that being around people her own age who are more likely to keep her in check would be helpful, but then you see her and Blakeney sharing peas and "pico-lays" with someone recovering from an ED and someone clearly in the middle of one and wonder if anyone has any common sense.

Reactions: 10
Granted, I was a lot younger than her when I went through my ED (13-16), but I'd lost a lot less weight than her and my parents intervened so fast. I can't believe no one has said anything. That's just neglect at this point.
Her parents definitely strike me as the neglectful sort. The fact that the house is filthy despite her mum not having an actual job is very revealing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.