The Royal Family #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on here, loyal servants! 👸 🤴

Quick recap:
Charles and the Cambridges are allegedly getting into streaming services.
Andrew is still up tit creek.
Harry and Meghan are still in America.
Lady Louise went to see Strictly.
The world may/may not change when the Queen dies.

Reactions: 7
I think there was no way to gather any legally acceptable prove for what Andrew did or didn’t do. It’s no surprise after all this time and happens all the time. But everyone will low key think it’s because of mummy. The family really needs to get a grip on that situation.

On another note. Cressida did a tit job, but it’s always fascinating that if a man does it the outrage is always less. She didn’t funk up the police, but is the last one in a long line of people ignoring the problems. Just like Theresa didn’t cause Brexit. But still, people talked about her in a way they never did with Cameron and even re-elected Boris. Not even touching the cognitive dissonance in other countries in Europe and over the pond.

Not saying this about the people here, but it’s really surprising that’s still a thing (and I am very far of being a radical feminist thinking women can do no wrong or are always judged worse or wrongly).

Reactions: 15
Is it illegal to have sex with someone who’s been trafficked? I thought maybe they could get him on that?

Reactions: 4
And how can they prove that he knew that she was trafficked?
In some countries it doesn’t matter if you knew. Just like it doesn’t matter if you knew if someone was under the age of consent (the excuse „she looked older“ doesn’t cut it anymore).

It’s still highly unlikely there will be enough evidence to prove him guilty. Lack of evidence apart from she said/he said. I think Virginia is trying to prove her story but also to get some money out of it. I am pretty sure she would prefer to get a tit load of money to shut up forever, and having her reputation restored is just her second best option. With how things are, I see PA paying her to be quiet rather than having the case go to trial. But it’s not even sure that’s going to happen. On the other hand, the longer it goes on the worse he looks (if that’s even possible) and she is free to talk. I have no sympathy for PA but I doubt he would loose. Hopefully, someone makes it clear to him that just because he cannot be proven guilty, people believe him to br innocent and he can be back out there parading around. If he wouldn’t have a history of shady behaviour maybe, but this was just the tip of the iceberg of tons of shady behaviour. Wonder who will provide this reality check?

Reactions: 2
I think Virginia is trying to prove her story but also to get some money out of it. I am pretty sure she would prefer to get a tit load of money to shut up forever, and having her reputation restored is just her second best option.
Why do you think this, I’ve seen quite a few people say that she’s doing it for publicity and money. Not an attack on you, very curious about this.

Reactions: 3
Why was C Dick made a dame?
It's fairly standard practice for the Met Commanders to be knighted. Dame is the female equivalent.

Andrew seems to have totally pissed off his siblings (probably since birth as the favourite - I've heard that Edward was only born so Andrew could have a playmate). Charles, Anne and Edward - plus William- have frozen him out and Charles kicked him out of an army dinner:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-banned-eating-charles-25184672

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Why do you think this, I’ve seen quite a few people say that she’s doing it for publicity and money. Not an attack on you, very curious about this.
She is mostly targeting the weakest link, she could sue Maxwells or others but it’s probably even harder to build a case against them. Which I don’t condemn. I would only go after a potential success too. There have been inconsistencies in her stories over the years, but I think that’s often explainable- it has been a long time ago. But she definitely tries to benefit from the fact that the topic has lots of attention now. I don’t think she goes for publicity but I think after all those years she wants to get money (and if she speaks the truth she deserves it) as compensation first and restore her reputation as a second. I just don’t think she does it just for justice. If that would be the case she would provide more names, no matter if anything comes out of it.
I am also in complete support of her actions in so far, that I think it’s only just to have a judge/court decide if there is a case that can be worked out in court and if so decide if her claims can be proven. I think in both cases she might loose but at least she tried and got the chance.

Reactions: 4
It's been proven that Epstein trafficked young girls in court and he got away with a slap on the wrist ( Andrew didn't care, but must have known he'd been convicted ) Ghislaine Maxwells trial on grooming charges is being delayed and delayed by her shady family, but people are jumping through hoops ( not you but people saying she's doing it for the money) because they want to minimise Prince Andrew's involvement. Its going to be impossible to prove he had sex with her or that he knew she was groomed ( I'm not sure simply not caring either way counts) but his personality, his previous behaviour and his attitude to people he feels are beneath him lead me to believe that surrounded by his rich mates who were all doing the same thing, he would not have taken the moral high ground and not abused her. His defence to the civil case isn't that he is innocent but that a previous payment to VG covers him too. I suspect now that she is older, she regrets taking the initial money, especially now Epstein is dead and can't face justice, and she thinks Andrew is the only one not covered. There is a French woman who is also claiming Andrew abused her, and Ghislaines trial is coming up eventually as the authorities seem determined to keep her alive and in prison, so we'll see if she sings like a canary to save her own skin.

