Roz Purcell.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really did like Roz for so long. I am now beginning to see through her. She has carefully cultivated her image and brand where she is in a place where The Hike Life can be ready to launch a whole collection.

As posters said above, why would you choose this over an established hiking brand?

Why? Image and being part of "that set".

That set that now is making taking a hike into a consumerist fashion show.

Reactions: 6
I really did like Roz for so long. I am now beginning to see through her. She has carefully cultivated her image and brand where she is in a place where The Hike Life can be ready to launch a whole collection.

As posters said above, why would you choose this over an established hiking brand?

Why? Image and being part of "that set".

That set that now is making taking a hike into a consumerist fashion show.
A Consumerist Fashion Show is the best way to describe it . I would be shocked if there was any item below 25e in her drop , no doubt the shipping fees will be high too. I would also be shocked if "Ms sustainable " produced anything in Ireland. The hike life is just an influencing event. Its for social media not for like minded people . A lot of the same people attend these events regularly because its basically like a click from school.
I do still find it hilarious that despite her best attempts to breakaway from "no longer being a model", she knows how to get her engagement up and its always with a swimwear pic or going out pic !!
Finally i cant wait till she is off the radio . She is just painful and not relatable in the slightest .

Reactions: 7
So we now know that The hike life products are made in Portugal .Its a tad bit strange that not once has she shared anything to do with the manufacturing process, who she's working with , if they are a company who preach the same " values/morals" as she does and she still expects people to drop good money on products that they know nothing about. Pretty privilege really does let people get away with a hell of a lot of bullshit !! She has slowly become more transparent with ads and paid partnership's due to the asai constantly reminding her to basically not be a shady witch it would be nice if that transparency came through on the hike life brand.

Reactions: 4
So we now know that The hike life products are made in Portugal .Its a tad bit strange that not once has she shared anything to do with the manufacturing process, who she's working with , if they are a company who preach the same " values/morals" as she does and she still expects people to drop good money on products that they know nothing about. Pretty privilege really does let people get away with a hell of a lot of bullshit !! She has slowly become more transparent with ads and paid partnership's due to the asai constantly reminding her to basically not be a shady witch it would be nice if that transparency came through on the hike life brand.
When did she get called out by the ASAI?

Has anyone bought any hike life gear ? Is it well made ? I honestly don't get the hold this woman has over people

Reactions: 3
Christ does she have a TV show now? You'd swear she invented hiking. All she did was monetize it for herself. There's loads of local hiking groups around Ireland for years and years.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I like that Roz is promoting an active lifestyle but not being pushy like other influencers, I feel like she's just showing what she enjoys. I know she gets paid A LOT for ads/tourism content, but I think that to be fair to her she also puts a lot of effort in to make the content really good; I won't name names but there are other influencers who put in the bare minimum effort with their content on sponsored trips. I agree that the price point for the hike life merchandise is very very expensive compared with other brands, I don't own any of it so I'm not sure what the quality is like, but if people are willing to pay those prices more power to her!
I remember serving her in a shop I was working in a few years ago and she came across as a nice and almost shy person at the time

Reactions: 12
I like Roz generally but I really hope she is off-setting her flights. She seems to be consistently away - not very climate conscious clashing with the values she tries to portray with the Hike Life, veganism etc.

Reactions: 5
I like Roz generally but I really hope she is off-setting her flights. She seems to be consistently away - not very climate conscious clashing with the values she tries to portray with the Hike Life, veganism etc.
I doubt she has. This is someone who says "dream vehicle " is a defender . Id like to note this is due to one of her photographers having one and it looks great for wild camping shots etc. Even though in reality it just looks like someone being a complete wanker who does not really give a duck about nature.
We can all work out our carbon foot print very easily so it would be interesting if she talked about it . What she does to offset her flights, bringing stock in from Portugal etc . At present what she does and what she says often clash. This is why i find it very hard to watch her at times. She just seems to hop on a trend and throw in some buzzwords . She comes across as someone who is very unsure of herself in the world and has created a fake persona in the hopes of being valued by the massses

Blatantly asking for physio advice for free today. Just has "no time" to go and pay a professional to diagnose her problem. Really??

Reactions: 1
Why does she shout on the radio or are my ears sensitive?
A lot of the newer Irish radio presenters have zero radio presenting training and experience. Its difficult to get on air for radio Djs, usually they start with a late evening show, not a slot that has a higher number of listeners . It annoys me hearing people presenting on the radio who are only on because they are in the know in the online world and do not have a passion for it. I suppose though radio is a dying media so less and less people are choosing radio dj as a career but its sad to see as a lot of djs have previously done unpaid, shadowing and work experiencing. I think with Roz, its something for her to do and is friends with the 2 johnnies and she is in the know so is a easy choice for 2fm. I have found 2fm as a radio station as a whole to have gone down in recent years.

Why does she shout on the radio or are my ears sensitive?
I listened in the past few days she was covering and didn't think she was shouty? I think she's just a bit expressive at times! But I do like herself and Emma covering, think they're a good team and the tunes are decent!

Can anyone tell me why she is currently faking having freckles on her nose? why do all the insta huns have to do this ?Is she ever happy in her own skin???]Being dipped in fake tan while always pretending to be natural is something that irritates the life out of me. T

Reactions: 3
Posting about how 'we' need to help this poor adult dog looking from a home when Roz will only ever adopt a puppy herself, never an abandoned grown up dog. 🙄

Reactions: 6
Posting about how 'we' need to help this poor adult dog looking from a home when Roz will only ever adopt a puppy herself, never an abandoned grown up dog. 🙄
If she can buy a forest , you would think she would be able to home an extra dog or two . Clearly she has the space for another dog in zach house but an older dog wouldn't make great content and after all if its not going to generate good content she isn't going to do.
She really does love to use the royal we . Its painful !!!