The Royal Family #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly didn’t realise how young she was in the 80s until just a few years ago. It feels like she was in her 30s from her wedding to the day she died.
The captions under the pictures in that article are comedy gold! A picture of William with a green velvet jacket compared to Daniel Craig in a pink velvet jacket in a completely different style. And Kate and William give each other a look.of love when they look like they are hardly looking at each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love Saadiya Khan and Ffion Hague's outfits. Love Dame Emma Thompson wearing her order star as a brooch too. William would have done better with a brighter jewel colour for his jacket or a lighter layer underneath. He certainly tried to get with the vibe though, judging by several of the men's outfits. Emma Watson - dreadful; is she trying to that masculine/feminine thing? Kate doesn't have the curviness of youth now and her arms are starting to look a bit scrawny and wiry but I do like the dress.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Prince William announced that Earthshot 2022 will be held in America. I'm sorry but I find this family bonkers. 😂

Reactions: 3
W&K both look really old, they are the least sexy couple in the world! It's really shown up how scrawny Kate is now she's starting to age.

W&K both look really old, they are the least sexy couple in the world! It's really shown up how scrawny Kate is now she's starting to age

Reactions: 8
I honestly think you’re on a different planet if you look at Kate and think she’s scrawny, she looks like a pretty standard UK size 6

Kate‘s dress is a rewear. She first wore it years ago. I really like it but I’m not sure it coordinates with his outfit? William’s jacket is a rewear too. Appropriate given the occasion!

Not sure if anyone else follows DeuxMoi on IG, but there was a submission this Sunday saying they spotted Will & Kate snogging backstage at Earthshot. Obviously not sure of validity but made me giggle. I hope they are in love still and happy. The main point of the submission was to say they saw Emma Watson with Phillip Green’s son.

• Haha
Both outfits didn’t really go well together. I don’t think both look older than they are though? They are pushing 40 after all? I find the idea that people should look like they are 25 forever pretty damaging. Of course there will be wrinkles, skin has started to drop and in 90% of cases there is nothing of the youthful fat in the face left. To me, they look like all the other 40 year olds. They look younger when dolled up for extremely important events and when photoshopped well- which true for everyone. I think it’s actually surprising their look fell so short for this, seeing it’s such a big project for him.

I will say though, that I think Kate’s highlights always age her, as they don’t go well with her skin especially when she is tanned. Darker hair makes her look less yellow and gives her more of a Snow White looked - again if not tanned. And she definitely looks much younger when she has a few pounds more and carries some weight in her face. Her face always looked freshest when heavily pregnant because it gave her the “healthy 25 year old with the rest of their baby fat” look.

I really liked the lilac dress the first time but it looked a bit dated - perhaps its the colour.

I agree with what others have said. The two outfits don't go well together. Kate's dress is very pretty and looks good in motion, but it's too bridesmaidy and feels a bit dated. Not a fan of William's "Steve Jobs" polo neck at all. The jacket is fine, but again the green velvet clashes with Kate's dress. I too am surprised she didn't go for a rewear of one of her green dresses - it's a great colour on her.

Since she stopped tanning as much, I think she looks better in darker/bold jewel colours than in whites/pastels.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m a mother of a daughter who is very tall and a size 6. Is body shaming thin women socially acceptable, are they the exception to the rule?

I didn't recognize it as a McQueen dress until I read the headline. I absolutely LOVE McQueen but Kate's dress kind of looks like a bridesmaids outfit.
I think this is a Sarah Burton dress? I don’t know, I think the fire that went with the McQueen brand extinguished when Lee McQueen died.

I’m a mother of a daughter who is very tall and a size 6. Is body shaming thin women socially acceptable, are they the exception to the rule?
So frustrating that the first thing Richard Madley did when they were showing the Earthshot event in the news today was comment on Kate’s waist.
As for talking about bodies, on Tattle all sizes get talked about, Honey Ross is a name I see a lot in threads.

I really liked Kate's dress, so simple but elegant, Emma Watson's dress was not a good choice.

I think maybe a grey or dark blue dress would have complimented William’s ‘look’ a bit better. Kate already has these so she wouldn’t need to buy anything new, so win win!
54A2C6AF-B1AC-4B18-9DA5-21C9D2A7F285.jpeg

Edit: now I look at them again I think maybe the one on the left is too fussy. But I really love the one on the right, the neckline is divine.

As for talking about bodies, on Tattle all sizes get talked about, Honey Ross is a name I see a lot in threads.
Of course it does and I get that this is my problem and I probably should have kept my thoughts to myself. This thread always seemed to be one of the few where the commentary was mostly fair and constructive. For me personally, it was just disappointing to see posts with derogatory language used about a woman’s slim body being liked that I’m not sure would be met with the same response had the person gained weight.

Reactions: 4
CDB0E6D9-6D59-4278-A45A-BC72C9371044.jpeg

Im not a general Cambridge fan for loads of reasons but it sounds like they’ve done something really impactful and lasting, for once. Good on them and their team.

(it’s not a competition but I’m sure h&m are not happy with this going well.)

Reactions: 6
(it’s not a competition but I’m sure h&m are not happy with this going well.)
Harry already has the Invictus Games so I doubt he cares. Although I think H&M will probably be annoyed that the next awards ceremony will be held in America. The British press will be going into overdrive with their reconciliation stories.

Harry already has the Invictus Games so I doubt he cares. Although I think H&M will probably be annoyed that the next awards ceremony will be held in America.
IG is an amazing initiative I’ll give him that but he seems the type to not like to see other people succeed, especially William.

When I read the post Charles wrote about being proud of his son William and the article which said TQ commented proudly that she read about W's comments on TV one of my thoughts was that it must sting Harry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.