Reactions: 9
It's been proven that Epstein trafficked young girls in court and he got away with a slap on the wrist ( Andrew didn't care, but must have known he'd been convicted ) Ghislaine Maxwells trial on grooming charges is being delayed and delayed by her shady family, but people are jumping through hoops ( not you but people saying she's doing it for the money) because they want to minimise Prince Andrew's involvement. Its going to be impossible to prove he had sex with her or that he knew she was groomed ( I'm not sure simply not caring either way counts) but his personality, his previous behaviour and his attitude to people he feels are beneath him lead me to believe that surrounded by his rich mates who were all doing the same thing, he would not have taken the moral high ground and not abused her. His defence to the civil case isn't that he is innocent but that a previous payment to VG covers him too. I suspect now that she is older, she regrets taking the initial money, especially now Epstein is dead and can't face justice, and she thinks Andrew is the only one not covered. There is a French woman who is also claiming Andrew abused her, and Ghislaines trial is coming up eventually as the authorities seem determined to keep her alive and in prison, so we'll see if she sings like a canary to save her own skin.
You said
"His defence to the civil case isn't that he is innocent but that a previous payment to VG covers him too."

I am not very familiar with the legal system in the US, but as far as I understand Andrew's legal team wants the case to be thrown out - this is on the basis that there are no real grounds for a claim.
If a matter had already been settled in previous proceedings it cannot be brought to court again, so it would be a reasonable strategy to avoid the claim being progressed.

This is different to a defence, a defence would counter the allegations made in the claim (and then he would probably say he didn't abuse her).

You said
"His defence to the civil case isn't that he is innocent but that a previous payment to VG covers him too."

I am not very familiar with the legal system in the US, but as far as I understand Andrew's legal team wants the case to be thrown out - this is on the basis that there are no real grounds for a claim.
If a matter had already been settled in previous proceedings it cannot be brought to court again, so it would be a reasonable strategy to avoid the claim being progressed.

This is different to a defence, a defence would counter the allegations made in the claim (and then he would probably say he didn't abuse her).
Yes sorry that's what I meant- he isn't defending himself, he is saying that she doesn't have a claim because compensation has already been paid for what happened to her. I know he will never go to court, even as a witness, and in his defence, its impossible to prove really, but all the reputational damage being done to him by this leads me to believe he is going by the mantra that is better that people think I'm a disgusting man who has sex with trafficked 17 year olds than they know it. Because he has done nothing to defend himself at all and all evidence as to his whereabouts has conveniently been 'lost'.

Yes sorry that's what I meant- he isn't defending himself, he is saying that she doesn't have a claim because compensation has already been paid for what happened to her. I know he will never go to court, even as a witness, and in his defence, its impossible to prove really, but all the reputational damage being done to him by this leads me to believe he is going by the mantra that is better that people think I'm a disgusting man who has sex with trafficked 17 year olds than they know it. Because he has done nothing to defend himself at all and all evidence as to his whereabouts has conveniently been 'lost'.
Yes, if the court would disagree with him and allow the claim to progress then he would eventually need to file a defence.

I think he did probably have sex with her. It would be too strange - why has he been in all these places where Epstein girls were?

But I also think that it would be beyond challenging to prove, also because of the amount of time that has passed.

I wonder though, why RG picked Andrew. She must have had sex with other Epstein connections - does she not know their names? She received compensation for what Epstein did to her, but she also goes after Andrew and nobody else. This seems a bit strange to me.

I also think that other wealthy people (not sure if just men) had sex with the Epstein girls. Why were they on his island and on the Lolita plane? They have this book with all the names.

But Andrew is the only one they shine a light on. V strange in my view.

I believe Andrew raped Virgina and knew she was trafficked. That car carsh Newsnight interview just showed what a terrible liar and arrogant man he is.

I also believe this MET investigation was just the police ticking off a box. Nothing was going to happen to Andrew or come of the investigation. It was just to appease the public so they can pretend the justice system works the same for the rich and powerful, as it works for the ordinary man.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.